List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can shoot smack in his eyeballs at quarter time, as long as I see 8 clearances and 10 tackles, and JZ roaming the forward line like a male Lion on heat!!!

Add Dalhaus & Hall with Atley, Higgins, J. Williams & Mountford and we have a jet squadron on our hands.
Mountford? I thought your keen eye had already dismissed him? :p

Be honest, you're just positioning yourself for a NM BF meme ('jet squadron'), now that the 'meatgrinder' has had its day. ;)

well maybe stop suggesting it and I can stop rejecting it, just a thought.

I'm sorry to inform you about this, but your imprimatur is not essential to me.

You disagree. I get it. Have a nice day.

Shiny new toy > actual improvement on where we need it

Immediate improvement as well.

someone "snake" aint gunna be happy I have an opinion. oh well. diddums.

Mate, your opinion doesn't bother me except for the fact you keep quoting me and repeating it.

Do you really need me to acknowledge every thing you post?

I don't agree, and I can't be bothered discussing it in depth either. Chill out.

Some numbers re: Libba

2nd (in the league!) for tackles and clearances per game in 2014, 8th for total contested possessions in 2014.

2nd in total tackles, total clearances and 3rd in contested possessions per game in 2013.

The numbers taper off a little, but he's still posting 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 10 contested possessions per game in a midfield where Bont and Macrae get way more time and precedence.

In comparison, Cunnington is running at 7 clearances, 4.9 tackles, 14.7 contested possessions. Higgins is 4.4, 5 and 8.7.

No one else who's gettable and in the right age range is posting those numbers.

Some numbers re: Libba

2nd (in the league!) for tackles and clearances per game in 2014, 8th for total contested possessions in 2014.

2nd in total tackles, total clearances and 3rd in contested possessions per game in 2013.

The numbers taper off a little, but he's still posting 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 10 contested possessions per game in a midfield where Bont and Macrae get way more time and precedence.

No one else who's gettable and in the right age range is posting those numbers.

want me to show you some numbers from Goldie in 2015?

But there could also be some movement in the trade period with the Roos likely to field inquiries for back-up ruckman Braydon Preuss.

Senior ruckman Todd Goldstein remains likely to stay at the club, potentially encouraging Preuss to look elsewhere after a breakthrough 2017 campaign.
I'm normally one to back in the club's decisions, but I have to say I have a horrible feeling that we're making a huge mistake keeping Goldy, which is magnified x100 if we lose the best young ruckman in the game because of it. I simply cannot see a single reason why he wouldn't be the first guy we shop around, given his age profile, salary and the development of Preussy. It seems a no brainer to offer to pay a large amount of his salary in exchange for a 1st-2nd round pick, exploiting our salary position to bring in more elite talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not too sure if that is a YES vote or a NO vote ;-D

If someone gets some clearance winners for this ****ing football club, I'll vote whichever way you want me to baby.

If someone gets some clearance winners for this ****ing football club, I'll vote whichever way you want me to baby.
yep I agree entirely, just went down the "walking down the road with your mates after a few frothies and deciding who to take home" conversation. You know, to gay or not to gay. Personally I think we need a few more cnuts as well

If we're going to consider Stringer from a development perspective then the safer bet is to take one of the kids with pick 4.
I'm not trading the 4th pick for Stringer, I'd look at trading Goldstein for him though, save a couple hundred thousand and hopefully bridge a bigger need.

If we draft more nice boys I will vomit. I want ****s

Nice boys has nothing to do with players getting banned. Players with mongrel are fine, players that tread the line on the field and end up missing games for it, fine.

Players that can't play for your team because they're banned from the sport = a waste of money.

I'm normally one to back in the club's decisions, but I have to say I have a horrible feeling that we're making a huge mistake keeping Goldy, which is magnified x100 if we lose the best young ruckman in the game because of it. I simply cannot see a single reason why he wouldn't be the first guy we shop around, given his age profile, salary and the development of Preussy. It seems a no brainer to offer to pay a large amount of his salary in exchange for a 1st-2nd round pick, exploiting our salary position to bring in more elite talent.
Don't worry we won't be losing Preuss.

But I also value the club not giving a guy the boot because he has had a bad patch of form due to off field issues that have distracted him. I
d be content if traded that its because he won't be part of the next premiership.

Either way we won't be losing Preuss. The club know how much he is loved by the fans...add in the fact the club value him highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back