List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Sam Landsberger we aren't interested in Schache.

Lions now have 1, 12, 18 & 19 (Rocky compo).

Another pick for Schache may be no interest for them. Let's become interested again and trade Miles and Lennon and leave it at that.

Both easily in their best 22.

According to Sam Landsberger we aren't interested in Schache.

Lions now have 1, 12, 18 & 19 (Rocky compo).

Another pick for Schache may be no interest for them. Let's become interested again and trade Miles and Lennon and leave it at that.

Both easily in their best 22.
I dont think we will trade Miles.
We wont have such a good run with injuries again next year

One of those twitter trade jokers reckons Miles joining the suns on a three year deal, in exchange for pick 38. Sounds about the right pick for him. :smirk:

Same joker also reckons we approached the saints to trade pick 7 for 15 and 17. o_O I think they would need to throw in pick 44 to even up the points. :smilecat:

Can't understand why we aren't jumping at Schache for pick 15. 2 years ago the bloke went at pick 2 with Brisbane claiming they would've taken him with pick 1 over Weitering if they'd had it (yes I know the go home factor due to his dad wasn't as much for Schache which plays into it but still somewhat relevant). He proceeded to dominate his first pre season against an experienced defender in Merret to the point where Rockliff claimed he wouldn't have any qualms with Brisbane signing him up to a 10 year contract. He then started his first season solidly ending up with about a goal a game average from his 17 games before he eventually mothballed due to fatigue having been hammered as the number 1 key fwd in the worst team in the league. Quite literally laughable Brisbane put him through that. No wonder he went backwards this year, he was physically and mentally battered from the ridiculous position Brisbane had put him through in his first year, added to that home sickness stresses. End of the day clearly he has been managed terribly in his first 2 seasons which can go some way to explaining his poor form.

Now of course he isn't without fault, He clearly hasn't pushed through the hard times as hard as he possibly could have. This for mine is a by-product of being at the lions who tolerate more than what we-Richmond would. We can change this kids behaviours and attitudes very quickly IMO.

From a purely playing perspective we know we are getting a key fwd with huge potential-a long term position we clearly need to address with Jack getting on and Griff being Griff. I'd hate to go to the draft this year and miss out on all the key fwds rooting us for the long term future. We need to get one in now while Jack still has a chance to mentor him. What's more Schache will be 21 and hopefully have about 40-45 seinor games under his belt by the time of finals next year (assuming which we should that we make it). He will actually be able to help us by finals next year if everything goes to plan. Furthermore we have a genuine replacement for Jack if God help us he went down mid year, who by now is physically ready to compete against the big key defenders after 3 pre seasons in the league. Moore and Chol aren't gonna cut it and any key fwd we pick up with pick 15 wouldn't be ready either. We would be left with Griff as our only option whilst we are right, cherry ripe in our premiership window.

It's just a no brainer for mine if we have the cap space, which we mightn't with dusty, Prestia, Caddy on huge contracts.

Can't understand why we aren't jumping at Schache for pick 15. 2 years ago the bloke went at pick 2 with Brisbane claiming they would've taken him with pick 1 over Weitering if they'd had it (yes I know the go home factor due to his dad wasn't as much for Schache which plays into it but still somewhat relevant). He proceeded to dominate his first pre season against an experienced defender in Merret to the point where Rockliff claimed he wouldn't have any qualms with Brisbane signing him up to a 10 year contract. He then started his first season solidly ending up with about a goal a game average from his 17 games before he eventually mothballed due to fatigue having been hammered as the number 1 key fwd in the worst team in the league. Quite literally laughable Brisbane put him through that. No wonder he went backwards this year, he was physically and mentally battered from the ridiculous position Brisbane had put him through in his first year, added to that home sickness stresses. End of the day clearly he has been managed terribly in his first 2 seasons which can go some way to explaining his poor form.

Now of course he isn't without fault, He clearly hasn't pushed through the hard times as hard as he possibly could have. This for mine is a by-product of being at the lions who tolerate more than what we-Richmond would. We can change this kids behaviours and attitudes very quickly IMO.

