Autopsy 2018 Rd 17 Kreuzer out early, another terrible loss

Remove this Banner Ad

You literally whinge every week at people who don't share your optimism. Get real.
yes i agree
even with the drafts maturing to afl level we need more right now......just not enough good players and i could not believe why the club scoffed at the priority pick idea...

we really need it...and several more picks on top of what we have

Gibbs was never a match breaker or leader,however he did a lot of work and have missed him dearly in the middle plus Doc who was unbelievably good in that one year....

its not surprising where we are

at all..................

You literally whinge every week at people who don't share your optimism. Get real.
Getting real would be recognising the state of our club right now and not losing your mind like a child. Getting real would be posting constructively instead of just "sack all the people!"

Getting real would be recognising the state of our club right now and not losing your mind like a child. Getting real would be posting constructively instead of just "sack all the people!"

I do that each week and get similar responses from the guy...

In fact I've said I don't think we should sack Bolton just yet as it doesn't achieve anything, just that I don't rate his gameplan.

Who is going to be our Ruckperson next year?
We have cleared out 45 players in 3 years this year more is 60 possible in 4? building a team that Functions cohesively as a unit with one mind and purpose?
I am tired of excuses they have had 3 years of list building yet for every gain we have 2 steps back.

Other teams study players and expose their weaknesses Liam Jones 2017 v 2018, just because players shine now in development does not Guarantee they will have the same impact in another year. That is the nature of the game only Champions shine through adversity and work ethic, A lot of "our players should spend summer with Crippa" In fact I would let him run pre season.

players that do not tackle have no place in AFL desperation to achieve is going to drive Carlton or not, Sadly I see the latter currently and it has been from our "senior" players for years who were touched from the mid 2000's with the worst culture and Attitudes in an elite sporting environment.

Garlett needs a shoulder or shoulders fixed at end of season. Spoke to his sponsor at the coaches club breakfast last week. Nursed him thru the season.
it'a no surprise, he was hard at it in the jlt, hard that tackle against st kilda that popped his collarbone and has looked 'soft' ever since shirking contact.

This.
WB’s & Tiges have won flags with only a few elite players in their squads. What they do/did have in their flag years was every other bloke willing to bust their butts to chase, tackle, smother, shepherd, etc. These things require very little skill, yet we have SFA blokes on our list willing/able to do them.
The bulldogs and especially Richmond have an abundance of an ingredient we dont have enough of especially atm which is leg speed thats enables them to get to contests quicker .
We simply have too many slow players that are found out for leg speed even more because of our deplorable turnover rate .
We have a need for speeeed!!

I’m still half fuming and half depressed.
The fact that both StKilda and Brisbane treated us with such disrespect both on and off field (coaches box) over the last 2 weeks has me livid. Richo last night looked like he was a spectator more than an opposition coach and Fagan looked like he was almost sorry for us!

I do that each week and get similar responses from the guy...

In fact I've said I don't think we should sack Bolton just yet as it doesn't achieve anything, just that I don't rate his gameplan.
Wasn't specifically referencing you - there's plenty of that crap in this thread that I'm talking about. And it often comes from people who only like to log in after a loss, or so it seems to me anyway.

I agree our game plan isn't working and needs changing. The degree to which the cattle we have to choose from affects all that is a big question mark though.

No club respects us anymore. Do the players care? 2nd week in a row of insipid performance against a comparatively weak side. Skill level non existent. Miles off any kind of success. Disappointing...again.
I have had the advantage of a full nights sleep after the game, so I'm not as emotionally raw as I would have been if I posted straight after the game.

I'm not going to buy into whether clubs respect or disrespect us. Their mindset is not my immediate concern although it will play a part in luring senior players from other clubs during the trade period. I definitely think the players care as a whole. No one likes losing and no one is deliberately throwing away their football career. To keep perspective though, there are some players who aren't up to the grade. We can only play who we've got for now, unless they introduce mid-season trade windows like the EPL. We're getting games into the kids and that's a positive.

When we hold up to teams that run and gun, then we'll be on our way. For some time, we haven't been able to contain the teams that play a free flowing game-style. It's not so much about where they are on the ladder. It's about the game-style that we match up well against, or poorly against. Our zone currently provides easy goals on a platter for teams that have a strong outside game.

It looks like its all a fitness and effort problem but that's not it. Whenever I've looked at our GPS numbers, we've been equal to or higher than our opponents in distance travelled. So it looks bad because players are caught out of position in the zone, spend too much time chasing tail, and look slow while changing direction. Fisher did the same to them when he kicked that goal from just inside 50. Caught them wrong footed. We're probably working harder than the opposition because we are so often caught out of position as a result of turnovers.

