List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

So that's it now till 7:00 tonight when we'll have to wait and
17 of the 77 players selected in the National Draft were Academy or FS selections.

Good to see the draft is now as transparent and even as the draw.

10 players from Oakleigh Chargers. They've had a good year.

Everyone is saying that the big Quaynor will be the cult hero at the Pies next year. If the Bos gets to play senior footy next year, l think we found our new cult hero!!

Apparently black=cult hero, therefore Quaynor=cult hero.

Quaynor just looks like a really good footballer to me. Need to have something more unusual than frizzy hair to get that cult status happening. Atu has the name, tackles hard which fans love, is a union convert... Much more likely, I agree.

Considering Cat B salaries are off the books and we have a spare spot, would be a miss to not take him I reckon.

I was talking about another Team with Live Pick in the Rookie Draft Rooking Him.

I be more then Happy to give Wraith at least 1 Season on the Cat-B Rookie

Doubt he would ever leave Collingwood even with his Brother at Port
Correct Dave.

He's set up here, his bestie lives here, his lady love live here.

And it is Adelaide, hardly a draw card

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I clarify WTF people were complaining about with the time taken between picks? The draft isn’t a spectacle and after the first 3-5 picks clubs can sometimes need time to assess how the draft is planning out and whether they can move up the draft to bring someone in. If it’s the difference between Mitch Thorpe and Joel Selwood let the clubs have as much time as they need. We saw four clubs take advantage of it last night and there were winners all round!

It’s only the first evolution of it, but I have to stress it isn’t an “event” for the average punter. As soon as the AFL abolishes the rookie draft and restrictions on how far ahead clubs can trade future picks we’ll start seeing more action between picks. Clubs also need to become more secretive with who they’re keen on and stop telling the kids they’ll take them with x pick that’s where the issue really lies.
They are most definately trying to make it one though. Wasn't long back the only kid who got up on stage was the Number 1. Then the top 10. Last night every kid in the first round (bar the poor bugger who wasn't invited) Last year the whole draft was completed in the time it took to get through the first round this year. And lets be honest, the 10-12 are basically pre-selected. I'm not complaining about the time taken when things get down the order a bit, but last night was painfully drawn out.

Why did they tweet then when we did not rate him Highly

Media department are separate to the footy department, media dept would likely have no insight into who we do or don’t rate.

After picking up IQ and WK, our next pick was #63, maybe we would have picked him up with that pick if he was still available?

Everyone is saying that the big Quaynor will be the cult hero at the Pies next year. If the Bos gets to play senior footy next year, l think we found our new cult hero!!
Why not both?

Quaynor just looks like a really good footballer to me. Need to have something more unusual than frizzy hair to get that cult status happening. Atu has the name, tackles hard which fans love, is a union convert... Much more likely, I agree.

Atu has some serious moves, has a bit of young Cyril Rioli's to his game, cat like reflexs/agility, good leap and some incredible acceleration.

Can I clarify WTF people were complaining about with the time taken between picks? The draft isn’t a spectacle and after the first 3-5 picks clubs can sometimes need time to assess how the draft is planning out and whether they can move up the draft to bring someone in. If it’s the difference between Mitch Thorpe and Joel Selwood let the clubs have as much time as they need. We saw four clubs take advantage of it last night and there were winners all round!

+ it’s reasonable that they take time to wait and see if the phone rings with somebody making them an offer.

It’s only the first evolution of it, but I have to stress it isn’t an “event” for the average punter. As soon as the AFL abolishes the rookie draft and restrictions on how far ahead clubs can trade future picks we’ll start seeing more action between picks. Clubs also need to become more secretive with who they’re keen on and stop telling the kids they’ll take them with x pick that’s where the issue really lies.

I think it would have been helpful if the system automatically skipped past clubs that had already passed, and also had some kind of indication on the screen showing clubs that either were or weren’t still in play.

He's also black :p

In many ways s many of these draftees are at a high water mark of how good they are perceived to be.

Now their careers will sort them out....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back