Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Bolton's press conference:

Phillips: hamstring
Weitering: calf (wtf? physios were assessing his left rotator cuff muscles...)
Marchbank: potentially abnormally fast heart rhythm (tachycardia), sent to hospital (wtf?)

Probably a bit of heat stress, mid 20's, but abnormally high humidity which can knock the crap out of you.
You Vics aren't used to it, and Marchy wouldn't be match fit to exacerbate. (this is my hope anyway)

Marchbank: potentially abnormally fast heart rhythm (tachycardia), sent to hospital (wtf?)

Thought the same re: Weiters, must have been the other (upper) calf..?

Hammy for Sauce again, missed previously with the same. Another maybe not built for the rigours of AFL (even though a ripped unit).

Pretty much what I thought and a few others on here ….. you can't manage to be competitive for a season with 25% of your playing list out at any one time ….. the comp is just too tight with tolerances now.

Thanks for sharing IM29 … value your input here hugely.

I have always said that luck plays a big part in winning a premiership. Luck with injuries becomes ever more important as the competition becomes ever more even

At this point you can only laugh.

At this point you can only laugh.

Someone will be out next week with smallpox or leprosy. Why can't we get higher quality leeches to help our players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The injury reports contain a lot of BS.

Probably a bit of heat stress, mid 20's, but abnormally high humidity which can knock the crap out of you.
You Vics aren't used to it, and Marchy wouldn't be match fit to exacerbate. (this is my hope anyway)
More likely the caffeine water the trainers give them. He might have to go cold turkey on that stuff.

Marchbank will play this week. All good to go.

I'd be resting him another week. Or maybe the club could update us properly as to the condition and the risk. I don't trust our doctors anymore.

I'd be resting him another week. Or maybe the club could update us properly as to the condition and the risk. I don't trust our doctors anymore.

Was told the humidity and lack of match fitness was the cause but that boils down to exactly what you just said. But apparently he is right to go other than match fitness of course. And totally agree our medicos/selection committee have been woeful.

Weiters comes off ground:
"Doc I feel pain in my right calf, could be just a cramp..."

Doc to weiters " no problems, lets check it out. Can you lift you left arm for me?"

Just about sums it up.
Dr Nick Riviera on our medical team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back