List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse my ignorance, but in relation to the exuberance for Max King, what makes people so sure he won't go the same way as many of the other recent very tall KPF who went very high in the draft?
Because Cho has a big new book that's why :cool:

b87nkg.jpg

Let’s be realistic here, jokes are made every hour about terrible events and terrible things...

It’s very easy to say “I’m sure those people involved wouldn’t like it”

I would say everyone here as made crude and innapropriate jokes over there life..

No doubt I have but for some its to close to home so you reply. Say crap like that so it expect a reply.

If Adelaide get pick 5 there is every chance.

On draft night when St Kilda pick either Lukosius or Rankine with pick 4 it’s possible the Power and Crows will bid aggressively for the player, especially if the other is already taken.

It’s also possible Adelaide has pick 5 and PA has pick 6.

Imagine the fireworks then. Both club firing in bids, unaware of what the other is offering and St Kilda with 2 minutes (I think to decide).

A perfect storm.
They would want to trade well before draft day in fear of being beaten by the other club.

Sheil to Essendon
Lynch to Richmond
Wingard to Hawthorn
Kelly to WCE

EPL AFL style.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Havent you said that before and its been pointed out as many good players have gone to poor or bottom side clubs.

Sorry I see you added Wingard. Still my point stands. One of the best years for bottom clubs as top clubs compared to other years.

Seems we can't convince jets to join us...

Better keep 4 and pick our own then, no one would have joined Hawthorn in 04 for love or money.

Strip it back, get good people in (think we're doing this btw) and build from the ground up
And get a decent coach

W
Last five drafts 2013-2017

Simpkin 2010
Shenton 2012
Wright 2012
Markworth 2011
Curren 2010
Minch 2011
Milera 2011
Siposs 2010
Saad 2011
TDL 2012
White 2012
Lee 2012
Ledger 2010
Dunell 2012
Clarke 2003 (Raph that is, I don't know who Ralph Clarke is)

According to some we are only shyte because of our drafting prior to 2010. That list is a disgrace, given the relatively advantageous position we were in from 2011 onwards. Never mind the lack of stars and elite talent given we've had numerous top ten picks TFWF and crew have had. Paying attention, num nuts?

Excuse my ignorance, but in relation to the exuberance for Max King, what makes people so sure he won't go the same way as many of the other recent very tall KPF who went very high in the draft?
This, I would just pick best avail mid.

Yeah if I'm the saints I'm keeping pick 4 till draft night and telling Port we are taking Rankine. See how badly they want him

Why the **** are we trading away from the player everyone wants. We don't learn any thing from past mistakes. We dilute all the time and have average players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W

According to some we are only shyte because of our drafting prior to 2010. That list is a disgrace, given the relatively advantageous position we were in from 2011 onwards. Never mind the lack of stars and elite talent given we've had numerous top ten picks TFWF and crew have had. Paying attention, num nuts?

No definitely for a long period including before 2010.

Wow - we found a use for a 4th rounder.

Lucky we don't just give them away because we think they are "worthless".
Not what the Melbourne supporters think. They are saying he wad given away for nothing.

Let's see what they do with it.

So you are saying we should have kept 65 and not traded it for Kent because it is so valuable?

Lol

A mate who reads here but isn't signed up want me to post his ideas, for you to all "admire his genius".

Wingard out suits us nicely, although Dogs first rounder would be better for Port to have if we wanted to get involved. If it gets to pick 4 and there's one SA kid left (because Gold Coast have taken Lukosius and Rozee/Rankine), we offer up 4 for 6 and something else as they're bound to pay overs (as a few here did suggest).

However, even before draft night, offer pick 4 up for pick 6 and next years first rounder. Gives us 2 first rounders next year to throw at GWS for Josh Kelly (although the hardest part is getting him interested himself). Still stay in the top 7 this year with the good quality. Obviously we'd need to whack something in as a sweetener in that deal, but get them while the SA kids are there and after they've lost Wingard & Polec.

Number 1 ruck?
11 disposals, 3 marks, 15 hit outs the last 3 years for Roughead.
And people criticize Hickey and Longer...
He’s ordinary yet was still good enough to be the #1 man on a premiership team. That’s probably all that needs to be said about the importance of them TBH.

Why the **** are we trading away from the player everyone wants. We don't learn any thing from past mistakes. We dilute all the time and have average players.
Examples where we have traded away a top 5 dp in the last 5 years please.

When have we diluted our picks and ended up with ordinary players?

We traded our first away to get Carlisle and Gresham

We traded another first away to get Clark, Long and Battle.

These are the only times we have "diluted" our first round picks since we started our rebuild in 2013 and both times have been the best two trades we have made in that time.

There is a veey good reason why people are talking about trading down two spots in the draft this year.

W

Our drafting 2006-10 certainly didn't help us much.

When have we diluted our picks and ended up with ordinary players?

We traded our first away to get Carlisle and Gresham

We traded another first away to get Clark, Long and Battle.

These are the only times we have "diluted" our first round picks since we started our rebuild in 2013 and both times have been the best two trades we have made in that time.

There is a veey good reason why people are talking about trading down two spots in the draft this year.
But Rankine Birdy!
We need his type desperately!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back