Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks North Adelaide fan here so I've watched a fair bit of Robbie Young. He was a pretty crucial part of the premiership this year.

He is a lightning quick mainly pressure forward. Maybe doesn't find the ball and goal kicking opportunities as often as some of the better small forwards, but he doesn't miss often when he does get a shot at goals. He kicked some crucial goals in the finals this year - a check side from the boundary in the prelim sparked the comeback from about 8 goals down.

He is a brutal tackler and has the sort of nasty edge to his games that would make you hate him if he's on the other side, but is absolutely loved by team mates. Can be undisciplined and will be good for a game or 2 suspended in a year.

He can be a game breaker - you probably have seen the highlights of him kicking 6 against Norwood (who ended up in the grand final) this year. Has AFL attributes if you can harness them and get some consistency into his game.

Enjoy - I am happy for him but sad to see him go.

Thought overall we did OK, King and Bytel are potential A graders, the other picks are more speculative but they look like they have some potential at least.

No one really knows how well clubs have done in a draft until at least a few years down the track anyway.

Hi folks North Adelaide fan here so I've watched a fair bit of Robbie Young. He was a pretty crucial part of the premiership this year.

He is a lightning quick mainly pressure forward. Maybe doesn't find the ball and goal kicking opportunities as often as some of the better small forwards, but he doesn't miss often when he does get a shot at goals. He kicked some crucial goals in the finals this year - a check side from the boundary in the prelim sparked the comeback from about 8 goals down.

He is a brutal tackler and has the sort of nasty edge to his games that would make you hate him if he's on the other side, but is absolutely loved by team mates. Can be undisciplined and will be good for a game or 2 suspended in a year.

He can be a game breaker - you probably have seen the highlights of him kicking 6 against Norwood (who ended up in the grand final) this year. Has AFL attributes if you can harness them and get some consistency into his game.

Nice work, Thanks

nope.. the trade wit North was stupid no matter how you slice it.. there is nothing that can make it anything other than stupid

And the trade with Carlton... the same.. stupid. Why not take Young at 75 or as a rookie?
You really think someone would take him between 67-75?
big picture stuff there are deals that go one behind the closed doors from trade week to drafts we may have an agreement with these tow clubs in regards to next year on when certain people nominate people we are into ... look at the way the WCE helped the Swans .... there are deals inside of deals that we wouldnt have a clue about ...

big picture stuff there are deals that go one behind the closed doors from trade week to drafts we may have an agreement with these tow clubs in regards to next year on when certain people nominate people we are into ... look at the way the WCE helped the Swans .... there are deals inside of deals that we wouldnt have a clue about ...
And sometimes we do very silly things

nope.. the trade wit North was stupid no matter how you slice it.. there is nothing that can make it anything other than stupid

And the trade with Carlton... the same.. stupid. Why not take Young at 75 or as a rookie?
You really think someone would take him between 67-75?

You really think we would give up apick in a trade if we thought Young would still be there at 75?
The good clubs just get the players they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont worry, Ben Dixon will fix that ;)

Jokes aside, he sounds perfect for us. Adds that pressure and excitement in the forward line while release Gresh to dominate the midfield.

Can anyone tell me what picks we have for next year now? No second or third round?

That's what I make it, plus an extra 4th rounder. However I suspect we will end up with some picks coming our way from players being traded out, particularly forwards that are excess to requirements......

Did not go down at all well. Probably fair enough too.

Hey, all’s fair in love and footy.
They would have known it was going to be a risky selection. You probably don’t get much more of a flight risk than picking an identical twin whose brother is playing at the club they both love.

They should just wear it and back themselves in to keep him and not waste any time or oxygen even taking any notice of a social media post.

At least Sandy will have a stacked forward line next year.

Seniors

HF: Billings, Marshall, Gresham
F: Long, Bruce, Membrey

Sandy

HF: Kent, Battle, Lonie
F: Parker, McCartin, King

Int: Young

Just hope Paddy doesn't launch collide with King and concuss himself on King's elbow

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back