List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its different watching Richmond play , almost Rugby league like , stack up behind the ball and just keep moving ball forward at all cost .
GWS style of uncontested marking and hitting up targets mite upset them .
That’s exactly what it looked like Richmond were able to impose that frenetic game style and the hawks couldn’t slow it down or get into the corridor.

Richmond run so hard both ways the numbers they were able to get to the contest to out number the opposition was very impressive.

Last edited:
Hang in there Gringo, hopefully the club keeps building up the star studded coaching department and we should expect to see big improvement in lead up games before Rd1 .
Would be brilliant to add ready made class to help out but if not then mite as well pick the best possible kids early and top up with depth type .
Strap yourself in and enjoy the circus of trade week .
I'm excited about our future because we have so many kids with so much potential and now we are removing the players who have been stunting our growth we should move forward from here.

Steele is heading in the right direction and if he keeps improving as you can see below showing the stats of Hayes and Steele at age 22 he is going to become a star for the club as he showed when he beat Ward , Oliver and came out even against Cripps and did very well against Mitchell
2017 Stats for Season 2002
Steele age 22 - Hayes age 22
20 Games 20
7.6 Kicks Per Game 10.0
Handballs Per Game 10.2
22.1 Disposals Per Game 20.1
3.2 Marks Per Game 3.3
0.3 Goals Per Game 0.3
0.4 Behinds Per Game 0.2
7.9 Tackles Per Game 5.0

Acres / ball winner will be a 30 touches a game player
Billings / class - just needs the ball delivered better
Gresham / freak when on his game
Hunter / class
Coffield / class
Paton / class
Battle / tough at the contest - looking good
Long / has shown great skills and attacks the footy
Phillips / tracking as well as his brother and if he becomes as good or better he will be a star - elite runner
White / attacks the ball and will be in our best 22
McKenzie / another like White , given games this year and has shown he has the ability to be a good player for us
Marshall / the prospect - gets the ball a lot for the big guy - can mark , mobile and can ruck - will be very handy

I feel Billings is the same type of player as Smith is for Hawks and if you look at the stats of both at 23 , Billings is tracking
better so he is going to be a very good player.
Billings - Smith
2018 Stats for Season 2011
21 Games 16
10.9 Kicks Per Game 11.1
Handballs Per Game 7.7
21.9 Disposals Per Game 18.8
4.8 Marks Per Game 6.2
0.7 Goals Per Game 1.2
Behinds Per Game 0.6
2.8 Tackles Per Game 2.5
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
4.2 Inside 50s Per Game 3.7
1.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.6
0.9 Frees For Per Game 0.6

With all these young guys we are tracking well and this year we actually got some games into them which is great because it gives them a chance to see the speed of the game and they will improve out of sight next year.

Check the stats on Austin and Rance at the same age // Austin is tracking very well at age 23 - this kid hasn't really been given a chance and he is tracking way better than Rance at the same age - people look over to the other clubs and think there squads look better - well I'm telling you we have some very good up and coming stars in this team and our squad is looking stronger than a lot of the other clubs - we have talent ,but they are young - another year into them will be great.

Austin - Rance
2018 Stats for Season 2012
7 Games 22
Kicks Per Game 10.7
7.7 Handballs Per Game 7.2
19.7 Disposals Per Game 17.9
7.6 Marks Per Game 6.2
0 Goals Per Game 0
0.1 Behinds Per Game 0
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.2
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.6 Inside 50s Per Game 1.4
0.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.2
0.6 Frees For Per Game 1.7
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 1.4
4.1 Contested Possessions Per Game 7.2
Uncontested Possessions Per Game 11.2
16.3 Effective Disposals Per Game 14.4
82.7% Disposal Efficiency % Per Game 80.4%
1.7 Clangers Per Game 3.0
0.6 Contested Marks Per Game 0.8
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0
0.4 Clearances Per Game 0.3
3.7 Rebound 50s Per Game 3.9
4.9 One Percenters Per Game 7.6
0 Bounces Per Game 0.8
92.7 Time On Ground % Per Game 96.9

Go Saints

I’d say we do want Steven, but trading him at an optimum time could benefit us in the long term. Are we going to contend in the next 3 years? Probably not. Jack then 32,33?

