List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.

I went for a long run last night & have a shit load of positive endorphins flowing through me today.

I’m changing my tune. :eek:

I say we get Hannebery if we can. I was super impressed in him yesterday to have that sort of influence in a game whilst still being that rusty. That sort of physicality, work rate & endeavour is severely lacking in our squad & will give our midfield a huge boost.

If downgrading pick 4 can get us Hannebery & Taryn Thomas, Connor Rozee or Jackson Hately - I say do it.

I’d also think about replacing Koby Stevens with a guy I’ve always liked & that is Cam Ellis Yolmen. A player like Koby who knows what it takes to work hard & return from serious injury (ACL) can only improve the group.

As for all the off field stuff I’ve said about Hanners, I still stand by it & believe we’ll need to keep a close watch on him, but have warmed to the idea & just feel that if a guy like him is gettable, then you ******* get him!

Thomas is a North academy player. We won't be getting him.

If the club traded Seb Ross we would be the laughing stock of the AFL.

A 25 year old midfielder with 100 games experience.

Seems like the type of player we are chasing, not looking at trading out.

To do what, draft another midfielder with a mid to late first round pick and have to wait 7 years to see if he is as good as Ross?

The club will surely look to bolster the midfield and add quality around him instead of letting him go.

I think it sounds like we might be shopping Billings and a few other high profile mid career guys. Seriously it's been mentioned on several different programs that big off season changes are coming and that Billings should be on the table....and sold as a positive. Someone this morning said JB wouldn't even be worth a first round pick but that it should happen...

I really hope this isn't Lethlean putting it out there to make it palatable. I have nearly had enough of the club as it is. I reckon this trade and draft period might be it for my love of the club. I really don't enjoy what the club provides any more and they are just causing me frustration.

I'm not sure we have a development issue...

We sure as f*** have a "players in their prime" issue.

Apart from Carlisle we don't have a player over 25 in the top 10 (maybe Robbo) in their position.

Our players under 25 aren't the problem. They can all play, we look at Bont, Cripps, Merrett, Crouch and wonder where our guys are. They are there, they just don't play in the midfield (much to our dissapointment). IMO if we had a new midfield coach he would insist on JB on a wing and Gresh 70/30 in the guts, same

It's officially time to move past Stuv being our main man..

For the good of the side he needs to be traded or played out of the midfield for this and next year.

Added to that it'd be poor management to trade out our kids at this stage for 25-30 year olds.

I agree but we aren't ready to move past Stuv, we need to play him as a forward pocket with runs on the ball rather than expecting him to be a one man midfield though so that we have a new group coming on.

If the club traded Seb Ross we would be the laughing stock of the AFL.

A 25 year old midfielder with 100 games experience.

Seems like the type of player we are chasing, not looking at trading out.

To do what, draft another midfielder with a mid to late first round pick and have to wait 7 years to see if he is as good as Ross?

The club will surely look to bolster the midfield and add quality around him instead of letting him go.
100% agree. We need to get mids in which will free up Stub and Ross. Change whole team dynamic. 2 class mids will relieve pressure on backline and class mids will educate the kids. Imagine Great, Clarke and JB for example learning from Hanners or Gaff?!
However believe that our off field recruiting could be even more important.

Not a word from Sydney all weekend stating he will not be traded. I find that interesting. They've made comment, but nothing to suggest it definitely wont happen. If he was required I would have thought Longmire and Harley would have been much stronger in their support.
Possible finals might have something to do with it...

I think it sounds like we might be shopping Billings and a few other high profile mid career guys. Seriously it's been mentioned on several different programs that big off season changes are coming and that Billings should be on the table....and sold as a positive. Someone this morning said JB wouldn't even be worth a first round pick but that it should happen...

I really hope this isn't Lethlean putting it out there to make it palatable. I have nearly had enough of the club as it is. I reckon this trade and draft period might be it for my love of the club. I really don't enjoy what the club provides any more and they are just causing me frustration.
Or it might be speculative bs from a bunch of peanuts, who unlike ourselves, are paid to talk shut all day about footy.

Besides, I thought you'd be happy to get rid of the player you call a peahearted bed wetter...

