List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be an Ash Smith clone, super quick but no feel for the game.

The only upside, as has been mentioned earlier , we now have a good chance of performing well in the Grand Final sprint.

That is a horribly naive statement - his clearance/contested ball numbers in TAC tell you everything you need to know.

I'm sorry but that was an absolute ****ing shit show. I mean no disrespect to the boys drafted and I wish them all the best, but that was the exact opposite of what we need. For a club that has had some of the best midfields and midfielders in the history of the game, our overrating of our current crop is baffling. We needed top midfield talent and we picked up three forwards in our first three picks. What a ****ing joke!
We may need to look at replacing JPK in the future but Richmond & Western Bulldogs showed you can win a premiership without dominant forwards when you have good midfielders and pressure all over the ground.

We almost won two premierships ourselves with the best midfield in the business and average forwards, and yet we seem to have completely forgotten this is what wins games. You control the midfield you win more games than you lose. What the **** is going on at this club? We overrated our list last year and kept playing old guys that were past it instead of blooding younger players to see who was worth keeping on our list, and thereby missing out on top mid talent by starting lower in the draft, and then we draft more forwards.

I will support anyone who pulls on the jumper for our club, but my already serious lack of faith in the direction our club is heading has only been reinforced by today's drafting. Not looking forward to next season now at all.

I actually like it overall.
Brander looks good as a JK replacement, great hands and natural at leading to the right spots.
Allen I can actually see in a tall wingman HFF role like WHE played for Collingwood this year but with better marking ability and play CHF too to make a very hard matchup
Ryan is obvious. Gives us a bomb it in target plus crumbling
Ainsworth and Petrucille I really like. Ainsworth looks ready to go pretty soon and if I remember correctly Petrucille only moved over from basketball a couple of years back? Just looks like a guy with a massive ceiling to me who will play taller than his height.
Don't know a lot about Brayshaw...
But a 2021 fwd line of the following would be bloody hard to match up on plus have pace and versatility with players being able to play up a wing on have mid minutes
Rioli, Brander, Ryan
Allen, Darling, Waterman

the only ones shocked by the selections will be the ones who base their decision on 3 minute highlight packages and information from so called media scribes and their "mock drafts"

trust your club, they smashed this
I'd suggest it'd be the ones (virtually every one on the planet besides our recruitment team) who thought we needed to improve our midfield and so should have drafted some decent midfielders with our early picks. But hey, who am I to judge? I mean our recruiting in the last 10 years has showered us in premierships so I guess I should just stick to trusting the club.

I still think we drafted ok, biggest mistake was not picking higgins over brander imo given our needs.

To be fair most of the other gun mids were off the board. Only explanation is they see oscar allen as a future midfielder, and brander as a potential steal as the best ranked KPP in the draft with naughton.

Cant wait to see ryan and rioli roving at kennedy’s feet

Petrucelle looks a lot better overhead than Ash Smith ever was, from his videos. He did mention himself that he has to improve his knowledge of the game though - which ain't great news
Well, he's been mostly a basketball player growing up, it's not much surprise that his skills and feel for the game are subpar. Hopefully he can make good progress in those areas now that he's a full time footballer. He certainly has the athletic attributes (speed, vertical leap, acceleration) that can't be taught.

the only ones shocked by the selections will be the ones who base their decision on 3 minute highlight packages and information from so called media scribes and their "mock drafts"

The picks are of high quality, but they didn't pick for our needs. We simply do not need key forwards let alone two. Brander will have to go back. Ryan massive stretch and everyone super pissed off about Gorter selection last year when we could've rookied him. Ainsworth over Worpel. Petra a massive project player, maybe a full time footy environment will help him become elite.
Our last pick was our best IMO, watched Brayshaw play at sandy this year and he flew under the radar. Absolute jet, that redeemed some what my draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen looks the same if not taller than Brander in that side by side picture. If he has grown to 195cm or so we might have our KPF stocks sorted for the next 10-12 years. Plenty of drafts in that time to fix the midfield. Hopefully we'll look back on picking up this combination like the Hawks do when they think back to drafting Buddy and Roughy (incredibly wishful thinking I know :p)

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad that Ainsworth has some fans out there. Hope you're right and that he ends up being a player. For what it's worth I think you guys did great too.

Interesting, three All Australian Under 18 players in our draft (Brander, Allen and Ainsworth). Still a bit surprised that we went for two tall forwards first up.

We almost won two premierships ourselves with the best midfield in the business and average forwards, and yet we seem to have completely forgotten this is what wins games. You control the midfield you win more games than you lose. What the **** is going on at this club? We overrated our list last year and kept playing old guys that were past it instead of blooding younger players to see who was worth keeping on our list, and thereby missing out on top mid talent by starting lower in the draft, and then we draft more forwards.

To be fair we aint going to get a Ben Cousins/Kerr/Judd/Cox caliber player at pick 13 and also we haven't seen a midfield like that since at any club, that midfield indeed did carry but look at the level they were at... impossible to replicate basically 3 brownlow medalist midfielders lol..

Prediction- A supposed top 10 will slide and we will ignore them then this joint will go into meltdown

Yeah, I'm like WTF but I've haven't seen many of these kids play footy. Benefit of the doubt BUT there will be massive unrest if after trading away a first round draft pick we loaded up on duds.

The picks are of high quality, but they didn't pick for our needs. We simply do not need key forwards let alone two. Brander will have to go back. Ryan massive stretch and everyone super pissed off about Gorter selection last year when we could've rookied him. Ainsworth over Worpel. Petra a massive project player, maybe a full time footy environment will help him become elite.
Our last pick was our best IMO, watched Brayshaw play at sandy this year and he flew under the radar. Absolute jet, that redeemed some what my draft.
What can you tell us about Brayshaw? Strengths weaknesses etc

Very few words on each selection

Brander - Bad idea, isn't what we need, won't play for 3 seasons, passed on Higgins :crossmark:

Allen - Don't mind, acknowledge the talent but he isn't a midfielder so once again not what we need :heavycheck:

Ryan - over reached, big question marks on whether he will be able to handle AFL let alone provide the pressure of a "small forward" :heavymultiply:

Ainsworth - Oh cool finally a mid, bit wait for it... slow and small and reached again. No Constable, Hayden or Worpel? Seriously :heavymultiply:

Petrucelle - Sweet after just extracting absolutely nothing out of a clearly talented Lamb, we've got a raw speedy player who's inconsistent and has no set position. Speculative pick and not what we should have been doing. Where does he play exactly? Could have had Worpel, Ballard, Houlahan or Miers :heavymultiply:

Brayshaw - FINALLY we make a solid midfield selection. Big bodied, tough and talented. Play this campaigner in round 1 :heavycheck:

Misc - Passing on Banfield, Garlett and Sambono :heavymultiply:

Overall the gloss has been completely taken off what had been an exciting offseason so far. Really not feeling great about it 4/10 :crossmark:

To be fair we aint going to get a Ben Cousins/Kerr/Judd/Cox caliber player at pick 13 and also we haven't seen a midfield like that since at any club, that midfield indeed did carry but look at the level they were at... impossible to replicate basically 3 brownlow medalist midfielders lol..
Higgins has some pretty good midfield potential imo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back