Hannerbery trade
Kent
Pick 18 and 54 for Bruce, Lonie and pick 28
Patton for 54
Pick 4 for Pick 6, 15 and Amon
Pick 6= Rozee/ Smith
Pick 15 and 18= Best available
Rookie= Barlow as an extra leader, experienced campaigner

If that happens, that would be one hell of an off-season IMO. Improves our depth significantly and we could be a serious surprise package in 2019 with hopefully improvement from the players, as well as new assistants and the players we have brought. Sandy will also be very very strong if this happens, which is the sign of a very good football club.

Just because I like to be organised and know how things are tracking...

7 players out
2 players in
5 list spots remain

Picks: 4, 28, 67, 79... 97 if we want to go that far.

Ideally we are upgrading Marshall at 79 and not drafting with that; will if we have to.

So essentially we are 1 decent draft pick short, of course before any other trades happen, pick splits etc.

If the list stays as is and picks stay as is would you prefer to use pick 79 in the draft (upgrade Marshall with 97)... or pick up a delisted free agent; if so, who?

Unless we are going in with Longer as our only #1 ruckman & Marshall as back up then I think we will also upgrade Pierce.

Amon from Port seems pretty much a lock as well even though I don’t totally agree with it.

Thanks for the reply. :)
( in that case, hope they keep pushing for the bonus. Offer them Weller :D)
Anytime my man.

The club are like everyone else at this stage.. up in the air. Working through various scenarios with trade swaps. The problem everyone is having is all the same - no one knows who’s taking who with the first 4 picks. This is causing all sorts of problems.

One hand the club wants to trade for the swap of picks now, so we have multiple options we’re happy with come draft.

The other hand says hold onto until draft night and see what gets thrown up in love drafting. Lethers has the best black book in the game - so he’ll know what’s the best strategy is. He’s the best I’ve seen. Commands more respect from all the clubs than nearly anyone.

The irony of the King twins is that Ben is the prefect,Captain of Sport at Haileybury, has had the flexibility to have played ruck,back,and forward but we keep talking about Max.
Because Max is better.

It’s a fractional thing, but he is.

Maybe we could swap 4 and 28 for 8, and the teen picks from Adelaide, then give one of those teen picks and next years first for May? Wouldn’t want that to happen but I can’t see how we get May any other way

Future first is something we'll just feel the pain of next year (look at what we had at the start of this trade period) and Bruce and 28 won't get us near the pointy end (earlyish teens at absolute, absolute best).
well, for once next year's draft isn't shaping as better than this years'. I can't see a logical argument to against swapping pick three or five this year for our first next year. The quicker we can bring in elite talent the better. We need to make our assets work for us rather than have them sitting there doing nothing.

Imagine rankine and lukosious having great first years with us, how much more attractive will we be to FA if that was the case?

Unless we are going in with Longer as our only #1 ruckman & Marshall as back up then I think we will also upgrade Pierce.

Amon from Port seems pretty much a lock as well even though I don’t totally agree with it.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting about pierce. Well that was seal that then... upgrade Pierce with 97 and Marshall with 79. Draft with the other 3. However if we are into Amon, it’s 67 for him.

That fills the list spots, but we have to take 3 new players on draft night. So we’d then need to trade a player for a pick. Or again draft with 79 and push the upgrades back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, I keep forgetting about pierce. Well that was seal that then... upgrade Pierce with 97 and Marshall with 79. Draft with the other 3. However if we are into Amon, it’s 67 for him.

That fills the list spots, but we have to take 3 new players on draft night. So we’d then need to trade a player for a pick. Or again draft with 79 and push the upgrades back.

The rookie upgrades count as live picks. We could use pick 4 on a draftee & upgrade Pierce & Marshall & then be done.

Just like McCartin and Goddard were meant to do
And but for injuries and concussions, may well have.

Can we stop this bullshit please? It didn’t work out, that happens; Cleveland has had 30 ****ing starting QBs since The Return in 1999 and they’ve ALL been shit, until Mr 30...

If it's true that Max is now 204cm (and likely still growing), he could end up a whopping 10cm taller than Paddy, while being dramatically more agile/athletic/quick, which would give him so much more scope to hurt teams.

I reckon with his other attributes Paddy really needs to ideally be much closer to 200cm to be able to make a big impact in modern footy, which is one of the main reasons I was advocating we not draft him back in 2014, whereas King with those extra inches has the height to be able to pluck the high balls that the likes of Paddy and Bruce almost never take in or above packs inside our 50.

If you've got someone with that sort of height, who leaps and takes the ball at the highest point, with strong hands, it gives you a legit marking target for the long high balls we love to send in there, and then you can have others like Skunk and Battle/Bruce to take balls on the lead, or to push further up the ground.

So it may be that we think Paddy won't make it, or it may also be that we just think he will, but that Max is still enough of a potential upgrade for it to be worth grabbing him, and then trading Paddy for some value at the next opportunity.

I love the idea of someone like King close to goal like Daniher and being complimented by Battle/Bruce and Skunk and then the smaller types.

Prior to getting injured, Max King had a game where he kicked 8.8 (with two out on the full), so he had 18 shots at goal for the game (apparently in less-than-ideal windy conditions!). I’m willing to bet that is an all-time TAC Cup record for shots on goal in a single game.

At pick 4 he may be too good to pass up despite our plethora of “potentially good” tall forwards.

Any news on Karl Amon. A “George” on fb declaring he will be a Saint by Wednesday night. Anyone know anything or care to speculate or even make something up.

This off-season is killing me and we’re not even truly there yet... Help!!
'George' read the dribble written on coops trade page. It was word for word.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2018 off-season
Hannerbery trade
Kent
Pick 18 and 54 for Bruce, Lonie and pick 28
Patton for 54
Pick 4 for Pick 6, 15 and Amon
Pick 6= Rozee/ Smith
Pick 15 and 18= Best available
Rookie= Barlow as an extra leader, experienced campaigner

If that happens, that would be one hell of an off-season IMO. Improves our depth significantly and we could be a serious surprise package in 2019 with hopefully improvement from the players, as well as new assistants and the players we have brought. Sandy will also be very very strong if this happens, which is the sign of a very good football club.
Surely we aren’t trading Lonie AND Bruce for a 10 pick upgrade and fourth round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back