• Eric Hipwood

• Jonathan Freeman

• Jack Repath

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Stringer wants to get to Geelong and Damien Barrett seems to think Geelong will find a way to get both he and Ablett.
Is the AFL going to bend the trading out future picks rule to suit the Cats again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That bloody flog said a month ago the cats were going to get smith hopper and Ablett .... his a parasite .

Our draft team really rated him.
Was he not playing under our noses at Coburg and we missed out on him? or am i thinking of someone else?

Massive alarms regarding Stringer. do not want him, this game styles is based around aggressive hunting of the ball and the man inside forward 50. what our smalls do now, is something i dont think Stringer will do - he desnt look like the kind of player that will work defensvely for a whole game.
he would do well at another club, but would not benefit our structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli's replacement will be short/conca/markov. They are developing nicely

Not Conca. His decision making and kicking are not at the required standard. He was playing well before he got injured, but he's still limited. Given how settled our back-line is, I'm not sure he's going to get an opportunity in 2018 to prove himself. He's fighting it out with Nathan Broad for one spot.

Short is a very neat player, but he needs to add something extra to his game. Houli has an AFL body. He's an inch or two taller than Short and 5+ kg heavier. Houli at his best has a significant impact on games (usually positive!). I'm not sure that Short can do that. He looks like a guy who plays to his limitations.

Markov is still learning the game. Doesn't look like a defender to me. Has some assets, but I think he's competing with KMac in the near term and is only a longer term option for a position in the back-line. Needs to hit the weights.

I'd like to see us recruit an A-grade half-back flanker, play him on the wing in 2018 (KMac's spot) and then slot back into half-back when Houli retires. Just need the money and the draft picks to make it happen ;-)

Cheers.

Dave P.

Motlop will be at North. We passed over Motlop last year. Why would we want him this year?

Would be worth trialing pre-season, but Astbury has been one of the premier defenders in the comp this year, wouldn't be forcing him out of the backline anytime soon. With that said, even if he remains back, competition for spots in our best 22 isnt a bad thing.

Astbury was drafted as a forward and did kick 3 goals on debut. But yeah, whilst I would love Thompson, he isn't a pressing need.

100% yes to Saad. Huge fan. Quick, breaks lines, great 1v1 defender... If Neville Jetta can make the 40-man AA squad, a healthy, RFC Saad will make the AA team
While I agree about Saad, using Jetta as a baseline is counter productive even though it is a negative connotation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back