List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Burton said on radio that the offer Adelaide put to him would make him the second highest paid player at the club - said that if Adelaide matched the offer he is likely to accept that he would be the highest paid player at Adelaide.
Might be something wrong with your club then, Tigers said they where arguing during the Grand Final. Lot of talk in Adelaide that the ORIGINAL offer was under 400k and by some. And you conveniently left out the part of "paying him that money would be irresponsible", SO YOUR CLUB DOES NOT RATE HIM HIGHLY ENOUGH. First and Second TOPS. Heard BT was helping out with negotiations as well.

Last edited:

Let me preface this by saying that I want to keep Wattsy, however what would people think about the following:

Melbourne gets Jake Lever
Essendon gets Jack Watts
Adelaide get Aaron Francis + Pick 10

Is that a fair trade at all or do Essendon need more out of it?

I don't think Watts & Essendon really fit. We also certainly would not give up a player we drafted two years ago for someone who does not specifically fill a need. I think pick 10 alone should get Lever, especially nominating Melbourne.

I don't think Watts & Essendon really fit. We also certainly would not give up a player we drafted two years ago for someone who does not specifically fill a need. I think pick 10 alone should get Lever, especially nominating Melbourne.
IF Watts goes, and it seems as if it is in his court, the best deal for the club would probably be Sydney pick 14 Watts and 27. If he doesn't the best for all would for the man to knuckle down and play/train like a first grade AFL player.

Brett Burton is sounding like the biggest **** head. straight away said Lever is only leaving for money, and saying they'll send him to wherever suits Adelaide best. a) he's out of contract b) Lever has to agree to go wherever Adelaide want to send him so maybe getting him offside by questioning his motives for leaving isnt the smartest thing to do Brett you stupid campaigner.

Brett Burton is sounding like the biggest **** head. straight away said Lever is only leaving for money, and saying they'll send him to wherever suits Adelaide best. a) he's out of contract b) Lever has to agree to go wherever Adelaide want to send him so maybe getting him offside by questioning his motives for leaving isnt the smartest thing to do Brett you stupid campaigner.
I'm wondering if his comments would be the same if they won the flag and Lever was Norm Smith?

It's amazing how Bellamy treats the players that had already announced that they were leaving the Storm. For example, Tohu Harris missed 2/3 of the season through injury and his replacement was doing a great job. Yet Bellamy said after the GF that he knew what Harris had to offer, so gave him every chance.

It also showed how immature Paul Roos was at the time as Sydney coach when he said that he'd never play a player who'd committed to leaving after the season.

Adelaide won't be playing hard ball with Lever's family problems. It's a a real ugly look, like for example if Hogan wanted to go home. it'd look bad publicly to jerk him around

I’m just really happy that someone who is not Lumumba that people have heard of is nominating us.

Every other trade period is about other clubs interesting trade machinations and I honestly thought we would never get an opportunity to troll the draft / trade boards getting drunk and offering JKH and a third rounder. I might mix it up by claiming a reliable source close to someone or other.

Love the reason also choosing Melbourne he said Melbourne are young and exciting to watch. Did he also say if this don't happen he would nominate for the draft? Crows won't let that happen they get nothing then

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy with 1st plus second, but I would go as far as paying 10 + 2018 1st for Lever and 17.

They get 2 firsts, we stay in the first round.

2018 first is really valuable to them because there are a lot of good kids from SA at this stage.

We keep a 1st this year which keeps our age profile grouped.

Im happy with 1st plus second, but I would go as far as paying 10 + 2018 1st for Lever and 17.

They get 2 firsts, we stay in the first round.

2018 first is really valuable to them because there are a lot of good kids from SA at this stage.

We keep a 1st this year which keeps our age profile grouped.
Yeah I think that is as far as we should go as well.

The Ch7 spot also says "Up to $750k/season" ... not the $800-$900k that some people are running with.

I'd be pretty surprised if $750k/season would be the Crows highest paid player ... perhaps they're driving the $800-$900 to save a little face, and also to hide some salary cap concerns they may have.

The Ch7 spot also says "Up to $750k/season" ... not the $800-$900k that some people are running with.

I'd be pretty surprised if $750k/season would be the Crows highest paid player ... perhaps they're driving the $800-$900 to save a little face, and also to hide some salary cap concerns they may have.

They’re on record saying it now. Unless it’s a flat out lie I would suggest there is a small loophole like betts, walker, Jenkins and Sloane are all front ended and majority already paid. You can bet that betts (see that) overall contract was bigger than Lever will get

They’re on record saying it now. Unless it’s a flat out lie I would suggest there is a small loophole like betts, walker, Jenkins and Sloane are all front ended and majority already paid. You can bet that betts (see that) overall contract was bigger than Lever will get
Yeah fair call. It might be something like those you mentioned being front ended a few years ago, and our contract with Lever also being front ended, meaning what he'd be on next year would be their biggest earner.

Was just a thought, given I've read Brian Taylor suggested as some sort of Covert Pro-Victoria Operative today, such musings seemed apt.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back