Preview 2018 1st Semi Final: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 14 September 2018, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake up normally excited on game days.. still trying to make sense of the Doc and Mirra ins, mind boggling we bring in 2 guys who really struggle under pressure in a cut throat high pressure final against a side who’ll bring Richmond like attack on our players.

What will officially do me in is if there is a late out and any of Dimma or Gunno don’t play..
I'm thinking that Frawley doesn't need any strong cooffe or bright lights this afternoon. Starting to feel a migraine coming on myself.

Since losing to the lions for the second time, we played miles and brand in every game and i thought our backline looked pretty settled and deserved a shot a the Tigers. I think those 2 are unlucky not to get picked for the melbourne game.

I think Clarko is picking duryea so we can increase his trade value.

The only reason i can see duryea in over miles is he can lock down a small defender better and stronger bodied.

We are probably going to play 1 extra defender back and Clarko must think that the game wont be one on the middle but by intercepting the ball in defence and transistioning from there.

Either way clarko has a plan, its up to the players to execute it and after last weeks result, we will respond.

Go Hawks
I think it is more to with the fact Duryea has a lot of experience playing in cut throat finals.

The young blokes struggled with the lift in intensity against Richmond. So opted for an experienced player over someone who has less than 10 games.

Agreed he is unlucky.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

last week g.w.s rolled the dice on z.williams and b.delideo who had a histroy of problems it payed of some will say they got lucky.

Not to similar to birchall and jaeger this wk for us,
The club is err on the side of caution taking a safety first approach in a cut throat final intresting, i know earlier in the yr jaeger wanted to play when he was sore. Gotta back the club in
there must be no way birchall could run out a full game or he would be slotted straight in,
Jaeger must be less than 80% he was our best player last wk

Clarko has always loved Doc and Schoey.

I will never forget the goal Doc kicked in the prelim in Perth where he sold candy stepped inside and nailed the goal from the boundary.

That was his career moment, unfortunately his brain fades and derrr moment have become a more common theme of recent times.. he gives 120%, hope he is "on" tonight.

Gaz on sen made mention that the club has taken it personally the circle jerking around Melbourne, I hope he's right and the club and Clarko make this a point. I also hope it's not lost on Clarko and reiterated to the players that were playing a foot my club who's members voted to merge, this is a club who believes it shouldn't exist.

Somehow we are going to have to pull off a win with a side that is lacking in pace.

Impey Smith and bursts from Poppy and Burger!!!!

It is a very slow side we have selected.
We’ve never been a quick side anyway as far as leg speed goes , just need to move it quickly by foot and hand when we get the chance.

Wake up normally excited on game days.. still trying to make sense of the Doc and Mirra ins, mind boggling we bring in 2 guys who really struggle under pressure in a cut throat high pressure final against a side who’ll bring Richmond like attack on our players.

What will officially do me in is if there is a late out and any of Dimma or Gunno don’t play..

Was very surprised too...

Game day - always a good day. Anticipating a cracking game tonight. As long as the weather remains clear and umpires get it right we should be too classy. Have a great night everyone and hopefully we are talking about Optus Stadium on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 rubbish ins. Glad I couldn’t get tix to the game.
Really? I can't believe the negativity in here. Its not like our team has never faced adversity before. Whenever you think how bad everything is just remember who you support. This club's supporters are the most spoilt supporters in the world we are drunk with success. We will not lie down its not the Hawthorn way. If we lose so be it we weren't good enough but the way people are carrying on here is as if we have never won a final and this year is a bust.

remember RIDING THE BUMPS WITH A GRIN

I just have this feeling we will win.

I can’t explain it.

Go the Hawks!!!
I reckon Melbourne are gonna cop the Sydney 2014 treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back