Autopsy 2018 JLT Series - Game 2: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Had cricket training tonight so watching a little delayed. That passage of play when we hit 6 chip kicks to open players then 60m out Gresham just kicks and bomb forward when Gawn is back!

Honestly how f ing dumb is that! Where's the game plan in that? Absolutely pathetic.

The biggest thing I've noticed so far isn't our inability to kick... we can't even hit targets via handball. We just handball in the direction of a teammate. It's mind boggling. Do we even work on our skills?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually ben pretty lucky with injury apart from Paddy and Freeman. Just haven't been good at drafting or list management. Remember when we used our pick on Long when no-one saw him being inside the top 40? Then went and grabbed Battle as well. Two areas we didn't need, small forward and another key forward when we needed outside midfield run.

Yep, the Long pick reeked of a reach, wasn't the word at the time Richo told Trout to "get him a Cyril." The only thing Long seems to have in common with Cyril so far is he is an indigenous lad from Darwin.

I was massive on coffield since day 1..said he would be the best player of this draft class in June last year.. Id really love to stand by my worde but Hunter Clark is really taking it right up to him. They are both so smooth.. Hunter with silk and time in congestion and coffield with the beautiful lateral movements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We done ok in the second quarter. I feel like our biggest concern is our kicking into our forward line. Give the ball to Coffield, Clark, Billings, Sinclair, Savage, Acres whom all can hit a player on the lead or free. Like seriously bombing into a backline which has the likes of Lever and Gawn isn't going to help us.

We should spend the season getting in the ears of someone like Ratten and get him across in the offseason with the understanding he will sack over when we sack Richo half way through 2019.

Ive said it before but "Wanting it more" is not a ******* gameplan.
Pressure and effort are not a game plan, its an AFL standard and we're not that good at it either

If this is what our game is goand by to look like then what a waste of a pick with Paddy. And I don’t blame Paddy at all. He’s a dominant lead up forward yet we develop a game plan that values him as a tall who will hopefully bring the ball to ground when we bang it long on his head. Yuck.

The good news is that so much of the result so far is self-inflicted. It's hard to imagine us playing so badly again too often this year. Dropped marks, fumbles, missed handballs, missed kicks, frees galore against, etc.
We said that last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2018 JLT Series - Game 2: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back