List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

This is as depressing as it gets!
How the f#ck has Dildo pulled this one out of his arse?
Salary cap? what salary cap? This scumbag organisation that nearly brought
the comp to it's knees with it's disgraceful actions not only got away with it in real terms
barring a slap on the wrist and a year off to help them reset as their list at the time was going nowhere!

So we'll reward the turds with the No 1 pick and a f#cking priority on top if you dont mind!
Since then they have gone on a recruiting drive that rivals North in the 70's!
Little brown paper bags seem to be back in fashion!

As for Shiel......F#ck him! Never rated the shoulder taping soft **** anyway!

Essendon hey!?

Makes a lot of sense. They underperformed early in the year but then they looked a top 8 quality team from then on, and Shiel fills the major area they were lacking in, so it makes a lot of sense that he go there. I think their list is a lot more appealing and likely to really contend going forward than Hawthorns is and they're much closer than us or Carlton to contending and they ought to be able to satisfy GWS in a trade, so it makes sense on a lot of levels.

Not going to cry myself to sleep on missing out as I reckon we still need to hit the draft hard for one more year ideally, to get those long-term foundations in place.

agree although my focus is somewhat different

i dont care too much about the trades. dont care about the draft either. we've hit 7 full drafts with a good mix of picks.

what we are yet to do is utilise what we already have. that should be the focus. not who we can bring in.

until we start turning the players we have into A graders we are chasing our own tail.

Rubbish they screwed their cap and didn’t match Richmond’s offer or he would still be there, somehow that’s our problem.
Lynch wanted out ... it would have been madness to match an offer to keep a player against his wanting ... what output do you think you would get from a guy you are basically forcing to stay ?

for all out bad points as a team we at least dont have the issue of players we want to keep wanting out

I think the main hope now is that Hannebery can re-capture his previous form, Steele takes another step and a player such as Clark steps up big time. End of the day our midfield is weak, adding Hannebery is great, Shiel would have been the icing on the cake but it's not to be.

I think we should pick Smith in the draft. Seems he's the second best midfielder in it and exactly what we need. If we take King then our forward line looks like even more of a mess.

That’s just throwing away a prime pick, he’s not worth that.

He is better then an unproven 18 year old that you don't know who it's going to be and what he's going to be at AFL level. Outside finisher with Match-winning ability is exactly what we need. Hanners and Wingard we're better Hanners and 18yr old we don't get better.

You guys need to wake up the club is in trouble, we need to have a good yr next yr. We're not still rebuilding, this year was completely unexpected from everyone inside the club. 2 A graders included and better season from the players that we know can play better and an easier draw. We will be in the mix next year.

Whilst dissapointed this just emphasises the fact we need to start winning games...

What I've learn out of this is we are right back in the game in so many facets... amazing new facilities in Bayside, cash to burn, a great Football Manager in Letha, a solid coaching group now highlighted by Ratts... the one thing that's let us down is our on field performance. Until that changes we won't be attracting too many 'big fish'.

We need to secure Gresh now. We have a shit ton of money that we will overpay spuds.

As for Shiel, it isnt just resentment when I say I've been reasonably disappointed with his 2018. His speed is his best attribute but he didn't show it particularly often. I also noticed he displayed a distinct lack of composure, often just throwing the ball onto his boot, causing a turnover. He emerged as a gun in 2016, was overshadowed by Kelly in 2017. When Kelly injured himself this year, I expected Shiel to recapture his best form, but instead he was 3rd best mid behind Conigilo, Ward, and also Kelly when he returned later in the year.

There's no doubt he would have made us a better team if he arrived, but I wouldn't be at all pleased if we gave up pick 4 for him. It will be intriguing to see how he goes at Essendon, we all know how beneficial it was for Devon Smith.

As for the Saints, its the harsh reality that we are not a big club and hence dont have the appeal that an Essendon or Hawthorn have with their blockbuster fixtures. Its seriously an indictment on the club that we cannot lure a player even if we try and lure him with a salary far above market value. We simply HAVE to be making finals if we are to be truly competitive at the trade table. The onus is on Richo to get us there, but I'm not sure he can. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
The sad reality is, we're probably the second least attractive club in the comp behind GC. There's rumblings about our best player wanting out, there's question marks about our senior coach's position, we've had an absolute shocker on field this season, and there seems to be little prospect of that improving next year. Nobody is coming to save us. The only hope we have is the poor draftees who don't get a choice.

And I know, what about Hannebery? We are not getting 3 time AA Hannebery, we're getting the broken down has been version who's getting a nice superannuation boost cause his old man has decent connections.

Manager on shiel: "absolutely a football decision"

so not about the money which means us and carlton wouldnt have come close.
And can you blame him, we won 4 games and have crowds of under 20000 for home games, and head into next year with a coach that wouldn't have job if we didnt stuff up with his contract last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone else concerned over how the banker and negan were not on the same page

banker on radio this week: pick 4 off limits
negan next morning: every asset is on the table

the banker is not filling me with a lot of confidence and he's only just started.
i3t9h0.jpg

Lynch wanted out ... it would have been madness to match an offer to keep a player against his wanting ... what output do you think you would get from a guy you are basically forcing to stay ?

for all out bad points as a team we at least dont have the issue of players we want to keep wanting out
That may well be the case the point is we have been penalised for a list management decision they made, that’s a joke.

He is better then an unproven 18 year old that you don't know who it's going to be and what he's going to be at AFL level. Outside finisher with Match-winning ability is exactly what we need. Hanners and Wingard we're better Hanners and 18yr old we don't get better.

You guys need to wake up the club is in trouble, we need to have a good yr next yr. We're not still rebuilding, this year was completely unexpected from everyone inside the club. 2 A graders included and better season from the players that we know can play better and an easier draw. We will be in the mix next year.
Please spare me the dramatics about the clubs position, anybody who was surprised we finished in the lower half has no idea imo.

Port are super keen to offload chad hopefully to some desperate idiots like us, they will then draft rankine or Rozee and walk away laughing.

Please spare me the dramatics about the clubs position, anybody who was surprised we finished in the lower half has no idea imo.

Port are super keen to offload chad hopefully to some desperate idiots like us, they will then draft rankine or Rozee and walk away laughing.

Correct but what worries we me is if Lethlean feels he needs a win he’ll go hard at Wingard who IMO is absolutely not what we need

So the entire club plus a fair chunk of the Media have no clue. Good to know where you stand on it.

Shiel:

"The Bombers, who reportedly made their pitch via a small group of players in an Elwood cafe last week, beat Carlton, Hawthorn and St Kilda in securing the midfielder's services"

On our bloody turf too! Why didn't we send Letherman with Jake and J-Webb to intercept and neutralise the threat?
Went to a cafe so nobody had to go out for coke

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back