List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude but if you reckon next years 2nd rounder is good enough then that sounds good to me.

Also congratz on getting Lever, should boost your club into some finals footy. :thumbsu:

I'm sure we would all love a first but we gotta be realistic. A 2nd, this year or next will get it done.

If we are really lucky though maybe we send Watts and 27 for your first (next years). But I doubt that would happen. It's just absolute best case scenario. You'd be crazy to offer this when you don't need to.

I reckon you've done well. Watts has had 2 very good seasons and I'm sad to see him go, especially under such conditions. He is developing into a great player.

A couple of years ago i kept hearing about how close Port where to their cap and that it would force players out like Hartlett, their list hasn't gone over a major overhaul but they're planning to sign Motlop and Watts after just acquiring Rockcliff

What do we think of Aaron Young? Had an interrupted 2017 but kicked 37 last year, would be a nice little wrinkle as a medium forward.

A couple of years ago i kept hearing about how close Port where to their cap and that it would force players out like Hartlett, their list hasn't gone over a major overhaul but they're planning to sign Motlop and Watts after just acquiring Rockcliff
One reason I've heard is that their player contracts didn't have an automatic increase written into them triggered by the EBA, so they're suddenly flush with cash. Potentially makes things interesting as their existing players go for new contracts though

What do we think of Aaron Young? Had an interrupted 2017 but kicked 37 last year, would be a nice little wrinkle as a medium forward.
Port supporters aren't fans for some reason [bit slow?] but often seems to be in the right place when the ball is loose in front of goals. Gold Coast interested I think. Notice Daniel Robinson looking for out from the Swans but know very little of him myself .

Could be part of a Watts transaction as steak knives, and trust we rehab his form like we did Garlett. Should have a crack imo

Port supporters aren't fans for some reason [bit slow?] but often seems to be in the right place when the ball is loose in front of goals. Gold Coast interested I think. Notice Daniel Robinson looking for out from the Swans but know very little of him myself .
He was great in 2016 as a medium forward but had a poor 2017. He got dropped and dominated in the SANFL in the middle.

Doesn't play in the middle at AFL level because Robbie Gray, Wines, Wingard, Boak, Ebert and Powell-Pepper (And now Rockliff) are all ahead of him.

Too good for SANFL (1 game he had 36 disposals and 5 goals playing as a mid), Should be playing AFL maybe at another club IMO but has been on our list for a while and is 25 in December.

So we'll probs try to shop him around and if a deal can't be done we'll re-sign him on a 1 year deal.

I still think Newton could have developed into that type of role, alas i'm not in charge of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Balic for Pick 46, Trade Watts for 30.

We end up with Lever, Balic, and have picks 28, 30 and 36 in the draft. I'd say thats a pretty good result.

Talk of Port trading Young and 33 to GC for 25 and then on trading 25 for Watts, would give us 25, 28 and 36, even better. 3 picks though in the and gives us a good opportunity to pick some decent talent up.

I'd be keen. Good call.

Also, you're saying 'wrinkle' an awful lot recently. I like it. Keep it up.
PUBG has brought the word defilade right into my vocabulary lately too.

Do you think we need a medium forward? With Harmes, Perracca, Hannan, Bugg, Vandenberg, Melksham, Neal-Bullen, Kent, even Balic can play as a medium forward.

Once we get Balic we have 3 spots left. Pick 28, Watts pick 30? And pick 36.

The choice is Young or 36? Would you trade 36 for Young?

We could package 30 and 36 for and early pick in the 20's and then take Young, I think we are well stocked for medium forwards and think we could use 30 and 36 on different roles.

Do you think we need a medium forward? With Harmes, Perracca, Hannan, Bugg, Vandenberg, Melksham, Neal-Bullen, Kent, even Balic can play as a medium forward.

Once we get Balic we have 3 spots left. Pick 28, Watts pick 30? And pick 36.

The choice is Young or 36? Would you trade 36 for Young?

We could package 30 and 36 for and early pick in the 20's and then take Young, I think we are well stocked for medium forwards and think we could use 30 and 36 on different roles.

Just some trading news boys- Rhys Stanley will be traded to the Gold Coast as part of the Ablett trade.

Is Aaron Mullett worth a look as a mature rookie? Pacy half back who can break lines. 25yo.

I worry about our speed from defence if Hunt gets injured and Mullett might be worth having as back-up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit concerning that Norf have jettisoned him, but then again, they seem to be taking no prisoners with their rebuild (Gibson must feel bloody unfortunate). May or may not be an upgrade on Wagner.

If we get Balic for Pick 46, Trade Watts for 30.

We end up with Lever, Balic, and have picks 28, 30 and 36 in the draft. I'd say thats a pretty good result.

Talk of Port trading Young and 33 to GC for 25 and then on trading 25 for Watts, would give us 25, 28 and 36, even better. 3 picks though in the and gives us a good opportunity to pick some decent talent up.
If we lose Watts and gain Balic, do we only draft 2 players and upgrade Smith? If so kinda makes the second rounder we got from crows redundant. Unless we trade for. Future pick.

If we lose Watts and gain Balic, do we only draft 2 players and upgrade Smith? If so kinda makes the second rounder we got from crows redundant. Unless we trade for. Future pick.
I was counting Smith as already upgraded so we still need to draft 3 players.

If we end up with three 2nd round picks, I want to see us draft one smallforward who is quick and also a couple of outside runners with decent footskills. These are two areas we have to address. Will need a decent back up ruck at some stage as well as I'm really not sure King and Flip are the answers. Next season will need to see marked improvement from those two.

If we end up with three 2nd round picks, I want to see us draft one smallforward who is quick and also a couple of outside runners with decent footskills. These are two areas we have to address. Will need a decent back up ruck at some stage as well as I'm really not sure King and Flip are the answers. Next season will need to see marked improvement from those two.
More likely to draft a quick midfielder who can learn to play forward than a career small forward IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade and Free Agency Discussion - #Leverpulled and #Harleyrevved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back