List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Mornin' Dees, North Melbourne here. I see the Crows are going to play hard ball with Lever.

We have pick 4 and I reckon that alone would get him to Melbourne. We are looking for a ready made starting 18 midfielder. How is Dom Tyson going these days?

Mornin' Dees, North Melbourne here. I see the Crows are going to play hard ball with Lever.

We have pick 4 and I reckon that alone would get him to Melbourne. We are looking for a ready made starting 18 midfielder. How is Dom Tyson going these days?
If that's all it took, we'd do it in a heartbeat. But why would you give up pick 4 for Dom Tyson?

If that's all it took, we'd do it in a heartbeat.

I don't know how it would work out, but I reckon our pick is going to be seriously evaluated by your footy department to get Lever. Maybe Tyson & 27 for pick 4.

Bris & GC won't take a bloke who is leaving to return to Vic, and there hasn't been a murmur from Princes Park.

Pick 4 alone should appease the crows, or you could just take him with that pick in the draft. The Crows would be forced to take the pick. You guys still get to keep pick 10.

But why would you give up pick 4 for Dom Tyson?

He's a good player that has been frozen out of your midfield to some extent by the arrivals of Oliver, Viney & Lewis. Ypur club has tried to play him more as an outside player as a result. He would have upside with the extra midfield exposure he would get at North. He would find another 5 disposals a match in our midfield. What's more, at 24, he fits our "aggressive reset" model. Tyson & 27 for pick 4.

He's a good player that has been frozen out of your midfield to some extent by the arrivals of Oliver, Viney & Lewis. Ypur club has tried to play him more as an outside player as a result. He would have upside with the extra midfield exposure he would get at North. He would find another 5 disposals a match in our midfield. What's more, at 24, he fits our "aggressive reset" model. Tyson & 27 for pick 4.
He might find another 5 disposals but minimum 4 will be clangers

He might find another 5 disposals but minimum 4 will be clangers

The clanger stuff tends to get overrated and he averages less than 1 more a game compared to Lewis & Oliver.

Statistically, he is on a par with Dangerfield. It's just not a big enough issue to kill a deal.

He effectively replaces Ziebell and allows us to play JZ in the forward line.

Yep everything you've said here is spot on. He does his best work at the feet of the ruck and his clangers come when he tries to be too aggressive with his kicking. Tyson and 27 for 4 I'd bite your hand off to be honest because we keep 10 this year and move on a mid we don't REALLY need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk by the crows is just chest out posturing. The deal will get done, if they let him go into the draft rather than taking pick 10 and player or a second rounder itd be worst off for their club in the long run. asking for 2 first rounders.....there dreaming.

Also I got odds 5 to 1 for us make top 4 next season. I know its abit of a dream but for a sneaky $100 it was worth it, I beleive we can do it :laughing:

Yep everything you've said here is spot on. He does his best work at the feet of the ruck and his clangers come when he tries to be too aggressive with his kicking. Tyson and 27 for 4 I'd bite your hand off to be honest because we keep 10 this year and move on a mid we don't REALLY need

It profits both clubs and it takes the "bully" ascendancy away from Adelaide whilst still delivering them fair value with pick 4. If they turn up their noses at that, then just burn them with the pick in the draft.

From a North perspective, we may eventually end up overlooking a better player at pick 4, but it won't be by any great margin, and pick 27 allows us the chance to pick up a reasonable prospect as a back up in the deal.

I think it's a good deal and all clubs & players would benefit.

Adelaide are just flat out being unreasonable by expecting 2 x 1st round picks for Lever.

Mahoney on SEN now:
- We are currently offering a first and second round pick, one of these is a future pick
- Other Vic clubs offered more money
- We are not short changing Adelaide, we feel the offer is very fair

Mahoney on SEN right now just implied Adelaide are being shit whinging in the media. Says club has offered 10+27 and is happy to make one of those a future pick and Adelaide haven't said a thing to the MFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back