List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Menzel as a free agent? $180k pa plus incentives is a pittance in AFL terms to improve our bottom six.

Gaff, Lycett and Menzel would only cost cash. Hanners looks to be a salary dump and Stuv would be twice the player he is today with a fit Hanners helping him in the middle. Polec is a good value bet for exactly what our list needs.

Personally I'm happy that we are actively trying to spend our warchest as opposed to overpaying the blokes who are currently taking the piss at the club.
I suggested him earlier this year.

People laughed...

On one hand, I like the initiative to bring in a capable forward to release Billings and Gresham up the field. He is a known scorer and would add something we are missing up forward.

On the other hand, you dont offer a "multi-year" deal to someone with his fragile body. A two year deal, with A LOT of trigger clauses would be fine.

On one hand, I like the initiative to bring in a capable forward to release Billings and Gresham up the field. He is a known scorer and would add something we are missing up forward.

On the other hand, you dont offer a "multi-year" deal to someone with his fragile body. A two year deal, with A LOT of trigger clauses would be fine.
Can mark, can kick straight. Pass.

Menzel is a gun. Always loved him as a player. Would be a great get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, he's averaging more goals a game than any of our forwards.

As I said in the draft board, he wouldn't be a bad pick up for nothing, but it would mean that one of Bruce or Paddy would likely be playing VFL you would think.

Long - Membrey - Gresham
Rankine - Bruce - Menzel

I wouldn't be devestated if we missed him, but really what's the harm in getting him I suppose?

As I said in the draft board, he wouldn't be a bad pick up for nothing, but it would mean that one of Bruce or Paddy would likely be playing VFL you would think.

Long - Membrey - Gresham
Rankine - Bruce - Menzel

I wouldn't be devestated if we missed him, but really what's the harm in getting him I suppose?

Yeah, I agree, he's not really a pressure forward but we have lots of pressure and no scoring power ATM.

Long - Membrey - Gresham
Rankine - Bruce - Menzel

Trade Bruce for a decent pick. Replace with Menzel.

Another experienced senior player from an elite system.

Notice a pattern?

Does this mean we’re moving away from a forward pressure game plan? Him and paddy chatting in the goal square as defenders waltz through our structures - I can picture the melts now
Richo going to turn him into a Half back flanker

Love the Menzel news. Is a goal kicker and dangerous forward. Knows where they are. Something we need. Get him for cheap and we're laughing. We are that full of cash that we can afford to do deals like this and if it doesn't work out we don't suffer much from it.

Get him in!

About 30 extra goals per season...

Averaging more goals a game that anyone currently in our side, tall or small

Thanks lads, I legitimately did not know much about him other than his punchable face and his broken body.
If it releases Billings/Gresh to a more damaging role and the price is right with clauses - then go for it....

Still has a punchable face tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back