List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not my solution, but don't hate him. An ok key defender. Captain of Murray. Good height/size at 196cm, 94kg. Able 1v1. Able contested mark. Able stopper. FB in the U18 AA team.

Suitable for selection in the second half of the draft.

At the minute it's looking like we will have to use most of our picks (and points) to land Quaynor and Kelly.

We will also need to make sure we have enough clear list spots to carry at least 5 live picks on the night to maximise available points.

Not sure I'll bother looking into the draft pool much this year as I can't see us being able to land much inside the top 50 and the late ones we take might just be delisted FAs once we see how many list spots we have left after landing our 2 boys.

At the minute it's looking like we will have to use most of our picks (and points) to land Quaynor and Kelly.

We will also need to make sure we have enough clear list spots to carry at least 5 live picks on the night to maximise available points.

Not sure I'll bother looking into the draft pool much this year as I can't see us being able to land much inside the top 50 and the late ones we take might just be delisted FAs once we see how many list spots we have left after landing our 2 boys.

If we can't get Beams or May for 18 I'd rather we keep it and hope that a bid for IQ doesn't come before it. Realistically, the top 7-8 picks won't be looking at him so if we run the gauntlet we'd only have to survive 9-10 selections. I don't think we should underplay the quality that will still be available later in the 1st round. Even if a bid did come and we decide to match, we'd get a pick back in the 50's for the surplus points.

Last edited:
talk about a lot of hot air... i looked at the age blog or blob on the trades thing.... half a dozen snippets about sam lloyd.... sam who?...matthew's bro? ...i suppose his mother cares.... then something about 2 nonames at the saints being signed... or signed for more... who cares? is there a blog somewhere that spits out something when something interesting happens? wake me up when it's over

This year I took an active interest in the draft, and it's got me really excited for next year.

I know this is very very early, however since it's the so called "Super Draft" I thought we would get started early. I do believe it's a very important draft for the club with the 3 prospects that we have access to.

Issac Quaynor. We have access to him with the Next Generation Academy as his father was born in Ghana. He is an Oakleigh Chargers boy, and is already been talked up as a potential top 10 pick next year. He is a 180cm defender, and weighs 77 kilos. Hopefully he can grow a few centimetres. "He reads the game well from there and has nice skills to offer some rebound"- Callum Twomey.

Will Kelly. We have access to him as a father-son prospect. His dad is Collingwood Premiership defender Craig Kelly, and Jake Kelly(Adelaide) his brother. "Will is a 194cm key defender and aerobically he’s really good for his size"- Derek Hine. 80 kilos, hopefully he can put on a few more in the next couple of years. I see us matching any bid that comes for Will, if he shows a few good signs in the TAC cup. Hopefully him and Mclarty can start a good 10 year partnership. The question is Will WILL want to come to the pies after we "snubbed" his brother?

Liam Holt-Fitz. We have access to him through our Northern Territory zoning. He's very lightly-build and is super exciting. 174 cm and 65 kilos. Hopefully he can build on his frame a bit, but you would hope once he's in a professional environment he might stock up. 2 hyphens in the team must be a first? Plus him and Kirby ripping up the MCG in a few years is going to be amazing.

ABSTRACT FROM AN ARTICLE ON NOVEMBER 21st 2017:
The 17-year-old broke free from the centre of the ground and sprinted towards goal. His second bounce was unkind and forced him to soccer it inside 50, but it proved fruitful. “I love the way he goes about it,” Baksh said of Holt-Fitz. “He’s still getting better and wants to work on things but I wish I had another five of him.”

I have had a look at some of the other top 10 draftee's highlights package, and don't have a lot of information, however the top few players look very good.

Izak Rankine, Jack Lukosius, Connor Rozee, Sydney Stack and my favourite Ian Hill. I hope we somehow manage to get a top 5 pick, and get Hill. He's just so smooth. Absolute class.

I wouldn't say I have a lot of information on these boys, but I just want to stay in the loop as much as possible. I'm sure Knightmare, Snoop and Pie 4 Life will have deeper insights throughout the whole year. But I was hoping this thread can be used to post updates, phantom drafts, information on the players we have access to, and even generally letting us "NOT SO DRAFT INVOLVED PEOPLE" know when under 18 games are going on.

I know I'm way too early, but I love the bloody draft and seeing how players grow through the whole year and where they finish up.

Obviously you havent seen the smallwood brothers from west australia, very likely champions and dont the west produce them, we have the climate. Dylan smallwood be next alex rance mark my words baa injury his brother will be anything mitchell bain obviously you havent seen his mick mcguane goal of the year wafl and only 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we enter the draft with 41, 44, 51, 57 and 93. Not much to right home about there.

Focus will be more on where bids come in for IQ and Kelly!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We still have the future second that we can either go into deficit for, or trade for some picks this year that ensure we have enough points should both Quaynor and Kelly get bids in the first round.

We still have the future second that we can either go into deficit for, or trade for some picks this year that ensure we have enough points should both Quaynor and Kelly get bids in the first round.

Not sure we can trade that future 2nd now that we’ve traded our future first.

I personally think we will get both but go into a slight deficit next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not too worried if we have a deficit next year. Quaynor and Kelly would be great additions, and if we get Atu B late then even better. Not sure if we'll look at Wraith for rookie even? That will be an interesting one

Not too worried if we have a deficit next year. Quaynor and Kelly would be great additions, and if we get Atu B late then even better. Not sure if we'll look at Wraith for rookie even? That will be an interesting one
Wraith the big unknown, barely spoken about. If he's not much chop we should rookie Jok or Hore if available.

Actually I just looked up Wraith. Why look at him anyway? He's a ruckman, and we've already committed to another year with Lynch on the rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back