List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Examples where we have traded away a top 5 dp in the last 5 years please.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
We would be fooked without that trade.
Got Carlisle and probably our best young player. That was great work from Ameet.

Jeez you'd like to try and angle for Port's first rounder next year. Gave away Pittard for free, Wingard wants out. They're starting to look like a bit of a rabble.

Number 1 ruck?
11 disposals, 3 marks, 15 hit outs the last 3 years for Roughead.
And people criticize Hickey and Longer...
Who's our #1 ruck?

I didn't even want Hickey gone in the first place for what it's worth. Roughead offers more than Pierce and would compete with Longer who's constantly in and out of the side.

Doesn't really matter either way though does it, our ruck stocks are among the worst in the league anyway.

When have we diluted our picks and ended up with ordinary players?

We traded our first away to get Carlisle and Gresham

We traded another first away to get Clark, Long and Battle.

These are the only times we have "diluted" our first round picks since we started our rebuild in 2013 and both times have been the best two trades we have made in that time.

There is a veey good reason why people are talking about trading down two spots in the draft this year.
Forgot about 5 for Carlisle that could be classed as diluted except well Gresh

The trade to Hawks was not diluted but delayed and actually 26 and 39 for free and a three place upgrade from 10 to 7.

Haven't seen much dilution though

A mate who reads here but isn't signed up want me to post his ideas, for you to all "admire his genius".

Wingard out suits us nicely, although Dogs first rounder would be better for Port to have if we wanted to get involved. If it gets to pick 4 and there's one SA kid left (because Gold Coast have taken Lukosius and Rozee/Rankine), we offer up 4 for 6 and something else as they're bound to pay overs (as a few here did suggest).

However, even before draft night, offer pick 4 up for pick 6 and next years first rounder. Gives us 2 first rounders next year to throw at GWS for Josh Kelly (although the hardest part is getting him interested himself). Still stay in the top 7 this year with the good quality. Obviously we'd need to whack something in as a sweetener in that deal, but get them while the SA kids are there and after they've lost Wingard & Polec.
Agree with this. We should hold onto 4 until draft day and see if we can get overs from a desperate SA Club. And if they dont offer anything good enough, we will get to use pick 4.

Tell him to get an account.

Anyhoo went through pick 65 since 2010 to see how valuable it has been, as I keep getting told.

2010- Claye Beams Brisbane
2011- Corey Gault Coll
2012 Pass Sydney
2013 Tom Langdon Coll
2014 Josh Watts Bris
2015 Ben Crocker Coll
2016 Pat Kerr Carl
2017 Tom North Freo

Only Tom Langdon has suceeded.

Would take Dean Kent over all bar Langdon

This doesn't work if Rankine and Lukosius are gone in the top three picks though.

There would still be a few highly rated SA lads left, but certainly Rankine and Lukosius are the big two.

It’s possible neither will be there at pick 4 but it’s also possible both will be there. Gold Coast holds the key with picks 2 and 3.

But Rankine Birdy!
We need his type desperately!
That's a fair argument mate. If we think he's too good to pass up then we keep pick 4.

The way I see it is I'm keen as mustard for Smith who suits our needs better than anyone and rumours are the club is super keen on Max King.

If we trade down from 4 to 6 we are going to get one of those guys. Throw in a Collier-Dawkins or Caldwell at 11 and we look pretty bloody good IMO.

I wish when our window looked like closing we could land a Mitchell, O'Meara & Wingard.

FMD - so much for equalisation.

I reckon that is harsh. Hawthorn made a huge punt on OMeara that no one else would do. Look at the deal we got. Mitchell was pick 14. Wingard I will give you.

Anyhoo went through pick 65 since 2010 to see how valuable it has been, as I keep getting told.

2010- Claye Beams Brisbane
2011- Corey Gault Coll
2012 Pass Sydney
2013 Tom Langdon Coll
2014 Josh Watts Bris
2015 Ben Crocker Coll
2016 Pat Kerr Carl
2017 Tom North Freo

Only Tom Langdon has suceeded.

Would take Dean Kent over all bar Langdon

Pass must be an ok player. he seems to go to most clubs every draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Cho has a big new book that's why :cool:

b87nkg.jpg
Classic!

That's a fair argument mate. If we think he's too good to pass up then we keep pick 4.

The way I see it is I'm keen as mustard for Smith who suits our needs better than anyone and rumours are the club is super keen on Max King.

If we trade down from 4 to 6 we are going to get one of those guys. Throw in a Collier-Dawkins or Caldwell at 11 and we look pretty bloody good IMO.
Yep. I think if we assume we are going to get Rankine at Pick 4 we may be setting ourselves up for a big fall. If we can turn Max King at 4 into Smith and Collier Dawkins at 6 & 10 you gotta be happy with that. those two could well be as good as any that this draft spits out.

Yep. I think if we assume we are going to get Rankine at Pick 4 we may be setting ourselves up for a big fall. If we can turn Max King at 4 into Smith and Collier Dawkins at 6 & 10 you gotta be happy with that. those two could well be as good as any that this draft spits out.

Rozee will eat those 2 for breakfast .

Valuable (adjective)

1a : having monetary value

(eg) worth a good price

2a : having desirable or esteemed characteristics

(eg) a late pick that lets you pick up a smoky in the AFL draft is valuable

Worthless (adjective)

1a : lacking worth

(eg) That item that has no value (see above) and is worthless.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back