I agree that the skill level is poor but I'm confident that it's more a confidence issue with the kids. When they get a little more experience, they won't get that mad adrenaline rush when they get the ball, or feel rushed and panic. They'll have been in those situations a few times and get it right more often than they do now. Obviously, our senior players are making skill errors because many of them are place holders who are skill capped. We know what we're going to get from players like Sammy Rowe week in week out. He's not going to make team of the week, but until someone can perform his role better, he'll try his guts out for the jumper. I don't want to create a list in this post but I'll put something together for the list management thread during the week.

We lost/traded players who had currency, and the senior players that remain are currently average at best. We spent those picks on youth. Our growth will come from getting games into those kids and playing them together. Cohesion isn't just a Bolton cliché. Some of those kids will work out, some won't. But we need to spend every spare cent/spare minute on developing them into the best footballers they can be.

Last thing I've got to get off my chest is the posters who blame SOS for getting in players like:

Lang - Pick 58
Lobbe - Pick 95
O'Shea - Preseason Draft (that no one has used since 2014)...FREE
Palmer - Pick 135
Shaw - Rookie
Mullet - DFA

Seriously, it's not a fail if none of these players are AFL standard. It's a dice roll that you're not expecting to win. But if even one of those players worked, its a win. They weren't picked instead of some AFL superstar who was begging to come to us. There are only so many players available, and there are only so many kids you can pick. If they don't work, you move them on and try other players. Some of these pick ups were salary dumps that facilitated other trades.

We have no choice but to take a deep breath, and battle through the last few games (like we expect our players to) with our scarfs high in the air. Show the media that we still love our club, and show prospective free agents that we don't snipe our club when times are tough. We are a part of our clubs culture.

At the end of the year, we'll move on some players that didn't work out, we'll bring in some exciting new players, and we'll get another pre-season into our talented youth. We'll probably take a different approach with the game plan and structure for 2019, and we'll jump really quickly.

GO BLUES

Whinging would mean continuous. Strange that I post a standalone comment, here or there, yet only the pessimists seem to be offended. Don't mistaken my realism for optimism, I am very clear where we are as a club and the holes in our list.

If you or anyone else want remain so shortsighted as to this phase, that is your prerogative, yet I don't understand why you would then be offended

By all means, be critical of areas that displeases you, but surely some balance, as there is clearly many aspects of what we are doing, that should give you and others a positive perspective.

If you truly see, no positives, no light at the end, then what else would you do, but just walk away, rather than the constant negative rhetoric

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had the advantage of a full nights sleep after the game, so I'm not as emotionally raw as I would have been if I posted straight after the game.

I'm not going to buy into whether clubs respect or disrespect us. Their mindset is not my immediate concern although it will play a part in luring senior players from other clubs during the trade period. I definitely think the players care as a whole. No one likes losing and no one is deliberately throwing away their football career. To keep perspective though, there are some players who aren't up to the grade. We can only play who we've got for now, unless they introduce mid-season trade windows like the EPL. We're getting games into the kids and that's a positive.

When we hold up to teams that run and gun, then we'll be on our way. For some time, we haven't been able to contain the teams that play a free flowing game-style. It's not so much about where they are on the ladder. It's about the game-style that we match up well against, or poorly against. Our zone currently provides easy goals on a platter for teams that have a strong outside game.

It looks like its all a fitness and effort problem but that's not it. Whenever I've looked at our GPS numbers, we've been equal to or higher than our opponents in distance travelled. So it looks bad because players are caught out of position in the zone, spend too much time chasing tail, and look slow while changing direction. Fisher did the same to them when he kicked that goal from just inside 50. Caught them wrong footed. We're probably working harder than the opposition because we are so often caught out of position as a result of turnovers.

I agree that the skill level is poor but I'm confident that it's more a confidence issue with the kids. When they get a little more experience, they won't get that mad adrenaline rush when they get the ball, or feel rushed and panic. They'll have been in those situations a few times and get it right more often than they do now. Obviously, our senior players are making skill errors because many of them are place holders who are skill capped. We know what we're going to get from players like Sammy Rowe week in week out. He's not going to make team of the week, but until someone can perform his role better, he'll try his guts out for the jumper. I don't want to create a list in this post but I'll put something together for the list management thread during the week.

We lost/traded players who had currency, and the senior players that remain are currently average at best. We spent those picks on youth. Our growth will come from getting games into those kids and playing them together. Cohesion isn't just a Bolton cliché. Some of those kids will work out, some won't. But we need to spend every spare cent/spare minute on developing them into the best footballers they can be.

