List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we need outside run the most but we suck in the clinches,
We don't suck. We've won the clearances for each of the last 5 weeks, including against the midfield's of GWS, Sydney and WB and there is vast improvement possible for the likes of Steele, Acres and Gresham in this area going forward and Koby could easily enough improve further in this area with more experience and exposure there. Then there's the unknown of Armo.

I'd be fine with us landing Rocky as long as we got a Kelly/Whitfield to compliment him, but I'd also be OK with us prioritising other things, like speed/run and carry and skill.

I've said it on this board and privately to those that have asked, I have a feeling Kelly stays but if he leaves I believe he will be a Saint.
There's so many better opinions than Brian Waldron in the media too.

Waldron always talks up his northern spy who must be a GWS contact who gives pretty good info. He might not be inner sanctum at the Saints but he gets pretty good mail and shares it pretty readily.

Disagree. We dont suck there. Our inside mids are fine. Get them with a Kelly or Freeman on the outside and our mids are off to the races.

Like the backline, the injection of class (Carlisle) and a Gorilla (Brown) has made Roberton and Webster dangerous attacking weapons off half back.

Imagine how much better Steven or Steele can get with Kelly in their midsts.

Also remember we have a tonne of improvement in our mids. Steele 20+ only games, Ross still learning, Koby can still improve.

Acres has heaps of potential and still limited games. Billings should get more mid time ad he improves.

To just say "they suck" belies the fact they are still developing.

Kelly or a Whitfield will help tjat immensely. Rockliff, not so much.

Couldn't agree more!

Jack Steven has come out in the last 24 hours admitting he battled from the tag in the last two weeks. He IS the only real outside runner we have. We desperately need not only one but imho two more to help him/us. Jelly would be awesome, i think Whitfield too. If not, someone of the type. Backmen we're close, forward too. Quality midfielders should be our primary concern. Do not past go, do not collect $200.

Whitfield contracted would cost 2 firsts no question.
Anything less and gws do what carlton did with bryce last year- no deal.

The same thing we would do if someone offered us 1 first rounder for gresh... laugh and walk away.

Unless they want to clear cap space to keep kids like Kelly and Hopper at the club. Whitfield has just served a suspension and by all reports doesn't love the club's handling of it. They might be happy to part ways in a mutually beneficial move.

What do you consider Jack Newnes to be?

Yeah he's purely wing the last couple of years but people see him as a small back still. He does everything so cleanly and to a high standard but still doesn't get noticed. Probably close to our most important player to me. We looked shit once he got taken out.

Yeah he's purely wing the last couple of years but people see him as a small back still. He does everything so cleanly and to a high standard but still doesn't get noticed. Probably close to our most important player to me. We looked shit once he got taken out.

Him and Webster out killed us.

They should have played Rice. Savage is a poor footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres would have to be considered outside mid atm as well. He's essentially playing the Riewoldt-wing role

Same case as newnes, not centre square.

The issue we are trying to fix by getting a dusty/kelly/whitfield is balancing out the centre square rotations mix.
Armo ross stevens dunstan steele steven

Pick the odd one out?
Of course steven gets sat on.

The club clearly hoped guys like billings savage freeman would become mids to get the balance right.
That hasn't happened, so here we are throwing squillions at dusty and jelly

Last edited:
Unless they want to clear cap space to keep kids like Kelly and Hopper at the club. Whitfield has just served a suspension and by all reports doesn't love the club's handling of it. They might be happy to part ways in a mutually beneficial move.

I know that to be completely untrue. The handling of the issue that is.

The issue we are trying to fix by getting a dusty/kelly/whitfield is balancing out the centre square rotations mix.
Armo ross dunstan steele steven

Pick the odd one out?
We need more inside and outside, wouldn't count on to much output in the future from Armo and Dunstan

Acres will be an elite inside player once he matures as long as he's actually given opportunities to play the role.

If you know that I'm sure the coach knows that. Unfortunately the game isn't as simple as playing him in that role. He can play elsewhere. Others in the middle cant so he is stuck where he is until others get replaced by outside run.

Armo ross dunstan steele steven

Pick the odd one out?

The club clearly hoped guys like billings savage freeman would become mids to get the balance right.
That hasn't happened, so here we are throwing squillions at dusty and jelly

Agree.

To play that first receiver type role you need to be quick. Webster, Mckenzie, Freeman quick. Are we developing players that have the attributes req in that role?

Acres will be an elite inside player once he matures as long as he's actually given opportunities to play the role.

Could you send Richo an email with the suggestion...courtesy of the BF board and Acres fan club?
;)

Agree.

To play that first receiver type role you need to be quick. Webster, Mckenzie, Freeman quick. Are we developing players that have the attributes req in that role?

Gresh certainly.
Mckenzie seemed to get midfield opportunities during preseason, him too.
That's about it I'd say, but I'm no vfl aficionado so i can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back