Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why the umpires are over the goal line anyway and surely if the ball goes over the line and bounce back in it’s a goal?

Easy because the ball has to cross all the way over the line before it can be judged a goal. You can't adjudicate that if you are standing behind the line. The best goal umpiring positioning I see at the moment is in the SANFL. The AFL goal umpiring coach does like to make them go to the wrong side at times. They need some serious changes in the AFL umpiring coaching ranks.

Don’t discount Melbourne from winning the whole thing (which would be just great for our draft picks). They rolled the eagles at Optus a fortnight ago and I honestly think they’ll bundle the hawks out in straight sets. Hawks lack of pace was telling when the pressure went up a notch and the Demons have the core of an A++ midfield to go with one of the best pure ruckmen in the competition.

I can see them making the GF if everything goes their way.

Easy because the ball has to cross all the way over the line before it can be judged a goal. You can't adjudicate that if you are standing behind the line. The best goal umpiring positioning I see at the moment is in the SANFL. The AFL goal umpiring coach does like to make them go to the wrong side at times. They need some serious changes in the AFL umpiring coaching ranks.
This is it, if they are standing on the line and the ball hits them then they are on the wrong side.

This competition is honestly such a farce. Giants or Eagles, please just win it. VFL is such a joke.
No way, you take that back. 12 of the last 13 grand final winners being either Victorian or the AFLs love child in Sydney is just coincidence.

Who needs even playing field when we have the showdown. Counting down the days to Showdown 85.

Given how uneven the competition is our now regular self implisions are even harder for fans to swallow.

No reason for goal umpires to straddle the line. They can stand behind the line and lean sideways so that their eyes are looking along the line. No reason for them ever to be in the field of play.

I would have thought standing behind the goal post would have been better positioning than standing in front of it.

Given we have video replays now, the goal umpire actually can at times hinder that process by obstructing the view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Paddy
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/87dca4adfc6e51f9fb2e3d0bf1eee55b

““I was talking to Robbie Gray about this at the All-Australian dinner. Once the hour glass is starting to win the battle of time then any other feeling other than the ultimate success doesn’t rate.””

It’s still all about him
I wonder if the pull of a premiership is now stronger than the pull of having Sunday roasts with nanna, and he regrets joining Geelong.

Old Kenny carries on like that and he is meant to be a coach, Eddie was just watching the game - not performing club duties unlike Kern.
He’s the club president sitting in the club president area. I’m sure he didn’t line up and pay for his tickets, didn’t even pay for his flight.

I wonder if the pull of a premiership is now stronger than the pull of having Sunday roasts with nanna, and he regrets joining Geelong.

The realization that Geelong won’t deliver him a flag is now sinking in

His ego though would have him regretting leaving Adelaide as he would think he was the difference - all 48 points ‘

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back