I've heard a couple have said that we should or could trade Billings, but I'm yet to hear anything from the media suggesting that the club is actually considering it.

Trading him for a second year pick would be stupidity. Trading him at all would be mad IMO, but we'd have to get something very high for him if it happened.

Sounds like you need to take a bit of time out mate, you are letting things that aren't even real frustrate you. Take an early post season trip and come back to pre season fresh and ready to go!

Or it might be speculative bs from a bunch of peanuts, who unlike ourselves, are paid to talk shut all day about footy.

Besides, I thought you'd be happy to get rid of the player you call a peahearted bed wetter...

I did say that once in a moment of frustration, but I have been an advocate for him most of the time. He's still better than most we have and you don't get better selling off the good players. We need to make the most of what we have and add to the talent pool or suffer from what Melbourne has for years.

I've heard a couple have said that we should or could trade Billings, but I'm yet to hear anything from the media suggesting that the club is actually considering it.

Trading him for a second year pick would be stupidity. Trading him at all would be mad IMO, but we'd have to get something very high for him if it happened.

Sounds like you need to take a bit of time out mate, you are letting things that aren't even real frustrate you. Take an early post season trip and come back to pre season fresh and ready to go!

I'm alright, I just don't have faith in the club to self manage themselves. I will leave you alone to your positivity club if we **** it all up though. It will be the one bonus of being shit for a bit longer.

I'm not sure we have a development issue...

We sure as f*** have a "players in their prime" issue.

Apart from Carlisle we don't have a player over 25 in the top 10 (maybe Robbo) in their position.

Our players under 25 aren't the problem. They can all play, we look at Bont, Cripps, Merrett, Crouch and wonder where our guys are. They are there, they just don't play in the midfield (much to our dissapointment). IMO if we had a new midfield coach he would insist on JB on a wing and Gresh 70/30 in the guts, same

It's officially time to move past Stuv being our main man..

For the good of the side he needs to be traded or played out of the midfield for this and next year.

Added to that it'd be poor management to trade out our kids at this stage for 25-30 year olds.
And that's a good point , even Jake at 26 looks like a very old 26 yo at times , i wouldn't bank on him being around at 30 , he is either injured or he has lost some pace , not that he was ever quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's a good point , even Jake at 26 looks like a very old 26 yo at times , i wouldn't bank on him being around at 30 , he is either injured or he has lost some pace , not that he was ever quick
Or he just cbf, playing in that back line would be no fun at all and he knows 10 minutes left in the 3rd he is going to the forward line.
Its the only move Mr Bean has

Well somebody this-morning is a fuc*ing moron

I'd suggest its purely David King having a small stiffy when he imagines JB in a Norf jumper.

At least JB's value is increasing in Roly Poly's eyes; a few weeks back he was worth a 2nd rounder (but Goldstein is apparently worth a 1st). Now he's worked his way up to pick #10.

GEELONG forward Daniel Menzel is being chased by St Kilda.
The club has already made an initial pitch to his manager Adam Ramanauskas and the free agent is aware of St Kilda’s interest. No formal offer has yet been made.

The Saints are considering putting a multi-year deal on the table for Menzel in a bid to lure him out of the Cattery at season’s end.

The 26-year-old’s strong preference is to stay at Geelong but is open to longer-term offers than the one-year deal the Cats will likely present.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ex...l/news-story/a24921b3c7395caf71c63a2690bf5191

What's wrong with Menzel as a free agent? $180k pa plus incentives is a pittance in AFL terms to improve our bottom six.

Gaff, Lycett and Menzel would only cost cash. Hanners looks to be a salary dump and Stuv would be twice the player he is today with a fit Hanners helping him in the middle. Polec is a good value bet for exactly what our list needs.

Personally I'm happy that we are actively trying to spend our warchest as opposed to overpaying the blokes who are currently taking the piss at the club.

No complaints going after Menzel. We need to pay someone, and offering Menzel 2-3 years at around $300k (which is an enormous jump from his current contract in $ and years) seems to me to be a worthy risk. Or we can keep paying way inflated contracts to the likes of Newnes and Weller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back