2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd really hope if the Cameron or Schache trade doesn't happen we look at bundling up 1,12,18,20 into 3 top 10 picks.

I still don't want pick 1 in this draft since its so even, if we can downgrade and get something for the downgrade that would be ideal.

More than an attempt
Well so far we have lost one of our best players for a shit pick, let the world know Schache is only staying because no-one else wants him and have been unable to secure a player who wants to be here. Have not got any extra picks in the top ten or got rid of any list cloggers. Going to need a big day tomorrow to remedy any of this but you can continue to let your one-eyedness blind you that everything is ok.

Well so far we have lost one of our best players for a shit pick, let the world know Schache is only staying because no-one else wants him and have been unable to secure a player who wants to be here. Have not got any extra picks in the top ten or got rid of any list cloggers. Going to need a big day tomorrow to remedy any of this but you can continue to let your one-eyedness blind you that everything is ok.

I'm not happy with our trades so far but at least I'm not letting my ignorance lead to making stupid assumptions

When you cook food, do you serve it before it's finished cooking? At least wait until after the dust settles tomorrow before sounding the alarms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently we trade for needs and draft for talent. Would have thought as wooden spooners we would probably have some needs.....
Name any of the big names that have been traded in the last 3 years than wanted to come to Brisbane? Accept that we will have to do for our entire existence with the occasional Beams like trade.

OMG - I read this thinking it was Dylan12 and then looked at the avatar and realised what a terrible mistake I had made...

Schache possibly staying will be like landing the biggest fish of the trade period for me and outweighs the loss of Rockliff.

That’s just me though.
Agree completely! Move his family up or let him live with Hodgey's family. Many players go through 2nd year blues and come out the other end.

Schache possibly staying will be like landing the biggest fish of the trade period for me and outweighs the loss of Rockliff.

That’s just me though.
I agree. Not everyone thinks Schache is doomed. There's a question mark, but plenty out there think he can make it.
Scott Lucas (who followed Wallace's garbage with some common sense) said that it's likely there was no takers for Schache because no one was willing to pay the asking price, and clubs maybe looking at Richmond winning no with only one key forward so big forwards are out of favor this trade period. He still expects Schache to turn into a very good to excellent player. Matthew Lloyd (as much as he's a tit) obviously thinks he's going to be a player or he wouldn't have been advocating so hard that another club should take him.

The trade period has probably opened his eyes, but I guarantee now he's (likely) staying the club and players will get around him and try like he'll to build him up and get him over his issues.

If they do something smart like plan times over the next 12 months when he can get home, that can certainly help. Having a future point to count down to works as a strategy for homesickness - it gives a future point to count down to and removes the feeling of having moved away never to return.

Agree completely! Move his family up or let him live with Hodgey's family. Many players go through 2nd year blues and come out the other end.

Chris Johnson was cited earlier as an example of a player that really struggled to adapt to life in Brisbane and actually asked for a trade outta here (1998?)

Other players that battled homesickness were Simon Black and (I think) Luke Power.

Also Ryan O'Keefe begged for a trade out of the Swans but because they couldn't find a home for him, he stayed and after tasting success, decided he liked life in Sydney after all.

We shouldn't be so defeatist and pessimistic about Shache.

The club's welfare system (from all reports) has never been stronger.

No reason that as he matures, he can't be turned around to becone a very good player for us.

There are at least 5-6 times he could be in melbourne and arrange to see family......even if he's not in the team, he could come down with them...

..not a bad effort over approx 9mnth of having to be up there and away from them...

Dodongo thinks it's possible to trade 1 for 7 and 8 or trade 12, 18 and 20 for 5, 6 or 7 if the club push it hard enough. Just need a second or third back for Ballenden. Dodongo thinks the club has been so focused in Cameron and Schache they haven't had time to work out creative trades. Dodongo thinks that will change tomorrow and some creative trades will happen.

Dodongo thinks it's possible to trade 1 for 7 and 8 or trade 12, 18 and 20 for 5, 6 or 7 if the club push it hard enough. Just need a second or third back for Ballenden. Dodongo thinks the club has been so focused in Cameron and Schache they haven't had time to work out creative trades. Dodongo thinks that will change tomorrow and some creative trades will happen.
Are there any nuts on the line here?

Chris Johnson was cited earlier as an example of a player that really struggled to adapt to life in Brisbane and actually asked for a trade outta here (1998?)

Other players that battled homesickness were Simon Black and (I think) Luke Power.

Also Ryan O'Keefe begged for a trade out of the Swans but because they couldn't find a home for him, he stayed and after tasting success, decided he liked life in Sydney after all.

We shouldn't be so defeatist and pessimistic about Shache.

The club's welfare system (from all reports) has never been stronger.

No reason that as he matures, he can't be turned around to becone a very good player for us.
Leppa also struggled early days
1. St Kilda - LDU
2. GC - Dow
3. Carlton - Rayner

Bonar? Personally don't understand the adulation just after one game. Reminds me Folau:cool:

Payne - Rookie draft
Did u see that game?

I think if 4 clubs invited Payne to the draft camp. .. highly unlikely he will be around to be rookied. But I am sure the list management has him covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back