List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Tis getting all very confusing, even top 6 seems
to be suddenly changing daily!

I think that's because pick trading is still live. In past years it was fine for clubs to be pretty open about who they were taking, because no one could really take much advantage of that information. This year everyone's being very cagey because it's all part of an ongoing negotiation.

Yes I am very confident King will be there at 7.

Who do you believe takes him? We all know who Carlton will take and GC will almost certainly overlook him for SA or VC boys assuming they don't trade down pick 3 to adelaide (not that it will change the order). So there's 4 spots down. Port and WB are heavily into Bailey Smith. Port will take a SA kid if Smith isn't available (Rozee)
I firmly believe Max King gets to 7 quite easily and maybe even overlooked if it's the WB picking @ 7 as they may even prefer his brother.
Only way we get 2 picks in top 10 or so is a three way with GC and ADE.
Have to use our first next year and get GC 2nd back next year and a second this year.

ADE out 8 13 In 4
GC out 6 24 R2 19 In 13 Stk R1 19
STK out 4 R1 19. In 6 8 24 GC R2 19

Maybe add our 32 going to ADE or other such machination to make it work.

Port gave up a heap to Freo to get pick 5. Unlikely they will do it again.
Unless GC swap 3 13 29 for Port 5 10 15 to ensure priority ADE.

Get GCS back with 3 picks inside 10 at 3 5 10 and our first next year....sweet

We get a King plus Smith or Cardwell

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have to use our first next year and get GC 2nd back next year and a second this year.

ADE out 8 13 In 4

Get GCS back with 3 picks inside 10 at 3 5 10 and our first next year....sweet

And there is no way that will happen

ADE out 8 13 In 4

We have already traded away our 2019 2nd, so cant trade our 1st. However we could do a swap of 1st round picks, which if the other club thinks we are going to finish much worse than could be attractive.

I was speaking to a past player yesterday, i asked him if he had any goss on who me might be looking at? his reply was as of 2 weeks ago we were looking at mids. He said things change in a minute and he hasn't spoken to anyone since then, and no names were mentioned.

There seems to be a lot of talk on our draft thread of trading next years first to get us a low pick in the top ten essentially. IMO you only trade next years picks when you are “in the window” and us much as it pains me we are not. We would be a 50/50 chance of next years first being a top 3 pick. I hope it’s not and think we are a good chance of finishing top 10 if things go right but trading away next years pick is a gamble I personally feel the club should not make.

I was speaking to a past player yesterday, i asked him if he had any goss on who me might be looking at? his reply was as of 2 weeks ago we were looking at mids. He said things change in a minute and he hasn't spoken to anyone since then, and no names were mentioned.
Did things get a little heated thereafter?

There seems to be a lot of talk on our draft thread of trading next years first to get us a low pick in the top ten essentially. IMO you only trade next years picks when you are “in the window” and us much as it pains me we are not. We would be a 50/50 chance of next years first being a top 3 pick. I hope it’s not and think we are a good chance of finishing top 10 if things go right but trading away next years pick is a gamble I personally feel the club should not make.
This year is "supposedly" different because of the quality of the top 10. That kind of trade should be a break even with the advantage of improving the side a year earlier. The list needs rapid improvement or we'll lose stuv to age before we're contending again, and supporters will drop off out of disinterest..

Did things get a little heated thereafter?

Sorry that one went over my head, maybe try again when i have a few more of these Dainton Brewery I.P.A's

Honestly wouldn’t be suprised if we trade pick 4 for 6 and 24 and get max king at 6 anyways. While I think port would be stupid to overlook m king at 5 they are very interested in Ben and gc could take rozee at 4 leaving us to take m king at 6 or taking smith and letting max king become the slider of the decade going to the dogs at 7...
Would be daylight robbery if so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t subscribe to this theory.

Melbourne were no where near their window, but are very much in it right now, because they traded a future first to land Clayton Oliver & were also able to snag Sam Weideman in the same draft

Yes I am very confident King will be there at 7.

