Clayton
Paparone
Dawson
Taylor
Witherden
Mayes
Lester
Frost
Alex Witherden will be a real good player, expecting a bit much for kid that badly broke a leg late in the 2015 TAC Comp that saw him miss all of last year. Very, very talented kid. Bit harsh on Christensen too, he's been having a bad run with injuries, currently out for 3 months after re-injuring his troublesome collarbone.

Alex Witherden will be a real good player, expecting a bit much for kid that badly broke a leg late in the 2015 TAC Comp that saw him miss all of last year. Very, very talented kid. Bit harsh on Christensen too, he's been having a bad run with injuries, currently out for 3 months after re-injuring his troublesome collarbone.
Point stands though, that is a huge amount of deadwood.

Ahhh thought Witherden was some recruit from Hawthorn for some reason

Can't deny how well Port are playing at the moment.

Brisbane are shit, but good teams put shit teams to sword and that's exactly what they're doing.
They remind me of us circa 2009. Look like hot shit against rabbles, fall to pieces when the heat is on. Putting shit teams to the sword is great now, but doesn't help in September when the shit teams aren't playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's easy to talk down Port's season so far, but I think they're playing some good footy, and they're a team that seems to play better with more self belief, which they have a lot of at the moment. It could be said they're being flat track bullies, but they have made their oponents in their wins look second rate, especially considering Brisbane, Carlton, Sydney and Freo have at least been putting in some kind of effort this season.
Also, yes, they have lost against the better oponents, but it's also worth noting that GWS and Adelaide may be the two best teams this year, and they weren't severely outplayed in those games.
Don't be surprised if they are pushing for top 4 come seasons end, as there are lots of mediocre teams this year. While I think we will beat them again in the next showdown, the winner will have earned it.

It's nice that they're having a good season at the same time we're having a better one.

Last edited:
They remind me of us circa 2009. Look like hot shit against rabbles, fall to pieces when the heat is on. Putting shit teams to the sword is great now, but doesn't help in September when the shit teams aren't playing.

We don't really know that after only 6 rounds.

They are formidable.

What does this win prove? Sweet fa, they beat the swans blues and lions. I know one thing its proves, Dixon is a flat track bully.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Our win over them looking a bit more impressive
sign-post-5704284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back