List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menzel, newnes and paddy in the fwd 50. Pressure overload.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unless Paddy comes back in ripping shape, I don't see him being an automatic selection. He got games on the back of being pick 1.

Rather see us get games into Battle at this stage.

Newnes might be traded or we fix his shoulder so he can tackle again.

Love the Menzel news. Is a goal kicker and dangerous forward. Knows where they are. Something we need. Get him for cheap and we're laughing. We are that full of cash that we can afford to do deals like this and if it doesn't work out we don't suffer much from it.

Get him in!
Yes we do suffer because it means our list management is still poor

Unless Paddy comes back in ripping shape, I don't see him being an automatic selection. He got games on the back of being pick 1.

Rather see us get games into Battle at this stage.

Newnes might be traded or we fix his shoulder so he can tackle again.
at least Menzial can kick straight and can also be used as our goal kicking coach

Love this forum.

We don't get anyone 'Oh we are useless, we can't get anyone'

We go for experience ' Oh how desperate are we'

FMD the poor Kent's can't win.

Saying that, Hanners (Who McClure just said is confident ee will get the trade done) and Mendel (Who wants to stay at the Cats but may move for the longer contract) are both injury risks especially Menzel.

A really good forward but can't get on the Park.

Is cash only so would be better than Wright or Minch on the list even for only 10 or so games a year.

I think it sounds like we might be shopping Billings and a few other high profile mid career guys. Seriously it's been mentioned on several different programs that big off season changes are coming and that Billings should be on the table....and sold as a positive. Someone this morning said JB wouldn't even be worth a first round pick but that it should happen...

I really hope this isn't Lethlean putting it out there to make it palatable. I have nearly had enough of the club as it is. I reckon this trade and draft period might be it for my love of the club. I really don't enjoy what the club provides any more and they are just causing me frustration.

I would be seriously p...d off if we traded him. Surely they can’t be so stupid?
One of our better users of the ball...why would you? 4th in the league for goal assists. I want to see him develop further with some hopefully decent assistants we bring in.

Is there any chance we will target someone who is fit and has a good injury history.

That’s our latest genius strategy to offer multiple years to guys other teams consider too big a risk for anything longer than 12 months.

I give up trade pick 3 or 4 for that poor bugger from the swans.

I can barely contain myself I want to go big Kev, I’m excited.

Is there any chance we will target someone who is fit and has a good injury history.

That’s our latest genius strategy to offer multiple years to guys other teams consider too big a risk for anything longer than 12 months.

I give up trade pick 3 or 4 for that poor bugger from the swans.

I can barely contain myself I want to go big Kev, I’m excited.
One player, Menzel.

Hanners has a three year contract and Lycett will be wanted by the Eagles

Rankine or Menzel for #44.

Chuck it in the wash with a tub of napisan first.

We want some flogs who know where the goals are.

Menzel may be on the way to the glue factory, but the campaigner has rare goal sense.

Even if he only plays a handful of games, it'd be good to see him, Rankine & Gresh competing for the biggest show pony flog award. Even just to get a bit of hatred back from opposition fans.

Got to start somewhere. And we are rock bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One player, Menzel.

One player, Menzel.

Two if you acknowledge that Sydney must want out of hanneberys contract or we wouldn’t be in the picture.

Lycett imo is bog average, this guy has never been a first choice ruckman.

If we want some experienced players who can play for a year or two there will be a few available for peanuts, just watch who’s out there during the trade period.

Love this forum.

We don't get anyone 'Oh we are useless, we can't get anyone'

We go for experience ' Oh how desperate are we'

FMD the poor Kent's can't win.

Saying that, Hanners (Who McClure just said is confident ee will get the trade done) and Mendel (Who wants to stay at the Cats but may move for the longer contract) are both injury risks especially Menzel.

A really good forward but can't get on the Park.

Is cash only so would be better than Wright or Minch on the list even for only 10 or so games a year.

Menzel is a class player would only make our forward line better.

yeah that blew us away how spud said he lost 5 kg , why was he playing if he was not the best shape he could be / total bulls/ht
Was a pretty good laugh when someone posted this photo as an example of the good shape Paddy's gotten into though lmao

06f46691557546f078740d48fea410c6

Two if you acknowledge that Sydney must want out of hanneberys contract or we wouldn’t be in the picture.

If we want some experienced players who can play for a year or two there will be a few available for peanuts, just watch who’s out there during the trade period.
Lycett and Menzal would both be free...?

Why pay peanuts for experienced players when you can get them for free? I don't understand

Lycett and Menzal would both be free...?

Why pay peanuts for experienced players when you can get them for free? I don't understand
Throw away picks and modest contracts.

These guys are free agents but will command big dollars over multiple years.

Mate we've got more than 2 or 3 spuds that could easily be upgraded for cheap. A significant amount more. Few blokes held together with duct tape shouldn't stop other additions.

Lycett is better than average - at the start of his career had injuries and then Nic Nat was ahead of him - he would be a lot better than what we have however our chances of getting him are low , because Port will get him if he leaves West coast.

Menzel has had four knee reconstructions however is class and would be go good fit into the side - if he holds up I would take him why not he is a free agent - he is better than Weller so why not get him

On one hand, I like the initiative to bring in a capable forward to release Billings and Gresham up the field. He is a known scorer and would add something we are missing up forward.

On the other hand, you dont offer a "multi-year" deal to someone with his fragile body. A two year deal, with A LOT of trigger clauses would be fine.
It would most likely be a 2 year deal with a games-played trigger for a 3rd. we wouldn't offer him 3 or 4 years straight up.

Honestly haven’t given too much thought to this - so bare me, don’t tear me.

If Adelaide are keen to pick swap. Would we do their pick 8 & 19 or there abouts for pick 4.

Swap pick 8 for Hanners & another decent player if available, say Lloyd?

Or just the 19 for Hanners, that I’ve seen thrown around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back