List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whos fappening ??
200w.gif

Same here.
Spent the last few hrs sitting out by the fire pit with the good wife who was knocking back some pinot grigio while i necked scotch n cokes at breakneck pace.
Both inside now just about to nod off on the couch:drunk:

Snake giving the snake for a run tonight

Was ever hopeful, but never confident.

As I’ve mentioned before, we are going to have to do the hard lifting ourselves to hopefully get to a stage where players want to come.

Hanners will help, but he came because it suited him to, with the extra years a selling point for him. Same with Kent.

With some new coaches, and some natural improvement let’s hope we can turn our annual horribilis of 2018 into something far more positive. Hope the boys come back looking to redeem themselves.
Alot of us don't really value our kids , Acres is one for me who is tracking like Yeo , Yeo at same age was picking up 16 touches a game the the next 2 years he picks up the Eagles Best and Fairest.
Steele is another who could be even a bigger surprise.

Ok so if Shiel nominates Hawthorn, maybe we should throw the cat among the pigeons and make the mother of all offers to Tom Mitchell, out of contract next year and can evidently find the ball a bit. :p

Alot of us don't really value our kids , Acres is one for me who is tracking like Yeo , Yeo at same age was picking up 16 touches a game the the next 2 years he picks up the Eagles Best and Fairest.
Steele is another who could be even a bigger surprise.
I reckon Steele is very underrated - hopefully will rise to a new level next year. Even if he stays the same as his las few games will be one if the best mids in the comp. Uses it quite well, can kick goals, decent grab and knows howd to win it at the coal face. I think Cho has finally found his manual too, which is to play him on the oppos best, which is good for the team and id say would fast track his development. Still only 22!!

That’s fine. You see as much as me apart from when I go to games but how the hell do you come to that conclusion. What does he do wrong that would make you say that. I’m not a Ross fan by any stretch but he seems the obvious captain. Speaks well smart footballer. Seems loyal
It's more what he doesn't do, but I've made my opinion plain enough already. There's no point arguing over something subjective.
Yeah Nah, I'll leave it to the players to decide...

Fair enough. The players voted resoundingly for Geary two years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question: is our list supposedly spoken of in the media as a the 'worst list in the comp' because we had a shocker of a year, or did we have a shocker of a year because our list is 'the worst in the comp'?
My personal opinion is our list has huge potential, but were coached badly allround, lacked experience and leadership and lacks an inside out mid with good skills and pace(in a nutshell). Then comes the excuses - draw, injuries, etc.
Also the media are a bunch of campaigners!!
Whats ur thoughts?

Tim Membrey and Josh Bruce say "hi"
Particularly Members is one of the best kicks for goal when his on. When the 'little man' got into his head at times this year he had some issues. Bruce used to be a great kick for goal before the 'little man' got into his head too. Gotta get rid of the 'little man' haunting our saints players!!

Question: is our list supposedly spoken of in the media as a the 'worst list in the comp' because we had a shocker of a year, or did we have a shocker of a year because our list is 'the worst in the comp'?
My personal opinion is our list has huge potential, but were coached badly allround, lacked experience and leadership and lacks an inside out mid with good skills and pace(in a nutshell). Then comes the excuses - draw, injuries, etc.
Whats ur thoughts?
It’s very speculative and a personal opinion really. Did Collingwood have a great list? I still don’t think they do.

There are some in the club that think the list is fine and others who think it’s the worst list in the comp..

Pick 4 + 2019 first for Taranto + Setterfield.

Here's why:
Both are absolute guns, still very young but shown so much potential. GWS insiders reckon Setterfield the is best talent drafted since Kelly at Giants. Taranto, kid is just like mindblowing. Under the guidance of Ratten, Clark, Coff, Steele, Taranto, Setterfield, Acres, Billings would all flourish.

It would be a very smart move but we are talking about the St Kilda FC after all...

Whats ur thoughts?

It’s a pretty poor list and worst of all put together badly. To many similar players

Particularly Members is one of the best kicks for goal when his on. When the 'little man' got into his head at times this year he had some issues. Bruce used to be a great kick for goal before the 'little man' got into his head too. Gotta get rid of the 'little man' haunting our saints players!!
Think Dixon is contracted for next year still sadly. Need to stick him as a torpedo coach instead of goal kicking.

Herald Sun has floated, in tomorrows paper I presume, pick 4 to Sydney for Hanners, pick 12 and maybe another player.

I'm not sure I like it. I love Hanners like he's my firstborn child but he isn't worth pick 4 and I can't think of another Sydney player they're willing to let go that would make the deal worth moving to pick 12.

Herald Sun has floated, in tomorrows paper I presume, pick 4 to Sydney for Hanners, pick 12 and maybe another player.

I'm not sure I like it. I love Hanners like he's my firstborn child but he isn't worth pick 4 and I can't think of another Sydney player they're willing to let go that would make the deal worth moving to pick 12.
As long as that other player is Ollie Florent than that's a good deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back