Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Not liking the rumour about Lang fracturing his ankle. If so and it’s his left again it does not look good for his future. Broken his left leg multiple times. Dislocated his ankle as well. This could (if true) be an indication of a recurring issue plus a reason behind him coming so cheap.

Not liking the rumour about Lang fracturing his ankle. If so and it’s his left again it does not look good for his future. Broken his left leg multiple times. Dislocated his ankle as well. This could (if true) be an indication of a recurring issue plus a reason behind him coming so cheap.
Didnt realise he has broken his leg multiple times :( Lousy start to his Carlton career if he has fractured his ankle.

Played in Geelong's finals last season, so it's not as if they were unloading a player who wasn't getting games due to some secret chronic injury.

Played in Geelong's finals last season, so it's not as if they were unloading a player who wasn't getting games due to some secret chronic injury.
They might not of had a choice. Options were thin and they might of took a risk. I’m just speculating. Club clearly hasn’t confirmed any injuries at the moment. But if we do have docherty, McKay, SPS, Kennedy and Lang under a cloud it seems very unlucky and unfair. I’m sick to death of seasons being undone by injury. I’d love a Richmond like year where we can play nearly the whole season with the same side.

They might not of had a choice. Options were thin and they might of took a risk. I’m just speculating. Club clearly hasn’t confirmed any injuries at the moment. But if we do have docherty, McKay, SPS, Kennedy and Lang under a cloud it seems very unlucky and unfair. I’m sick to death of seasons being undone by injury. I’d love a Richmond like year where we can play nearly the whole season with the same side.

Same...we seem to do pretty poorly on the injury front in recent memory.

I'd really love to see what our team could do in a year with next to no injuries like Richmond last year.

They rotate their workloads through the pre-season, and at any given skills/match sim session you can have match fit players on a modified program.

It's hard to read into without actually being there. It sounds like only SPS, Rowe, ASOS and McKay were actually held out for rehab/light duties and the other two were having a rest.

This is Lang two weeks ago:

LangJan17Pic.jpg

Now maybe something's happened, maybe something hasn't. What we do know is he had an injury mid-season last year, likely had a clean up operation in the off-season and probably has to have his program slightly modified to cope with the recovery from that.

And again: all of that being said, all players are rotated in the pre-season, but especially those with long-standing injuries/issues, and draftees.

The last 3 years he's almost always been best 22 for Geelong when he's fit. Only played 8 last year because of the leg, 13 the year before because of other injuries, 20 games in 2015.

They rotate their workloads through the pre-season, and at any given skills/match sim session you can have match fit players on a modified program.

It's hard to read into without actually being there. It sounds like only SPS, Rowe, ASOS and McKay were actually held out for rehab/light duties and the other two were having a rest.

This is Lang two weeks ago:

LangJan17Pic.jpg

Now maybe something's happened, maybe something hasn't. What we do know is he had an injury mid-season last year, likely had a clean up operation in the off-season and probably has to have his program slightly modified to cope with the recovery from that.

And again: all of that being said, all players are rotated in the pre-season, but especially those with long-standing injuries/issues, and draftees.

I wouldn't be surprised if him and Samo just pulled up a bit sore and were rested rather than pushing through match simulation if not feeling 95-100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it or leave it but Brett temple just informed the Carlton fc supporters page on Facebook that Lang (in doubt for Rd 1) has done his ankle. The others mentioned above are fine.

I'll take that year in 2021 - 2022 please. Just think of injuries giving someone else a chance to shine.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back