What can we get trading him? No idea. And I do agree you need a core of Senior players around the youngsters. Would have to be a very good deal. But it is something a strong minded club might do.
And get another Paddy - Billings or Arces.
Sorry don't mean to be so negative

And get another Paddy - Billings or Arces.
Sorry don't mean to be so negative
Thing is....if we do nothing we are equally doomed. I am expecting us to have a dip in some way. Maybe it is this, maybe it isn’t. As I said earlier, I am not advocating it. Just trying to put in perspective.

I’d say we do want Steven, but trading him at an optimum time could benefit us in the long term. Are we going to contend in the next 3 years? Probably not. Jack then 32,33?

What can we get trading him? No idea. And I do agree you need a core of Senior players around the youngsters. Would have to be a very good deal. But it is something a strong minded club might do.
We have managed to screw it up as per usual, in an ideal world it’s best to trade a player a year early rather than a year too late.

So we have Steven with considerable value who goes now or is a saint for life. We desperately need high end young talent but we also need a talented experienced older brigade to help bring them on and to stop us getting thrashed.

Personally if jack wants out and the deal is good enough perhaps pick 5 and a player I would do it. Then add Hannebery for cap and peanuts offer goddard 1 year and a coaching gig.

I was certainly interested to read/hear over the preseason how Melbourne's preseason training sessions were all about contests and winning contested ball, etc, whereas ours was said to be mainly focused on working on our transition.

As a result, our inside numbers dropped off dramatically and unlike Melbourne, the area we did really emphasise at training didn't improve much, if at all.

Last year we finished 3rd in the comp for clearance differential, and in the 2nd half of the year we were winning the clearances pretty much every week, and also winning the CP battle most weeks towards the end of the year, yet this year we've come dead-last for total clearances and also for CP's!?

It's a huge drop-off and to see our tackle numbers also so low (last year we were 2nd behind Richmond for forward 50 tackles) is also alarming.

No wonder some are saying we've completely lost our "brand".

It also suggests that our drop-off this year was the result of a lot more than just losing Roo and Joey, as I don't remember them winning too many clearances or CP's, or laying a heap of tackles.

Koby Stevens did though, so we may have missed him more than he's given credit for.

We also had Longer winning the hitouts most weeks then as well, and our ability to win clearances seems to strongly correlate to whether we're competitive in the ruck contests or not.

Early last year and basically all this year we weren't, and those times correlated with us being bottom 2 for clearances during those periods. Conversely, when Longer was consistently winning the ruck contests in 2017, we were top 2 or 3 for clearance differential during that period.
I know he's slow around the ground and didn't have a good year, but I still feel his ruck work helps us as a team play better, and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Hickey and run with a combo of Hickey/Marshall/Pierce next year.

I'm excited about our future because we have so many kids with so much potential and now we are removing the players who have been stunting our growth we should move forward from here.

Steele is heading in the right direction and if he keeps improving as you can see below showing the stats of Hayes and Steele at age 22 he is going to become a star for the club as he showed when he beat Ward , Oliver and came out even against Cripps and did very well against Mitchell
2017 Stats for Season 2002
Steele age 22 - Hayes age 22
20 Games 20
7.6 Kicks Per Game 10.0
Handballs Per Game 10.2
22.1 Disposals Per Game 20.1
3.2 Marks Per Game 3.3
0.3 Goals Per Game 0.3
0.4 Behinds Per Game 0.2
7.9 Tackles Per Game 5.0

Acres / ball winner will be a 30 touches a game player
Billings / class - just needs the ball delivered better
Gresham / freak when on his game
Hunter / class
Coffield / class
Paton / class
Battle / tough at the contest - looking good
Long / has shown great skills and attacks the footy
Phillips / tracking as well as his brother and if he becomes as good or better he will be a star - elite runner
White / attacks the ball and will be in our best 22
McKenzie / another like White , given games this year and has shown he has the ability to be a good player for us
Marshall / the prospect - gets the ball a lot for the big guy - can mark , mobile and can ruck - will be very handy

I feel Billings is the same type of player as Smith is for Hawks and if you look at the stats of both at 23 , Billings is tracking
better so he is going to be a very good player.
Billings - Smith
2018 Stats for Season 2011
21 Games 16
10.9 Kicks Per Game 11.1
Handballs Per Game 7.7
21.9 Disposals Per Game 18.8
4.8 Marks Per Game 6.2
0.7 Goals Per Game 1.2
Behinds Per Game 0.6
2.8 Tackles Per Game 2.5
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
4.2 Inside 50s Per Game 3.7
1.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.6
0.9 Frees For Per Game 0.6

With all these young guys we are tracking well and this year we actually got some games into them which is great because it gives them a chance to see the speed of the game and they will improve out of sight next year.

