2018 Mid-pricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my eye on Impey, Charlie Curnow, Bennell, Ah Chee and Lobb for the forward line. Could go full on mid price madness in the FL this year. Throw in Tracc, Sicily, Tippet, Lids, Chrtistensen, and maybe a few others??????

Mitch Robinson.

$406K M/F, with Rocky gone?

Would be a POD, I havn't looked much at him but first thoughts of him is that he can be a bit of a butcher with the footy. Also tends to be used for shut down roles. Can dish out some good scores though.

Devon Smith is another around that price which will be interesting to see what role he may get. As an Essendon supporter though I may be biased lol but reckon he could break into the top 10 forwards if he does get some decent midfield time.

I've got my eye on Impey, Charlie Curnow, Bennell, Ah Chee and Lobb for the forward line. Could go full on mid price madness in the FL this year. Throw in Tracc, Sicily, Tippet, Lids, Chrtistensen, and maybe a few others??????

Without looking at their prices but I personally couldn't go near Curnow or Tippett. Curnow is a young forward in a forward line that could struggle this year. Will be a gun but may not be SC relevant. Unless you are looking at Tippet purely as a swingman for cover I would avoid him also. Seen a few teams select Sicily surprised me a bit. Very awkward price and think there are better options.

If Deledio gets through the preseason okay I will start with him. With Wilson gone he may slot in to the back line and could score really well from there.

A fit Coniglio could easily improve on his 2016 breakout season. Will also probably take points from Kelly as the ball will be surging forward from the centre bounce more often. Reliable points in the bank weekly. The worst case scenario is he becomes Danger. Will need a trouble free preseason.

Some very tempting Mid Pricers around.
Birchall - Price makes him tempting, gut says he will average around 75-80, I also don't mind the defender premium choices this year so may stick with the gut and avoid Birchall.

O'Meara - Actually don't mind the selection this year. Although I tend to try stay away from midfield mid pricers (I did get burnt this year)

Coniglio - Is the one midfield mid pricer whom I am really tempted by. Only issue is although he is cheap you are picking him as a keeper at that price. Wouldn't be the worst M8/M9 but guess the question gets asked does he finish in the top 15 Mids. Also hasn't put together a full season yet.

Christenson - I feel as if there are not too many stand out forward premiums so if decide to take a few chances this year it will be in the forward line and reckon he could be a POD and potential value. Keen to see where he fits in and what role he will play.

Bennell - Same as Christenson although won't be a pod, can see him being a popular selection.

Lobb - Would have been a lock if had the DPP. Would be tough to pass on if does play the #1 ruck role

Other Mid prices which I'm keen to see people's opinions on are Armitage, Rioli, Lids, Barlow and Hanley. Barlow and Hanley like Coniglio would have to be keepers and definitely capable of achieving that but don't want to be carrying too much risk so will probably avoid that rollercoaster.

Lids, Armitage and Rioli would have to have huge preseasons to tempt me I reckon.

2-3 Mid pricers I reckon I would be comfortable carrying. Maybe only 2 if I start players like Gawn Fyfe Beams and Nic Nat.

Armitage Lids Rioli Barlow. Hell no.

Hanley I like but probably not for me this year. Has scoring history and could average 90ish I reckon.

Hows this for midprice madness, that forward line could get you anywhere from 350-800 any week.

View attachment 443887

Madness. But having said that, why not?

Last year starting with a 14 game midpriced ruck was genius.
Add Beams, Wells, a discounted Murphy and you were laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously overrated.

cant kick, doesnt tackle, doesnt kick many goals. he was looked at on potential not output at Port
Fair enough Amigo. What's your thoughts on Ah Chee now at WC. I thought he was never given a chance at port, would play a couple games, get dropped etc. I feel if he was allowed to play his natural game a bit more he could have blossomed, thoughts?

Fair enough Amigo. What's your thoughts on Ah Chee now at WC. I thought he was never given a chance at port, would play a couple games, get dropped etc. I feel if he was allowed to play his natural game a bit more he could have blossomed, thoughts?
Why you asking that idiot. His team just gave away a Brownlow medalist.

I'm locking that mofo into my forward line. He might not finish a keeper but he will make 150k no probs.
Only has to average 80ish to do it.

Why you asking that idiot. His team just gave away a Brownlow medalist.

I'm locking that mofo into my forward line. He might not finish a keeper but he will make 150k no probs.
Only has to average 80ish to do it.

Like Ah Chee, was thinking about maybe rolling the dice with Bennell, but came to the conclusion that if i wanted to take a 250k mid-pricer in the fwd line, it's gonna be the guy who's more likely to play on the inside, has DPP, and isn't such a naughty, naughty boi.

Also, he has a kinda funny name, I'm sure one of you campaigners will coin a good nickname for the lad.

Like Ah Chee, was thinking about maybe rolling the dice with Bennell, but came to the conclusion that if i wanted to take a 250k mid-pricer in the fwd line, it's gonna be the guy who's more likely to play on the inside, has DPP, and isn't such a naughty, naughty boi.

Also, he has a kinda funny name, I'm sure one of you campaigners will coin a good nickname for the lad.

Sneezy

Josh Dunkley 296,900 fwd only, is one from my own team I've got on my watch list after an injury hit season.
I think he will defiantly get some solid mid minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back