List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righto, if we’re trading Steven for draft picks then we’re in a rebuild.

Here is my rebuild trade.

Geelong receive pick 4 via Neale to brissy and Kelly to Freo.

Stuv and Paddy to Geelong for pick 4 and Geelongs first (15is)

Acres and 15 (or our PP if we can get away with it) to Freo for pick 5.

Hit the draft with picks 3,4, and 5. (3 of Max King, Walsh, Rankin and Smith please)

Enjoy being awefull for the next 6 odd years, but with 5 top 10 talents over 2 years then we might have a hope of a flag at some point.
The prob is those new players or others will want to get the f@#k out the place and won’t re sign anyway. Who’s gonna break the lines without Steven? Ross?

The prob is those new players or others will want to get the f@#k out the place and won’t re sign anyway. Who’s gonna break the lines without Steven? Ross?
No argument here. I was only posing a trade that would support a rebuild. I’m confident that stuv will be in the RWB next year and that’s my preference.

However, if we did go down the rebuild stage (actually I think we do it anyway) I would like to see us bring in some on field coaches, players like Roughhead.

Having said that, part of me looks at teams like Melbs and think if we want to play finals and actually contend then we have to build the talent through the draft like they have. Comparing ourselves to the Halks or Geelong or Collingwood with their topping up strategy isn’t an option for us because we are a St Kilda.

So after their effort tonight with the lack of an experienced ruckman.... Do you think Geelong would take Longer for a 2nd rounder?

In the preseason draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are saying we have to restart the rebuild - FMD we have 23 kids that are 23 or under , and this draft we will most probably pick up another 5 kids , so just about 3 /4 of our team are kids.

We need to pick up a couple good experienced players - we are moving forward - getting rid of the players we don't want.

This why I want guy's like Shiel and Gaff while our kids are developed and they will develop once we get the games into them.

People are saying we have to restart the rebuild - FMD we have 23 kids that are 23 or under , and this draft we will most probably pick up another 5 kids , so just about 3 /4 of our team are kids.

We need to pick up a couple good experienced players - we are moving forward - getting rid of the players we don't want.

This why I want guy's like Shiel and Gaff while our kids are developed and they will develop once we get the games into them.
I think this way too, but and it's a big but, footballers are so stupidly short sighted. They don't care about hard draws, one down year or injuries - they see a team on the verge of finals or in finals and want the glory.

The only exception to this is if you belong to a big club who will have 75k at the ground every week.

For all of our stupid comments about being aggressive, all I see is that aggressiveness causing our guns to walk for the sake of it.

I desperately need some good news, I am actually dumbfounded that Norf seem to have pulled this off. I need something to restore my faith

No argument here. I was only posing a trade that would support a rebuild. I’m confident that stuv will be in the RWB next year and that’s my preference.

However, if we did go down the rebuild stage (actually I think we do it anyway) I would like to see us bring in some on field coaches, players like Roughhead.

Having said that, part of me looks at teams like Melbs and think if we want to play finals and actually contend then we have to build the talent through the draft like they have. Comparing ourselves to the Halks or Geelong or Collingwood with their topping up strategy isn’t an option for us because we are a St Kilda.
Whether it’s rebuilding thru the draft or trading players out for another player or pick or compensation pick , it’s gonna be a slow process.
Our only hope of a quick rise is thru free agency. It’s the only chance at a free hit . For every free agent we go for and miss out on its another step back against the teams picking them up . Rich are about to pick up Lynch for free ffs. How do u compete against that unless you’re doing the same thing yourself.
Pick up a few decent ones plus your early draft picks and you’re well on the way .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back