Check the stats on Austin and Rance at the same age // Austin is tracking very well at age 23 - this kid hasn't really been given a chance and he is tracking way better than Rance at the same age - people look over to the other clubs and think there squads look better - well I'm telling you we have some very good up and coming stars in this team and our squad is looking stronger than a lot of the other clubs - we have talent ,but they are young - another year into them will be great.

Austin - Rance
2018 Stats for Season 2012
7 Games 22
Kicks Per Game 10.7
7.7 Handballs Per Game 7.2
19.7 Disposals Per Game 17.9
7.6 Marks Per Game 6.2
0 Goals Per Game 0
0.1 Behinds Per Game 0
1.7 Tackles Per Game 2.2
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.6 Inside 50s Per Game 1.4
0.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.2
0.6 Frees For Per Game 1.7
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 1.4
4.1 Contested Possessions Per Game 7.2
Uncontested Possessions Per Game 11.2
16.3 Effective Disposals Per Game 14.4
82.7% Disposal Efficiency % Per Game 80.4%
1.7 Clangers Per Game 3.0
0.6 Contested Marks Per Game 0.8
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0
0.4 Clearances Per Game 0.3
3.7 Rebound 50s Per Game 3.9
4.9 One Percenters Per Game 7.6
0 Bounces Per Game 0.8
92.7 Time On Ground % Per Game 96.9

Go Saints
Well said as usual premium!

I'm meant to be negative, but I don't think we need to slash and burn the list. People wanting to kill our on field list off are insane. We will kill ourselcves off if we decide to bottom out. Selling off someone like Stuv who is a gun for a guy like Hanners is madness. He's shit now.

If Stuv gets us , say a pick 6 !
I will personally drive to the cattery.
Hanneberry must come to us for a 2nd rounder or dont bother .
His leadership is needed , good talker , will eye ball players pulling out of contests .
Want !
Not having Steven , they would be forced to play Gresham and Acres in the middle - one of them will have to step up big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm meant to be negative, but I don't think we need to slash and burn the list. People wanting to kill our on field list off are insane. We will kill ourselcves off if we decide to bottom out. Selling off someone like Stuv who is a gun for a guy like Hanners is madness. He's shit now.
If it happened I think those are two separate things. Stuv is getting in picks that wouldn't be used on Hannebury. At least that's how I would see it. More to play out. I think wait for the whole picture.

If indeed this is happening at all!!

If it happened I think those are two separate things. Stuv is getting in picks that wouldn't be used on Hannebury. At least that's how I would see it. More to play out. I think wait for the whole picture.

66 you are right , there is a lot to play out and at the moment we are just testing the water , to see what will be available - just hoping we get a couple very good players to help our kids - we need a leader

A 7 minute sabbatical. Feel better?

3 hours. And enormously. Have to get some perspective over this situation. Can’t guarantee it’ll last though. :straining:

"Lets get rid of goddard, dal, mcevoy and well be better for it"~2013
mid this year- "biggest mistake was trading them for picks when we cant develop quality players"
now-"lets trade stuv for a pick"
Bigfooty saints page is genuine cancer.
Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results so...

Also, when cats were on the down all it took was danger to shoot them back up. we've had a shit year with huge salary cap room. launch it all at a shiel. (not saying sheil is danger just a comparison )

Swans want an early pick from us so they don't have to use pick say 14 on Blakey. No one will bid for him in the top 4 so they only use a second and third rounder on him. Tell Swans we will take Heeney and they can keep Hannebery and his inflated wage for another three years. We r desperate but not that desperate to get players to our club. If he was that good why would Swans be trying to get rid of him. They will look to get Darby Moore in but not at our expense. Go to the draft and get a gun for ten plus years not a fill for three who is a slow midfield hack

Also, when cats were on the down all it took was danger to shoot them back up. we've had a shit year with huge salary cap room. launch it all at a shiel. (not saying sheil is danger just a comparison )

Geelong have never been down technically.
Since year 2000 missed top 8 4 times
We are 11 times .
Just thought it interesting.

I don’t want jack to leave but if he wants out and demands a trade now is the time if the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back