2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No he's not. He's a key position defender who is 21. He is top 2 in both intercept possessions and intercept marks. He's already very very good and will be a multiple AA

Two first round picks for a third tall is a win for Adelaide. Especially considering their drafting record. Lever isn’t a star lockdown player, and given he’s been playing in one of the best teams in the league and I’d be interested to see how much improvement he has left in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why would he wait?
If club and player were comfortable as to his value to the team and him being a strong chance of playing each year, they would have put a decent $$ package together for another 2 or 3 years.

Mountford is young and still yet to be considered in North's best 22 so he is likely to get a package that is lowish and hence no desire to commit longer term.

I understand he was a first round pick in 2014 and is only 21 years old but is Jake Lever really worth two first round picks? Admittedly I haven’t watched him closely - all I remember him doing are: standing in the goal square looking dumbfounded (no shame in this as it was his first year in AFL) after one of our players kicked a goal in that match against Adelaide after Phil Walsh’s death and of course that turn over which resulted in Jetta’s goal this year.

If club and player were comfortable as to his value to the team and him being a strong chance of playing each year, they would have put a decent $$ package together for another 2 or 3 years.

Mountford is young and still yet to be considered in North's best 22 so he is likely to get a package that is lowish and hence no desire to commit longer term.
Agreed. I think it is a little strange that after 12 games this season they still only offer him one year. If anything you would think 2 at an average salary.

Well lets see how he does at the Dees! Talia is a very underrated defender i think he lets Leaver take all those intercepts marks. Not saying he isn't a good player but giving up the farm for a defender is massive... The Crows have two first rounders this year and two next year ... a very good position to be in for a team who made the GF...
I reckon Talia is overrated. Very one dimensional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His best wasn't ever that great nor was it ever consistent. He was consistently OK, but never great for any substantial period of time
I'm not a big fan of Masto but this is revisionist history.
In 2013 he was widely considered to be our best performing midfielder, evidenced by the fact that he finished 3rd in this board's votes for player of the year (beaten by Kennedy and Mackenzie, who played more games than Masten). Vote count here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-wce-player-of-the-year-2013-the-countdown-now-into-the-top-3.1035499/

He was also a popular pick for the best and fairest on this board too: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-fairest-predictions.1031136/

Granted, that was his only great season, but his best is actually pretty bloody good.

I'm not a big fan of Masto but this is revisionist history.
In 2013 he was widely considered to be our best performing midfielder, evidenced by the fact that he finished 3rd in this board's votes for player of the year (beaten by Kennedy and Mackenzie, who played more games than Masten). Vote count here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-wce-player-of-the-year-2013-the-countdown-now-into-the-top-3.1035499/

He was also a popular pick for the best and fairest on this board too: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-fairest-predictions.1031136/

Granted, that was his only great season, but his best is actually pretty bloody good.
Was that when Woosha was still coach - perhaps Simmo just can't get the best out of Masten for whatever reason?

Masten did have a more inside role that year and did pretty well actually. Maybe it was him being let off the chain more because in 2013 Gaff & Shuey were well held in most games.

No he didn’t do well. He got dropped for doing well?

There is no improvement in him. He is at a age where it’s performance and not potential. But what u see is what you get.

Masten isn’t fast, or a exceptional kick, nor a goal kicker, not a high possession mid. One of those in between players but he needs something to hang his hat on. Doesn’t help that we have many tweeners on the team. U can only have so many.

No he didn’t do well. He got dropped for doing well?

There is no improvement in him. He is at a age where it’s performance and not potential. But what u see is what you get.

Masten isn’t fast, or a exceptional kick, nor a goal kicker, not a high possession mid. One of those in between players but he needs something to hang his hat on. Doesn’t help that we have many tweeners on the team. U can only have so many.

Talking about in 2013... He didn't get dropped that year. Personally i thought his best years were in 2012 as a HFF and then in 2015 on a wing.

One thing that makes furious is him getting holding the ball 2-3 times a game which is worse than a crappy kick...

From listening to Rawlings it sounded like they might try and move into the top ten. Granted, it didn't sound like they would try particularly hard but it'd be great if we somehow did manage to get back into the ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back