List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we not trade Port 5 and 10 for 4 and next years 1st? Everyone is saying there’s a drop off of talent after pick 8, and they’d expect our next years first to be higher in the draft than 10, so they’d be up.

Port could then either trade back into this draft, trade it next year, or go to the draft depending on 2019 and what they think they need.

Another two top 10 boys would be 4 in two years, and in two/three years they will have developed that much more we’d be looking very strong indeed.

Who knows, with Grubby, there may be a GWS gem coming through by way of FA or trade, that paints a different complexion.
Why would port do it. They obviously rate this draft and have traded out to get into the first round

Why would port do it. They obviously rate this draft and have traded out to get into the first round
Shifter Sheehan rates this Draft the strongest since 2001.
So cant see many Top10 trades being done for future picks.
As for live picks with us involved,i can only see Port looking to do a deal if Rankine or Lukosious are available at Pick4 or the GC trade that has been talked of in recent days as the only scenarios being done.

That one spot GC pushed us down has cost us. We are now looked at 2nd level mids or M.King..rather than being in the mix for Rankine or even Walsh.

Smith/Rozee/Caldwell are the next level down and with Pick 3 we wouldnt need to be thinking of them nearly as hard.
Gresham's freak goal was worth more than 6pts

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adam Sambono interests me.....Reckon he'd be worth a go!
Can play and gives us what we lack!

Also still nonplussed that Benny Cavarro hasn't found himself on an AFL list!
Very clever, skillful small forward who would fit in nicely with todays footy!

Sambono isn't up to it, fitness levels are below average, pigeon toed and fumbles alot

I'll be amazed if we don't go with M.King. Everything seems to point to it. Personally I'd prefer a gun mid but it seems inconclusive just who's the next best after Walsh.

I reckon it's Smith then Caldwell. Smith is a high accumulator quick type, Caldwell has clean hands and hits the ball running and emerges like a young Chris Judd. One is all discipline and work ethic with good skills, one is more brilliant and elusive and looks to have mad skills but comes with an injury history.

Still hope a miracle happens and we get Rankine. He's like a better Gresham, I just want something to make me turn up to watch footy. King could be a once in a generation forward but if we don't get some quality in the midfield we can have Plugger back kicking 13 goals a week and still not make finals.

Hard to work out what will get us up the ladder, as I feel the coaching is as much to blame as the form of many players. We definitely need another big mobile one-grab forward, and MKing seems the only solution at the moment, as Paddy has done nothing so far. Marshall will improve, but seems to be a resting ruck type of forward.

Our mids lack polish, but if they are getting the ball and pumping into the forward line, then the forwards need to take more accountability and work harder, regardless of the quality of disposal from upfield.. many a time an opposition backman has read the flight of the incoming ball better and out-positioned our forwards. Things to fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d consider trading 4 & 46 for GCs picks 6 & 24

Grab Max King (6) & Xavier Duursma (24)

With pick 36 I’d hope Xavier O’Halloran slides & we can nab him

I would expect 6 and 24 for 4 alone. We need to use 4 picks in the draft, and I dont want to be using 67.
On second thoughts give them 4 and 67. Its still an upgrade for them on pick 80.

Nah - I think the talk is generated because people believe there may be a premium available by trading Pick 4.

I really don't care whether we are "in the window" or not ATM - I just think we will never get "in the window" if we don't exploit every opportunity that arises to improve our list.

Next week we will know the quality of the players available & the premium other clubs may be prepared to offer - you have to act on that basis.
Agree totally. Get what you can today. Tomorrow will look after itself.

At the end of this season I found myself want the best mid we can get so if rankine is there just get him . His sidestep is gonna tear teams apart.
But as I have now mentally recovered from a tough season I am finding myself wanting king more and more .

In 5 years time he could be the one that people will be saying “how the f&#k did the saints get King at 4”

Jeez l reckon everyone is being a bit nice to the Suns with their trade expectations for pick 4. I look at it as an opportunity to improve our position in both 2018 and 2019. Take their picks 23 and 29, for our 36 and 46 as a minimum please, and swap future 4ths for our bonus because having WCEs 4th pick now (hickey trade) is bloody worthless.

Take 8 and 21, for our 2019 1st and 29, plus a future 2nd from either party but hopefully the Suns, if Adelaide want to sell the farm for Rankine.

6, 23 and 29 would be awesome enough.
But 6, 8, 21 and 23 would require some personal time..

Jeez l reckon everyone is being a bit nice to the Suns with their trade expectations for pick 4. I look at it as an opportunity to improve our position in both 2018 and 2019. Take their picks 23 and 29, for our 36 and 46 as a minimum please, and swap future 4ths for our bonus because having WCEs 4th pick now (hickey trade) is bloody worthless.

Take 8 and 21, for our 2019 1st and 29, plus a future 2nd from either party but hopefully the Suns, if Adelaide want to sell the farm for Rankine.

6, 23 and 29 would be awesome enough.
But 6, 8, 21 and 23 would require some personal time..
One of the main reasons we'd be foolish to trade a future first is that it would massively weaken our hand if we are trying to trade in a player at the end of the year. I don't think there's any way we'd entertain trading out a future first for a high pick in this years draft; it would be absolutely foolish, given the pick would have higher value next year as a potential trade chip.

One of the main reasons we'd be foolish to trade a future first is that it would massively weaken our hand if we are trying to trade in a player at the end of the year. I don't think there's any way we'd entertain trading out a future first for a high pick in this years draft; it would be absolutely foolish, given the pick would have higher value next year as a potential trade chip.
I absolutely agree lewdogs, but l think l don't want to bank on attracting a star free agent at the expense of a players like Smith or a King. First we have to show that we're on the up and a destination. Give me Ben King and Caldwell now please. A fit crew to start the new year, proper development, the coach locked in the broom closet. There's so much to get right before we're contending again and our future pick is at peak value right now. Sell sell sell!!

I absolutely agree lewdogs, but l think l don't want to bank on attracting a star free agent at the expense of a players like Smith or a King. First we have to show that we're on the up and a destination. Give me Ben King and Caldwell now please. A fit crew to start the new year, proper development, the coach locked in the broom closet. There's so much to get right before we're contending again and our future pick is at peak value right now. Sell sell sell!!

I agree it's a very good point, but similarily I think it's true, that if we don't stock up now to get there as quickly as possible, then it might not matter if we've got the picks to trade, an A grader may not want to trade if we haven't improved significantly enough.

Mav off tothe tigers it would seem... would have thought they have an abundance of pressure forwards! Be interesting to see if he gets a game and what role he is given

Mav off tothe tigers it would seem... would have thought they have an abundance of pressure forwards! Be interesting to see if he gets a game and what role he is given
Good luck to him, but I don't see how he makes it into the 22 without injuries.

Plenty of pressure forwards and they'll have to play with one less now they have another key forward coming in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back