From a purely playing perspective we know we are getting a key fwd with huge potential-a long term position we clearly need to address with Jack getting on and Griff being Griff. I'd hate to go to the draft this year and miss out on all the key fwds rooting us for the long term future. We need to get one in now while Jack still has a chance to mentor him. What's more Schache will be 21 and hopefully have about 40-45 seinor games under his belt by the time of finals next year (assuming which we should that we make it). He will actually be able to help us by finals next year if everything goes to plan. Furthermore we have a genuine replacement for Jack if God help us he went down mid year, who by now is physically ready to compete against the big key defenders after 3 pre seasons in the league. Moore and Chol aren't gonna cut it and any key fwd we pick up with pick 15 wouldn't be ready either. We would be left with Griff as our only option whilst we are right, cherry ripe in our premiership window.

It's just a no brainer for mine if we have the cap space, which we mightn't with dusty, Prestia, Caddy on huge contracts.

Here's why ... who the hell says he wants out of Brisbane for months, then signs new multi-year deal, and decides another month later he wants out again??? Irrational behaviour and you have to seriously question where his head is at.
And .... he made himself unavailable for the NEAFL grand final. Seriously? We had blokes at Tigerland falling over themselves to get a senior grand final sport - and even reserves grand final spot - yet this guy is above that.
We are in a position now where we don't have to take risks, gambles, punts, whatever on blokes with issues as we have in thisn past. Unfortunately this guy appears to have more than a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm about as shocked as Hird was when he found out Essendon players were on drugs.

Seriously plenty of us on here been saying the game is too fast for him.
he stays with us for depth

very handy depth if prestia goes down

We are in a position now where we don't have to take risks, gambles, punts, whatever on blokes with issues as we have in thisn past. Unfortunately this guy appears to have more than a few.
I agree we are in a position we don't have to take risks.... But isn't that the best time to take one.

At absolute worst case, Elton is gone, he takes his place on our list.
You and I both agree Griff isn't and never will be the answer...
So in my opinion, this is a calculated risk, with minimal effect if it doesn't work (he can't be any worse than Elton or Griff).

We have Garthwaite as KPD developing, so I can't see why we wouldn't want to get Schache, even if it takes him 6 months in VFL to get to 'OUR' acceptabel standard.

No way would i be doing 15 & 17 for 10 & 27 unless we believe we can get Schache or another player we want with #27
There is no benefit for Richmond in down grading these picks and effectively losing 1 1st rounder to trade up 5 spots in the other

I still think we are into Schache but dont want to pay a high price, Schache has actually done us a favour by saying he isnt fussed about which club as the clubs dont look like going hard and his value has dropped accordingly. Brisbane now have decided to move him on and will take #17 but the question is can we get someting back or trade 1 of our fringe players for their later picks

he stays with us for depth

very handy depth if prestia goes down
I think the club would have Conca in front of him possible for an older choice, and Cellis in front of him for a younger choice.

Biggest guide o clubs plans where Short and Cellis emergencies for the GF, not Lloyd or Miles.

Here's why ... who the hell says he wants out of Brisbane for months, then signs new multi-year deal, and decides another month later he wants out again??? Irrational behaviour and you have to seriously question where his head is at.
And .... he made himself unavailable for the NEAFL grand final. Seriously? We had blokes at Tigerland falling over themselves to get a senior grand final sport - and even reserves grand final spot - yet this guy is above that.

Exactly my thought yesterday. Something not right about him. Bloke lacks integrity. Why sign a contract for two additional years to go back on his word?

Word has always been schache and Brisbane both compromised and agreed that he’d sign mid year and if he still wanted out and wasn’t happy at seasons end they’d explore trade options. This was also to ensure he had trade value which Brisbane wanted. So the first part of your statement isn’t entirely accurate.

Exactly my thought yesterday. Something not right about him. Bloke lacks integrity. Why sign a contract for two additional years to go back on his word?
Because Brisbane specifically told him even if he wasn’t happy sign now and if your still unhappy later on we will explore trade options and be more willing to facilitate a trade. Hasn’t gone back on his word

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back