Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Eddie Mcguire and his spoilt brat sons storming off out of their leather chairs as soon as the game ends. Proper flogs.
Bit rough to bring his kids into it, they looked embarrassed when Eddie was losing it and they would be following their dad out.

Besides you have no idea if they are spoilt.

If it bounces back in off the umpire it's play on, isn't it?

It's play on in field but around the goal line it is different. If in the opinion of the goal and the field umpire that it would have been a particular score if it had not have hit the goal umpire, then that score will stand. They actually got the call right in that instance. If the goal ump was there, it would have hit the goal post. It was correctly called a behind. This is the problem with commentators who have never bothered to read the rules of the game.

You read like a book mate.

I bring up mcguires racism and you turn to this to defend your kinsman. Because you can't defend him openly.
Since when has Gov been captain is what Elite Crow would have been going wtf...

The AFL need to outlaw deliberately using your studs to collect an opposition player. No issue using a knee or other part of your body, but a serious injury can come about from studs. I don't care if it has been legal up until now, as the game has changed with a duty of care... & it's a bad look which we need to bring to an end.
Absolutely. This is going to end with someone losing an eye. Dahlhaus was close, and something should have been done then.
The one yesterday should have been a free kick against anyway IMO. There were 2 distinct actions. Kicked the player, then took the mark. No different to distinguishing the 2 actions of a dangerous tackle. There are 2 seperate actions. You can’t kick a player. It is not legal.
Beside this, Green is not clever doing this, he is a spiteful coward. Would never want to see my son doing that to anyone ever.

It's play on in field but around the goal line it is different. If in the opinion of the goal and the field umpire that it would have been a particular score if it had not have hit the goal umpire, then that score will stand. They actually got the call right in that instance. If the goal ump was there, it would have hit the goal post. It was correctly called a behind. This is the problem with commentators who have never bothered to read the rules of the game.
What ever station I was listening to maybe 6pr said that if it hits the goal umpire it’s play on.

What ever station I was listening to maybe 6pr said that if it hits the goal umpire it’s play on.

And they are wrong. They used to be right, but it's been changed for quite a few years. I said in another thread that I think all commentors should be made to do a test on the rules before they are allowed to commentate.

For a mark
14.2 PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES
(a) For the avoidance of doubt, a Mark shall be awarded if:
(i) a Player catches or takes control of the football before it has passed completely over the Boundary Line, Goal Line or Behind Line; or
(ii) before the football was caught or controlled by the Player, it was touched by an Umpire or any other Official.

But when in reference to a score:

12.1.3 Clarification and Examples
For the avoidance of doubt:
(a) if the football touches an Umpire, and in the opinion of the field and/or goal Umpire it has affected a score, play will be stopped and the Umpires will determine if a score should be recorded;

He wouldn't even hold an umbrella for us.
19c0db3d5f194e0738c48c5a7103f016

It was changed during pre-season a couple years ago when Betts kicked the ball into an open goal and it bounced off the goal umpire and back into play. The decision was made because goal umpires shouldn't be considered goal keepers that you have to kick around.

It was changed during pre-season a couple years ago when Betts kicked the ball into an open goal and it bounced off the goal umpire and back into play. The decision was made because goal umpires shouldn't be considered goal keepers that you have to kick around.
I have no idea why the umpires are over the goal line anyway and surely if the ball goes over the line and bounce back in it’s a goal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think either the Pies or GWS are a chance against Richmomd
Wishful thinking I think. I think Tigers might smash Pies and certainly GWS. I see Pies as the only chance to knock Richmond out, only because when the Pies are flying they're ridiculously arsey and impossible to stop...like Richmond. GWS are probably the most skilled side in the comp but to me they're just lacking something. I can't quite put my finger on it but GWS would be the side I'd most like to play against in the GF. They still appear to be wet behind the ears, even with Greene's smarts and little acts of campaignerishness. But here's hoping either can end Richmond.

In all seriousness. He’s the club president. He shouldn’t be behaving like that at a game.
He’s a passionate footy supporter. Wears his love of the club on his sleeve. Nothing wrong with that.

Absolutely. This is going to end with someone losing an eye. Dahlhaus was close, and something should have been done then.
The one yesterday should have been a free kick against anyway IMO. There were 2 distinct actions. Kicked the player, then took the mark. No different to distinguishing the 2 actions of a dangerous tackle. There are 2 seperate actions. You can’t kick a player. It is not legal.
Beside this, Green is not clever doing this, he is a spiteful coward. Would never want to see my son doing that to anyone ever.
Thats the thing. It isnt like a straight arm fend off to the chest ala Dusty. Its a kicking motion, so using that logic, if people think this is a smart and reasonable way to fend off an opponent then surely punching someone as a way of fending someone off is fine too. Seriously?

Turning water into wine since the start of time.

INT - Restaurant - evening

Jesus is seated at a table. A WAITER approaches.

WAITER
Good evening sir. Would you care to
start with a glass of wine?

JESUS
I'll have a glass of water thank you.
(looks at camera)

Thats the thing. It isnt like a straight arm fend off to the chest ala Dusty. Its a kicking motion, so using that logic, if people think this is a smart and reasonable way to fend off an opponent then surely punching someone as a way of fending someone off is fine too. Seriously?
Im all for more physicality in the game of football, but that is just thuggish behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back