List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the headlines, why would we chase absolute elite midfielders and then opt as a second option for a bloke who is chancy at even being able to play the position? It makes no sense whatsoever, unless we brought him on to the list for a player swap & change. I cannot see any logic in compromising pick 4 for the bloke.

It's more logical for us to consider Dalhaus & Liberatore.

They'd be mad not to at least ask the question about Libba.

Forget the headlines, why would we chase absolute elite midfielders and then opt as a second option for a bloke who is chancy at even being able to play the position? It makes no sense whatsoever, unless we brought him on to the list for a player swap & change. I cannot see any logic in compromising pick 4 for the bloke.

It's more logical for us to consider Dalhaus & Liberatore.

it is illogical to trade 4 for any Bulldog player or group of players unless GOAT wants to get out.

the only reason I would trade 4 now, would be as a swap to increase our first round selections next year, maybe this could be done with a club like GC who currently hold 2 19 22 and 24, if we think they will finish bottom 4 next year we could do 4 for their first next year, if they think they will climb they could end up with 2 and 4 this year and five picks in the top 24 and pass on 10~ next year, but if they continue to fall away we could score a generational player from the trade. massive risk massive reward, we could walk away with two generational footballers next draft.

Screw using pick 4. I see a potential Jonathan Hay situation (well not that bad).
I would hope for a trade with another team that brings a late second rounder we can use on him.

The whisper is that both are gettable.

I'd throw pick 4 at that pair.

Hmm. Both 25, turning 26 next year. It's something to consider, as much as I'd prefer to keep pick four.

Hmm. Both 25, turning 26 next year. It's something to consider, as much as I'd prefer to keep pick four.

Well........."aggressive reset" puts them in the correct bracket age wise. Both are capable of elite football and would come at a price where we could get another player of similar standing.

They are both going to be RFA and OOC next year also, so we could get them for unders.

Libba and Springer at our club, FMD that would like place us in no man's land for the next decade.

a) Not interested in Stringer. b) Libba can burn down half of Flemington for all I care, just win some clearances.

Ablett is a disgrace. I thought he was unreal but after this year etc my respect for him went out the window. What he did to that club I think is so unprofessional. Just a big self centered sook who is full of shit.

Absolutely self-centred arsehat.

Went there for the cash. Has now sooked up a treat and wants to come home after bleeding the club dry.

w***er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a) Not interested in Stringer. b) Libba can burn down half of Flemington for all I care, just win some clearances.

Miss out on Kelly & Martin, but pick up Dalhaus, Liberatore and Aaron Hall for picks 4 & 21 doesn't seem too bad to me.

It's what we would have got Kelly for at his cheapest anyhow.

We could let Spitta go with pick 21 for Hall if that is what he wanted to do.

Geelong can afford to take the risk. They are a top 4 team that could absorb the potential failure of Stringer.
We are a rebuilding team, this could kill us like carltank for a few years if we don't get it right and try and fast track by adding potential mediocre players at the cost of our natural progression.
We should only pay him for what he is worth now and not what he could be worth. Right now, that's a late second rounder.

Well........."aggressive reset" puts them in the correct bracket age wise. Both are capable of elite football and would come at a price where we could get another player of similar standing.

They are both going to be RFA and OOC next year also, so we could get them for unders.
So, we're getting the band back together?

345136-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg
462223-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

ef17a8bd532ed137e4da41f25bc4ab82--western-bulldogs-the-bulldog.jpg
342468-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Let's not Crazy Vossy away our highest pick since 2006 on discobikkie fiend Liberatore.

He can shoot smack in his eyeballs at quarter time, as long as I see 8 clearances and 10 tackles, and JZ roaming the forward line like a male Lion on heat!!!

Add Dalhaus & Hall with Atley, Higgins, J. Williams & Mountford and we have a jet squadron on our hands.

But what is "significantly over value" for Preuss? I don't think it's a "top 10 pick". After about 7 or 8, it's been pretty hit or miss with draft picks over the years. Even within the top 8, there have been plenty of misses.

Would you swap Preuss for McCartin, Tom Boyd, Weitering or McGrath, i.e. the last 4 number 1 picks? My view is absolutely NO for the first 3 and a maybe for McGrath (will be a star). In particular, Boyd has had one 4-week period in his career where he hasn't been ridiculously, disgracefully below average, and that coincided with (and was part of) the Dogs getting a once in a lifetime run of good luck.

I'm saying that picks are speculative; less speculative the higher up they are, sure, but still a relatively low percentage chance of delivering a high quality AFL footballer.

On the other hand, Preuss is no longer speculative - he has shown enough in 8 games to suggest that he has what is required. You're not guessing any more with him, the odds of him succeeding are higher than the odds of each of the top 3 from this year's draft all succeeding. One of them probably will - 1, 2 or 3? Who knows? Speculative.
Weitering has so much more talent and is a much better, smarter and natural footballer than Preuss.

Heartbeat.

He can shoot smack in his eyeballs at quarter time, as long as I see 8 clearances and 10 tackles, and JZ roaming the forward line like a male Lion on heat!!!

Add Dalhaus & Hall with Atley, Higgins, J. Williams & Mountford and we have a jet squadron on our hands.
Hasn't been much of a clearance player since his ACL.

Hasn't been much of a clearance player since his ACL.

Not gelling with the coach, and the Bont is taking some of his centre work.

Anyway, just spit-balling plausible ideas

I just see that ending like

upload_2017-9-26_16-51-31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back