Who do you believe takes him? We all know who Carlton will take and GC will almost certainly overlook him for SA or VC boys assuming they don't trade down pick 3 to adelaide (not that it will change the order). So there's 4 spots down. Port and WB are heavily into Bailey Smith. Port will take a SA kid if Smith isn't available (Rozee)
I firmly believe Max King gets to 7 quite easily and maybe even overlooked if it's the WB picking @ 7 as they may even prefer his brother.
If we trade with Adelaide so that Port misses their target, Port take King.

Nah - I think the talk is generated because people believe there may be a premium available by trading Pick 4.

I really don't care whether we are "in the window" or not ATM - I just think we will never get "in the window" if we don't exploit every opportunity that arises to improve our list.

Next week we will know the quality of the players available & the premium other clubs may be prepared to offer - you have to act on that basis.

Honestly wouldn’t be suprised if we trade pick 4 for 6 and 24 and get max king at 6 anyways. While I think port would be stupid to overlook m king at 5 they are very interested in Ben and gc could take rozee at 4 leaving us to take m king at 6 or taking smith and letting max king become the slider of the decade going to the dogs at 7...
Would be daylight robbery if so
There isn’t a great deal between Max and Ben King from all reports. Max is slightly better in the air and Ben more agile.

Depends on strategy of GC doesn’t it. If they want all three GC boys then probably do the trade. But all honestly they’d most likely get Rozee at 6 regardless. If not they get get Smith, or a King.

If GC pass on Rankine that’s the interesting part, because we won’t. We either get way overs from one of the SA clubs, or we take him.

This year is "supposedly" different because of the quality of the top 10. That kind of trade should be a break even with the advantage of improving the side a year earlier. The list needs rapid improvement or we'll lose stuv to age before we're contending again, and supporters will drop off out of disinterest..

I think this year is looking different because the top line quality goes very deep with the top 8 or 10 all looking exceptional. But top 3 in 2019 will be every bit as good - Anderson and Rowell look to be absolute specials. If we are 50% chance of a top 3 next year (and I think we are, the only team I think with a worst list on paper is GC) then top 1,2,3 next year and 4 this year is going to net a couple of potential superstars.

Getting 2 lower 1st rounders this year is not going to fast track us over getting 2 potential elites in 18/19.

I think this year is looking different because the top line quality goes very deep with the top 8 or 10 all looking exceptional. But top 3 in 2019 will be every bit as good - Anderson and Rowell look to be absolute specials. If we are 50% chance of a top 3 next year (and I think we are, the only team I think with a worst list on paper is GC) then top 1,2,3 next year and 4 this year is going to net a couple of potential superstars.

Getting 2 lower 1st rounders this year is not going to fast track us over getting 2 potential elites in 18/19.
Agree...Hanners could be the deciding factor there. He's obviously not going to drag us into the 8, but for various reasons if he fires and takes a few along with him we could move up a few places. Anyway, doesn't matter. Winning is better than losing.

Personally I can't see us being bottom 3 next year.

How do you reckon we'd go if we added Jake Lever Charlie Curnow, Steele Sidebottom and Luke Davies Uniacke to last years side because that's effectively what happens this summer with Roberton Bruce and Hannebery coming in along with Pick 4.

Whatever the order may be, the Top 4 will probably be: Walsh, Lukotious, Rankine and M King.

So it depends on who we want. We can probably safely say that Walsh won't be there at 4. Are we interested in any of the other 3 that's the question? If so we'd keep Pick 4.

If we're not interested in whomever of those is left at 4, then we probably want Smith or Rozee, so we've got to look at a trade, taking the chance to get that player and another 1st round pick. It would be remiss not to do so.

If we got Pick 6, would it guarantee we get the player we want? Pick 5 would be a safe bet.

So if we want Lukotious, Rankine or M King we keep Pick 4, if we want Smith or Rozee, we trade for Pick 5 and another.

Could we not trade Port 5 and 10 for 4 and next years 1st? Everyone is saying there’s a drop off of talent after pick 8, and they’d expect our next years first to be higher in the draft than 10, so they’d be up.

Port could then either trade back into this draft, trade it next year, or go to the draft depending on 2019 and what they think they need.

Another two top 10 boys would be 4 in two years, and in two/three years they will have developed that much more we’d be looking very strong indeed.

Who knows, with Grubby, there may be a GWS gem coming through by way of FA or trade, that paints a different complexion.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back