List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

So you would be happy for the club to walk away from the deal over pick 39?

A 28 pick upgrade and a two pick downgrade, just so we can stick it to Port?

That trade would be up there with the pick 10 swap a few years back. We'd be stupid to miss out on that just because we were too stubborn to give up 39.
No never said that.

You negotiate hard and don't blink until when or if you have to IMO.

Rozee is the bolter... now right in the top handful.

Hately not far back either.
I get that Rozee is a bolter on the back of fine form across halfback in the SANFL finals. I just don't think he has gone past Lukosius and Rankine who are both proven game breakers at the same level. Some Rankine SANFL highlights below. Surely Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine make up the top three in some order. I just can't realistically see recruiters going past those three. And if my prediction pans out that means we get to pick 4 in live trading and really have nowhere near the leverage with Port or Adelaide that we are all hoping for. If we want to prise two first rounders out of the Adelaide boys I think we would have to help one of them get to Pick 2 where they are guaranteed one of the prized SA pair.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...lights/video/c954d4b543022d52a8952de309c53978

I get that Rozee is a bolter on the back of fine form across halfback in the SANFL finals. I just don't think he has gone past Lukosius and Rankine who are both proven game breakers at the same level. Some Rankine SANFL highlights below. Surely Walsh, Lukosius and Rankine make up the top three in some order. I just can't realistically see recruiters going past those three. And if my prediction pans out that means we get to pick 4 in live trading and really have nowhere near the leverage with Port or Adelaide that we are all hoping for. If we want to prise two first rounders out of the Adelaide boys I think we would have to help one of them get to Pick 2 where they are guaranteed one of the prized SA pair.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...lights/video/c954d4b543022d52a8952de309c53978
I agree mate. He's just past the top 7 in my opinion. The only reason he's being mentioned at pick 3 is because he is Lukosius' best mate..

Very good prospect but I think their are better options.

Excuse my ignorance, but in relation to the exuberance for Max King, what makes people so sure he won't go the same way as many of the other recent very tall KPF who went very high in the draft?

That would mean we'd need to trade back into the 2nd round which i would think we would want to do.

We need to stop spending before we get picks or we are in a never ending cycle of having to sell below value to get back in. We don't have a second because we sold it cheap to use last year. We just traded our number one ruck for pocket change to get back in much later than our original pick and the player we got last year doesn't look close to best 22 yet.

People want to sell Bruce to get back in despite him being our best true tall forward and responsible for about a quarter of our scoring since moving forward.

I know you think we need to trust the club but they test you at times.

We are more likely to get a ruckman through the draft.

Article stated last night we are unlikely to pursue Roughead.
He's a decent player who had a quite poor year. If he could get back to 2016 form, or 2017 to a lesser extent, he'd still be our #1 ruck.

Anyway, I've not been let down by WB people before so I think I'm more inclined to back what they say than some dart throwing journalist on Fox Footy. Didn't say it's a done deal but to say we're not pursuing him is wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse my ignorance, but in relation to the exuberance for Max King, what makes people so sure he won't go the same way as many of the other recent very tall KPF who went very high in the draft?

Because we are st kilda and we have a great recent record of developing our kids.....

I reckon the dream result from here on is;

- Hannebery for next years 2nd round pick.

- Pick 4 and next years 1st round pick for pick 6 and Wingard.

- Pick 6 for Shiel after Dodo refuses to give up anything more than his dirty undies a packet of Tim Tams for Shiel.

- Trade one of or multiples of Newnes/Mav/Sinclair/Dunstan to get another 2nd round pick in this draft.

Hannebery, Wingard, Shiel, 2nd round pick, pick 39 and pick 67.

But you’d think GWS and Dodo will get something done.

He's a decent player who had a quite poor year. If he could get back to 2016 form, or 2017 to a lesser extent, he'd still be our #1 ruck.

Anyway, I've not been let down by WB people before so I think I'm more inclined to back what they say than some dart throwing journalist on Fox Footy. Didn't say it's a done deal but to say we're not pursuing him is wrong.
He's just not a good ruckman. He averaged 15 hit outs in '16 and 18 in '17

Number 1 ruck?
11 disposals, 3 marks, 15 hit outs the last 3 years for Roughead.
And people criticize Hickey and Longer...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back