Certified Legendary Thread 2017 The Summer of George Trade Period Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another club pays for you to visit their facilities for a few hours which has the subsequent effect of bumping up your value to those clubs that want your signature. You'd be stupid not to.

Who is going to knock back an opportunity to get out of cold Melbourne for an all expenses paid trip to the Gold Coast?

Everyone has a natural resistance to change. Once Watts makes the move and settles in, he won't regret it and he'll buy in. Happens all the time across all jobs/careers.

He's 34 next year, he's given them 7 years and 110 games service, all he cost them was a fat contract which was subsidised by the AFL. It's not about sentiment, it's about ongoing handouts to a club that has lived off them since its inception and almost blown them all.

They are talking about a first round pick or a first 18 player. Come on get real. Just let him go. He's done there.

GC trying to turn the trade around. Her you have GAz on his cheap third year of his contract oh her is picks 24 and 26 as well and we will have Duncan.

lets face it it, it is more likely to be Gaz on the cheap 3rd year of his contract for Kolo.

Buggered if I let him walk without getting something in return. They have that many picks in the second round that any draft picks geelong offers have no value if they are outside pick 30

So where would people rate our list in the unlikely event we just end up with compensation for Trengove and a couple of near-worthless picks in an average draft for Impey and Ah Chee?
Going the usual proviso with injuries:

Forward line - 2018 - Marshall and/or Frampton in place of Trengove. No Impey = improvement.
Rucks - Frampton to provide support to Ryder = same
Backs - inexperienced back line now with more games under belt. Hombsch either not playing under duress or is and same output as this year. As long as Ken doesn’t try to squeeze in Broadbent at the expense of DBJ or Houston = improvement.
Inside mids - SPP a second pre-season under belt, Atley and Drew improvement, more then covers losing Ah Chee = improvement.
Outside mids - our weakness. If we get Motlop he can spend some time pushed up. Otherwise we need to hope the likes of Bonner can go to a wing. At present looking worse.

Overall slightly better for players likely to play, but not enough to go top 2. Could be top 4, but it’s mostly about the coaching - both selections and game day. Will we get good Ken (end of 2017) or gold pass / LIM Ken?

No to Lienert and Hombsch as a forward.

Yes to any of Watts, Hoff or Frampton. (Marshall maybe in another year).

Howard to play forward only if we have Jonas, Clurey and Hombsch fit and firing with nobody up forward to help Dixon.

Just missing the 8. But let's not wet the bed yet.

I don't get this scenario - I think Howard would be a good forward option rather than pushing him back as a preference

I don't get this scenario - I think Howard would be a good forward option rather than pushing him back as a preference
He can play at both ends, But he's a better defender than forward.

lol Barrett on Trade Radio soon. The big intro for him "HE HAS SOME BREAKING NEWS ON STEPHEN MOTLOP BEING SEEN AT THE GOLD COAST!"

Breaking news my anus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wer choosing a new club to go to, even if you had a preferred club you would still go and explore every option... it’s your future after all... would be idiotic not to

At the very least you'd take the all expenses paid holiday.

While it would be the most fitting conclusion to 2017 if players chose Carlton and Gold Coast over us, I have complete faith that we will get our targets.

It's the one thing we've been exceptional at over the last few years.

Everyone has a natural resistance to change. Once Watts makes the move and settles in, he won't regret it and he'll buy in. Happens all the time across all jobs/careers.
I reckon you'd get 1 good year out of types likes Watts and Motlop.. the first year then they revert to normal programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back