List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints ruled themselves out of Schache. Can only see 3 clubs realistically going after him: Richmond, Coll & Carl. Of those, I think we are best placed as cant see Coll offering pick 6 or Carl pick 3.

Saints ruled themselves out of Schache. Can only see 3 clubs realistically going after him: Richmond, Coll & Carl. Of those, I think we are best placed as cant see Coll offering pick 6 or Carl pick 3.

dogs too imo

dogs too imo
Can't see the dogs going for him after getting Trengove. Very similar to Boyd.

Pies could always drop back in the draft but I doubt they will as I'm not sure he is worth it.

It's only neafle but here's something you can salivate over

I'll take him but those highlights are hardly inspiring.

Let's face it Richmond's stocks are high atm, we have 2 first round picks and a bunch of players in the seconds, gotta laugh at how all of a sudden Richmond seem to have plenty of depth.

Perfect opportunity for us to strengthen our list even further as much as you love players like Lloyd, Miles, Conca etc if it means we can better position ourselves for future success the better IMO. That doesn't mean we just move these players on for the sake of it though.

As for Schache, is he any good? He is so young and raw, its clear Richmond need to recruit another Key forward who is mobile and can take a grab, no point recruiting another Vickery or McBean type of forward though otherwise we have learned nothing. If the kid can play then I'd say he is worth chasing but is there any other young talls in the draft at around our pick that might be the same or better off?

We are in the perfect position to be very picky in who we want to keep or get something we haven't had ever at our club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pies will give 6

It's only neafle but here's something you can salivate over

Hmmm to be perfectly honest breaking down those 5 goals, 3 were lead up marks, the second goal he dropped a mark but was able to kick one off his team mates good follow up work and the last one was a nice kick on the boundary line. The only thing I got our of that is he is a very good kick for goal (Vickery was too)

I hope he can take a pack mark.

Morning all.

As always, happy to share any tidbits I hear from my mate in the system.

Apparently there are a few different ways we could go, but they all include waiting to see how things shake out before making any big decisions, as we want to gauge the level of interest in our fringe players.

The club is open to helping players get to clubs where they'll get more opportunities, if the price is right. That means picks not players, and we expect fair value.

We're very much looking gaining and upgrading picks in general, in order to give us a little more comfort around Naish, and to preserve our bargaining power if a ready made player that addresses a need is available.

Identified needs are marking talls with strong endurance, and surprisingly (to me at least given previous years approaches) midfield depth. Happy to address via the draft if nothing else presents.

We do have an interest in Schache at the right price, but Brisbanes view of what constitutes the right price is worlds away from where we want to be. Thinking at this stage is that he is as likely to be elsewhere as at the tigers next year.

Some talk re Lynch, but speculation only. If Gold Coast were willing to deal, and didn't want two top ten picks for him, we'd find a way. But it's pretty much acknowledged internally that we wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the asking price.

Anyway, I know it's not much, but a lay of the land is probably the best we can hope for on day 1.

If I hear anything else, I'll share.

Getting schache is a must let him develop here under dimma/leppa and Blake not to mention jack will take him under his wing and at training he will play against rance/astbury and grimes can’t get a better football education then that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back