List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

More like 32.

If we took Allen at 13 and Hayes at 21 this site would implode!!

If we then took a couple of half backs it would be like Lemings jumping off a cliff one after the other......oh my!:D:D

We would have a Kennedy and NN replacement 4 years down the track however. We won’t be competing for a flag anytime soon. This would be highly unlikely but the eagles recruiting staff give me absolutely no confidence

How about this kid as one of our last picks for a project ruckman.

There is a video but you have to find his name at the end of the draft machine list.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-machine

View attachment 439140
i actually have faith in us turning him into a decent player at least. one area we do right. At 208cm he'll take a while to develop and i think we kinda need a player like that as well.

Also he's 3 cm of Sandi and at 19 could have a bit of growth left in him as well.

Well to be fair that's something that could be said for nearly every forward ever...

BUT as a matter of fact....Subi only lost 3 games for the year. In two of those losses he kicked 3 goals in each, one being the 2nd Semi. In the Prelim final he had 20 touches and 2 goals. He has a quiet GF with two AFL trained defenders almost solely tasked with stopping him, and in the rain, and he's a downhill skier?

Seems a harsh call imo

I'm talking about specific games, even games where he's gone on to dominate at stages. The general stats don't interest me so much because every player has quite games, the issues i'm talking about are more playing style related than anything else. Hill is very much in the Josh Hill mold and needs the ball kicked to him and as such Ryan has been playing more or less as a full forward for Subiaco. He'll need to earn his keep defensively, work for others, play second or third fiddle when it comes to being the target and crumb more goals.

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind Ryan, but wouldn't use a pick in the top two rounds and would only entertain him with our last second round pick because we have so many of the damn things.

Last edited:
i actually have faith in us turning him into a decent player at least. one area we do right. At 208cm he'll take a while to develop and i think we kinda need a player like that as well.

Also he's 3 cm of Sandi and at 19 could have a bit of growth left in him as well.
Exactly what I thought.

He won't be ready for a few years which is perfect for our list. With Nic Nat, Lycett and Vardy, hopefully we won't need another ruckman for a while.

Exactly what I thought.

He won't be ready for a few years which is perfect for our list. With Nic Nat, Lycett and Vardy, hopefully we won't need another ruckman for a while.
Seems like he can play forward as well so thats a plus as well. IMO game is going away from teams with two genuine ruckmen and the second ruckmen has to be more than decent up forward. Hopefully he can actually get his forward craft to a decent level, cause at that height there's not too many players that would be able to match him in the air.

Seems like he can play forward as well so thats a plus as well. IMO game is going away from teams with two genuine ruckmen and the second ruckmen has to be more than decent up forward. Hopefully he can actually get his forward craft to a decent level, cause at that height there's not too many players that would be able to match him in the air.
He can take a grab and in the combine he was in the top 10 kicking list. Equal 2nd. Got plenty to work with, especially at 208cm.

Kicking test (score out of 30)
Connor Ballenden 30
Jack Higgins 29
Angus Schumacher 29
Jack Payne 29
Hayden McLean 29
Jackson Ross 29
Ned Reeves 29
Jordan Houlahan 28
Hunter Clark 28
Lloyd Meek 28

He can take a grab and in the combine he was in the top 10 kicking list. Equal 2nd. Got plenty to work with, especially at 208cm.

Kicking test (score out of 30)
Connor Ballenden 30
Jack Higgins 29
Angus Schumacher 29
Jack Payne 29
Hayden McLean 29
Jackson Ross 29
Ned Reeves 29
Jordan Houlahan 28
Hunter Clark 28
Lloyd Meek 28
agility and mobility is what will determine him making it to be honest. The lumbering tall is a dieing breed. Mason cox, Gawn and lobb are very agil and mobile for players above the 205cm.

The 202cm 104kg Llyod Meek also did pretty well there.

agility and mobility is what will determine him making it to be honest. The lumbering tall is a dieing breed. Mason cox, Gawn and lobb are very agil and mobile for players above the 205cm.

The 202cm 104kg Llyod Meek also did pretty well there.
And they need to know how to play the game as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of off topic but I'm interested to see what happens with Balta.

In the past these very athletic and quite tall guys with a bad game sense have dropped in the draft. I wonder if it happens to him.

Johnathan Marsh and David Gourdis, for example, both ended up rookie picks.

Can anyone think of another ultra-athletic tall who was a bit of a headless chook? I feel like I'm missing an obvious counter-example. Alex Rance, maybe?

Kind of off topic but I'm interested to see what happens with Balta.

In the past these very athletic and quite tall guys with a bad game sense have dropped in the draft. I wonder if it happens to him.

Johnathan Marsh and David Gourdis, for example, both ended up rookie picks.

Can anyone think of another ultra-athletic tall who was a bit of a headless chook? I feel like I'm missing an obvious counter-example. Alex Rance, maybe?
You'd think he will go somewhere in the late 1st early 2nd. I think he ends up at Richmond with 17 or 20.

There are 2 schools of thought with him- some don't see him as having any footy nous, others that think once fully fit & settled he will be a good footballer & see him as being underrated in this draft.

Given his athletic capability- I could see him at worst turning into a Talia type: dour defender who may get the ball 4 times a match but shuts a key tall out of the match.

I wouldn't want him at 13 or 21, but if he was still around at 26 I would not necessarily be unhappy if he was our tall we picked this year.

Im not sure if has been mentioned on here yet, but I think Nathan Murphy is a good chance to be your first pick. He is quick and skilful with the attributes to be a terrific outside mid after a few years development. You'd have to be looking at Bonar if he was available too.

Is BOND007 usually unsighted in till after the drafts does anyone know?
He or she prefers to wait until there is something to say that is vaguely general but ultimately unverifiable.

You could try consulting your horoscope until they arrive instead?

Im not sure if has been mentioned on here yet, but I think Nathan Murphy is a good chance to be your first pick.
I was thinking this yesterday actually - wouldn't surprise me if we called out his name and no one here would have suspected it, just like Venables last year.

Im not sure if has been mentioned on here yet, but I think Nathan Murphy is a good chance to be your first pick. He is quick and skilful with the attributes to be a terrific outside mid after a few years development. You'd have to be looking at Bonar if he was available too.
Another 3rd tall type player... I sure hope not

Twomeys final order comes out today so that may give us a better idea what's going on. I don't think he's overly confident this year of getting it accurate. I get the feeling most clubs are still not 100% themselves of their final order.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back