Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one misgiving I have about the potential Lobb trade. It might encourage more of that long bomb type play.

If that continues how we deliver the ball inside 50 then the improvement he adds to the team is minimal, maybe he is good for one extra pack mark inside 50 per game. We need to improve by 3-4 goals per game to get to that 2000 'points for' target.

Or you can think of it this way.
If we have a monster forward line with Hogan, Lobb, Tabs and Cox, I’ll say, bombs away!!!

I did notice in Kerstens Instagram post yesterday he was at the Freo gym in Cockburn. Maybe Bell has already had a quiet word..
This is the most likely scenario - given an ultimatum of sorts to lift his game being the third of his 3-year contract. If he is at club working out that is a good sign.

So much for being our forward line saviour

Jay Clark
Can Jesse Hogan become a swingman at Melbourne if Freo trade falls over? Melbourne likes the look of Weideman - McDonald combo in attack.

Pick 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If this happens I would be stoked with that. Then even though it's not ideal for 11 to go for Lobb, if we got say 14 back from GWS, this is still massive in a draft like this one.

But we would already have Lobb, Hogan and Conca at the club before draft night. Imagine that

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If this happens I would be stoked with that. Then even though it's not ideal for 11 to go for Lobb, if we got say 14 back from GWS, this is still massive in a draft like this one.

But we would already have Lobb, Hogan and Conca at the club before draft night. Imagine that

Yeah I’d prefer that we had 11, 23 and 49 in the pocket at the end but I get the sentiment.

Losing Lachie and 6 spots in the draft gaining Lobb, Hogan and Conca, 23 and 49 would get Belly a statue tbh

Yeah I’d prefer that we had 11, 23 and 49 in the pocket at the end but I get the sentiment.

Losing Lachie and 6 spots in the draft gaining Lobb, Hogan and Conca, 23 and 49 would get Belly a statue tbh

Especially if we suddenly made finals next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be thrilled. Just fix this #11 for Lobb and #25 bs and this is stuff of wet dreams.

Clearly next year's first is better (unless the Lions make the GF). Don't think we will get it though.
Well if we get Hogan, Lobb, it better work out because we have sold the farm. Whoever we gave up on in the first rounds will be forever
compared to the imports.
Instead of saving Lyon, this is the hail Mary play. Personally prefer one or the other,.

Well if we get Hogan, Lobb, it better work out because we have sold the farm. Whoever we gave up on in the first rounds will be forever
compared to the imports.
Instead of saving Lyon, this is the hail Mary play. Personally prefer one or the other,.
This is why I would like to have a pick back in at least one of those deals, then we could directly compare the likes of Ian Hill to whoever is taken at pick #6 etc.

11 and 32 for lobb and 14; leaves 14, 23 & 49

Neale & 14 for 5 and 19 1st (5?); leaves 5, 23, 49 and 19 1st

19 1st, 23 and swap our 19 2nd for 19 2nd/third for hogan; leaves 5 & 49

5 for 8 & 16; leaves 8, 16, 49

Summary - out Neale, 6 and say 19 2nd; In hogan, lobb, 8, 16, 49 - possible if not probable

The thing no one really talks about is how getting Lobb and Hogan affects our draft strategy.

Lobb, Darcy, Hogan, Cox, Tabs and Dixon.

We’re set for rucks and tall forwards for the next 5-10 years.

We need 1 more tall back. Other than that we can concentrate on mids and goal kickers

The funniest part is that the picture is Hogan but the quote of "close to happening" is about Wingard

Its still someone touted as being in the know saying they’ve heard the Dees are now just happy with pick five. Tenuous yes but if it eventuates then everyone will know the Dees can talk shit all they like but if it involves someone they’re actually after and they signpost it from the start, then you can just hold the line until they eventually acquiesce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back