List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Not tall, not big and is more a small forward rather than a mid. Was the 12th ranked non kp player selected.

Instead we picked the highest ranked ko foward in the draft.
Why do midfielders need to be big and tall though? Plenty of smaller mids around who play in the middle and do well. I think he'll end up a midfielder who rotates through the forward line (like many midfielders not named Matt) and kicks the odd bag of goals. My belief is that he'll be a very good AFL player.
I've said about 10 times that I understand why we picked Brander, I just disagree with the strategy and would have picked Higgins. I'm sure there were people within our own recruiting team who had different opinions on who we should have picked throughout the draft.

I didn't buy anything up.

Go rekindle the endless pointless debate on the Priddis thread.
Buddy - YOU STARTED IT.

If you dont post bullshit.

Ill find it easy not to correct you

You clearly stated that the only reason priddis was being run off defensively was that he was cooked last year.

You are rewriting history.

Dont post shiite and you wont get called.

Dont deflect - just man up and say - yeah well i stretched the truth and i got called - fair enough ill put my hand up.

Getting Allen at 21 illustrates why we were happy to trade out next years first round for GCs second.

If (big if) both clubs finish around the same spot we get pick 21 and give up 13. Given we were expected by many to take Allen at 13 this year, it shows there potentially can be little difference between the picks.

Regarding the draft itself I really wanted Kelly but other than that I’m happy.

We’ve got guys who will be pushing for selection next year. Liam Ryan has huge potential. Look at the impact Anthony Tippa has had at Essendon. Or remember when Freo selected Ballantine (another large goal kicker at WAFL level) as an early pick. Both came in and impacted early in their career.

Brander is quality, men of his size and agility who can kick and have footy smarts are absolute gold.

Getting Allen at 21 illustrates why we were happy to trade out next years first round for GCs second.

If (big if) both clubs finish around the same spot we get pick 21 and give up 13. Given we were expected by many to take Allen at 13 this year, it shows there potentially can be little difference between the picks.

Regarding the draft itself I really wanted Kelly but other than that I’m happy.

We’ve got guys who will be pushing for selection next year. Liam Ryan has huge potential. Look at the impact Anthony Tippa has had at Essendon. Or remember when Freo selected Ballantine (another large goal kicker at WAFL level) as an early pick. Both came in and impacted early in their career.

Brander is quality, men of his size and agility who can kick and have footy smarts are absolute gold.

Yes key position wise we are okay so....we can load up on midfielders next season in a supposedly super draft which is good but there is more we picked up three mids this draft plus a few in tomorrows rookie draft , all up not too bad a situation .

With talk of Ryan & Rioli being small forward do we think they'll be used as that or midfielders occasionally in the 50. If the former does that mean we continue to use Cripps & Lecras continue to be used as they have been i.e. midfielders?

Maybe Ryan gets used more up the ground but I suspect Rioli wouldn't.
I think one of Lecras or Cripps will have to give way. Really should be Lecras as his age means he probably only has this year left.

I think one of Lecras or Cripps will have to give way. Really should be Lecras as his age means he probably only has this year left.
If lecras was a horse hed have been taken down the back paddock with a shotty a year ago

FKASC kranky al lets all love one another :)
fpdnw.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what if Kennedy goes down again next year like he did this year. Petrie has now gone and Jack is not a FF so we need some backup. In the event we are unlucky to have this happen again, whether Brander will be AFL ready will be the question of course. I know there is also Waterman but is he more a CHF or 3rd forward? Anyway let's hope it doesn't happen then we won't have to worry for the time being!

Waterman is a more potent forward than McInnes all together.

East Perth's forward line.

Oallen - Mallen - Waterman
McInnes - Brander - Lecras

Lets hope the ball doesn't hit the deck.
Mcinnis probably rucks along side Vardy now that giles and jones are no longer there.

Petrecullie at HFF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back