Last thing I've got to get off my chest is the posters who blame SOS for getting in players like:

Lang - Pick 58
Lobbe - Pick 95
O'Shea - Preseason Draft (that no one has used since 2014)...FREE
Palmer - Pick 135
Shaw - Rookie
Mullet - DFA

Seriously, it's not a fail if none of these players are AFL standard. It's a dice roll that you're not expecting to win. But if even one of those players worked, its a win. They weren't picked instead of some AFL superstar who was begging to come to us. There are only so many players available, and there are only so many kids you can pick. If they don't work, you move them on and try other players. Some of these pick ups were salary dumps that facilitated other trades.

We have no choice but to take a deep breath, and battle through the last few games (like we expect our players to) with our scarfs high in the air. Show the media that we still love our club, and show prospective free agents that we don't snipe our club when times are tough. We are a part of our clubs culture.

At the end of the year, we'll move on some players that didn't work out, we'll bring in some exciting new players, and we'll get another pre-season into our talented youth. We'll probably take a different approach with the game plan and structure for 2019, and we'll jump really quickly.

GO BLUES
Damn good post, this one.

Did like Big H’s lead up work early on.

Went out the window when Krooz went down, but he still managed to get his own footy.
Was trying to watch his second efforts and work off the ball as closely as the tv would allow, and I didn't really see anything that was disappointing from H. Maybe the messages are getting through and hit fitness is improving?

Wasn't specifically referencing you - there's plenty of that crap in this thread that I'm talking about. And it often comes from people who only like to log in after a loss, or so it seems to me anyway.

I agree our game plan isn't working and needs changing. The degree to which the cattle we have to choose from affects all that is a big question mark though.

It's really hard to level that criticism when we are losing every single week. Hard to log in after a win when no such thing exists.

What did people think of Garlett's performance?

While I didn't think he was particularly effective, he did seem to involve himself in contested situations a lot more.
He's an almost footballer. Has a lot of run and gets around the play a fair bit, but just doesn't quite impact the play or finish off his forward work just yet. Still only 21 years old and coming from a bit further back than most his age. Worth sticking with for a while IMO.

Harry played very well tonight I thought for the amount of time we sent the ball forward.

I keep saying it, if Bolton hadn’t have been so stubborn in this 66 game (3 year) window) until the pressure finally forced him to, a player like McKay could have had 20 plus games under his belt at this stage and we would have been further along into the rebuild.
Same with Kerr and any other kid who was available and fit throughout the year.

Instead Bolton preferred to waste the year playing the likes of O’Shea, Lamb, Rowe, Wright, Shaw, Kerridge, Graham etc at various stages instead of any kids that were available and we still are going to end the year with our worst year ever in terms of win/loss.

So now we go into next year (4th of rebuild) with some of our youngsters still needing plenty more game time just to see if they are good enough to make it long term, which ultimately means the rebuild takes even longer.

Disgusting by Bolton, if as he kept preaching that win and losses weren’t the metric to judge us by this year, why the he’ll didn’t he use every available chance to get games into any young kid that was fit rather than continue to play the old plodders that are hampering the development of the kids we do have on the park by making the kids and rest of team have to carry this plodders week in week out.
want you to watch this short documentary and let me know your thoughts with regard to your journey as a carlton supporter this season - thanks

Carlton needs a further cull and not only Players
Fully agree. Every position in the club needs to be reviewed. Every one. From the Pres to Coach to boot studder to the receptionist. A total review of all positions.

Whoever decided the NAVY BLUES should wear that putrid grey thing should be sacked immediately. Can you imagine Big Nick playing in that uniform? Diesel? Ryhs-Jones? WOW Jones? Dominator? They would have punched out the property steward who tried to hand it to them- and rightly so. Utter disgrace.

It's really hard to level that criticism when we are losing every single week. Hard to log in after a win when no such thing exists.
Yeah fair points and I think sometimes people get trigger-happy calling out negative posts, but when there's no substance to those posts, I think it's fair.

Needs to be a cooling-off feature you can enable where BF doesn't let you post for 24 hours after your team loses if you enable it. Like that app that blocks you texting an ex when you're drunk lol

Yeah fair points and I think sometimes people get trigger-happy calling out negative posts, but when there's no substance to those posts, I think it's fair.

Needs to be a cooling-off feature you can enable where BF doesn't let you post for 24 hours after your team loses if you enable it. Like that app that blocks you texting an ex when you're drunk lol

Fair, but our current win/loss (and overall lack of competitiveness) should be enough substance in and of itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2018 Rd 17 Kreuzer out early, another terrible loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back