List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stephenson isssue is very interesting. I understand it to be Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome (WPWS) can anybody confirm this? If this is the case and he fits the following criteria I would have no hesitation in grabbing him if other clubs are hesitant (The evenness of those top 8-10 picks means they might not want to take the risk).

-Has been diagnosed due to family history or at a young age.
-is stable on medications (Does not experience symptoms whilst pushing himself 100% and medication has not changed within the last couple of years in terms of type and dosage).
-is cleared by cardiologist

If he can tick these boxes then he could be an absolute steal. The risk of complications would be extremely low (conservative estimate he is likely <5% risk of complications although this is more likely to be <1%).

I am fast losing any desire to go tall at 13.

I think we can cope with a number of options falling to 13 and one will be there. It is sounding that Clark will be off the board so time to reshape.

There is some noise about us taking Stoddart (hopefully with our 4th or 5th pick), no surprise that Rohan O'Brien has been an admirer or Lochie O'Brien, some noise that Worpel has had interviews, some noise that Higgins may slide to us and we are interested, some new whispers that Coffield is a chance.

What we do know is that we want to prioritise mids, we need a small forward (or mid that does damage up front) and looking at our list, I could handle us taking an elite kicking/decision-making HBF that may only be that but may have Pendlebury like midfield potential.

We know that we have publicly stated we are looking at some more mature recruits. We already have the Sneezer, are the other options Kelly, Banfield and Schloithe? They would all fit the bill. Ryan is a notable absence for me. With the priority being midfield, I am excluding Starvevich inside our first 5 picks (he will be gone before 69) because I am not sure that he will make it as a midfielder and his low production says no to a second round.

Here are some scenarios that I would like to be seeing. Note - names are indicative but the suite of selections that we have on Friday. Each line reads as a set of draftees that would fit the requirement that I see. I stress the names start to be fluid after 21 as do their positions. That means we have great flexibility and will need to be thinking fast.

upload_2017-11-20_21-43-47.png

Last edited:

I think we can cope with a number of options falling to 13 and one will be there. It is sounding that Clark will be off the board so time to reshapre.

There is some noise about us taking Stoddart (hopefully with our 4th or 5th pick), no surprise that Rohan O'Brien has been an admirer or Lochie O'Brien, some noise that Worpel has had interviews, some noise that Higgins may slide to us and we are interested, some new whispers that Coffield is a chance.

What we do know is that we want to prioritise mids, we need a small forward (or mid that does damage up front) and looking at our list, I could handle us taking an elite kicking/decision-making HBF that may only be that but may have Pendlebury like midfield potential.

We know that we have publicly stated we are looking at some more mature recruits. We already have the Sneezer, are the other options Kelly, Banfield and Schloithe? They would all fit the bill. Ryan is a notable absence for me. With the priority being midfield, I am excluding Starvevich inside our first 5 picks (he will be gone before 69) because I am not sure that he will make it as a midfielder and his low production says no to a second round.

Here are some scenarios that I would like to be seeing. Note - names are indicative but the suite of selections that we have on Friday. Each line reads as a set of draftees that would fit the requirement that I see. I stress the names start to be fluid after 21 as do their positions. That means we have great flexibility and will need to be thinking fast.

View attachment 438828
any chance of getting bonar at 69?

Looks like O'Brien is going to go to the Blues at 10
Then something really good slips through to us. Blues were seen as a fall back to take D Fogarty and if for any reason he slips passed 11, Adelaide will grab him. Is that Bonar, or Higgins, or Stephenson, or Coffield ......... (sadly the odds are not great that it is Clark)

We need to be keeping an open mind and I am expecting Rawlings to come of age. I think he might just do it. (Please let me be correct in my confidence because our Vozzo/O'Brien team just did not have it.)

If his heart is fine, 13 is a steal.

If his heart is fine, he won't be there at 13.

Paradox.
If there are 10 players ranked roughly similar in talent and Stephenson is deemed a slight risk Then it only takes a couple clubs reaching for talls for him to reach us

Then something really good slips through to us. Blues were seen as a fall back to take D Fogarty and if for any reason he slips passed 11, Adelaide will grab him. Is that Bonar, or Higgins, or Stephenson, or Coffield ......... (sadly the odds are not great that it is Clark)

We need to be keeping an open mind and I am expecting Rawlings to come of age. I think he might just do it. (Please let me be correct in my confidence because our Vozzo/O'Brien team just did not have it.)
The word i am getting from a few decent sources sees the following top 12: Rayner, LDU, Dow, Brayshaw, Cerra, Murphy, Coffield, Clark, Naughton/Bonar, O'Brien, Richards, Fogerty.

That leaves Stephenson, Higgins, Bonar/Naughton LFogerty potentially available now that would be a great choice to have. No guarantees obviously this draft has more new whispers each day its not funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can cope with a number of options falling to 13 and one will be there. It is sounding that Clark will be off the board so time to reshape.

View attachment 438828

You have Kelly twice at 21, Worpel twice at 32, and Banfield twice at 69.

I genuinely suspect that if Stephenson is available to us at 13 we will pass on him. It's all about foostkills since Simpson entered the fold.

View attachment 438828
Kelly twice at 21..

I really like how you have made a balanced list. I have the view (probably incorrectly) that we shouldn't draft anybody that is weak in a contest. We want guys who will win us finals. Therefore, Am I stupid for not wanting Obrien? It's not glamorous by any means but Id be quite happy reaching for the best balanced player still available at 13 (probably L Fogarty). After that I'd prioritise as many contested players as possible with 21,26,32 this being bailey, Kelly, worpel and spargo. Even if the club reached for a bailey at 13 I don't think I'd be dissapointed. Then at 37 grab a tall , 69 brayshaw and bobs your aunty. These young worriers would tackle their hearts out and actually give us a chance come 2019. Getting Allen , obrien and stoddart with their elite disposal and corralling techniques does not balance the gaff/masten types we already have on the list. We need some animals. Am I just too uneducated?

O'Brien getting seriously underated by this board imo. The best kick in the draft great pace and line breaking ability think Issac Smith. He is a poor contested player though and thats the worry but if he had it all he would go top 3. If Clark, Higgins, Bonar, Coffield are gone then i reckon he is a good choice

Also, just saw this on Twitter, could be a few more sliders than we were expecting coming our way. Hopefully we’re not just set on that Allen Campaigner.

EDIT: Has anyone sorted out that tent and a few sexual partners for big boi Hunter yet?

Also, just saw this on Twitter, could be a few more sliders than we were expecting coming our way. Hopefully we’re not just set on that Allen Campaigner.

EDIT: Has anyone sorted out that tent and a few sexual partners for big boi Hunter yet?

That'd be dope. O'Brien at 10 and LFogarty at 11 would be a nice boost.

Good call from twomey. Wouldnt surprise me to see them reach for a tough nut

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back