2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I’d prefer keeping Keayes on the list then using up a spot on McCarthy.

Both are/would be depth players you’d imagine but you could only rely on one not being injured and actually being able to step up fit into the side if/when it was required.

I think I’d prefer keeping Keayes on the list then using up a spot on McCarthy.

Both are/would be depth players you’d imagine but you could only rely on one not being injured and actually being able to step up fit into the side if/when it was required.

Dodongo would prefer it to but Keayes wants to leave so he isn't playing NEAFL all year

Dodongo would prefer it to but Keayes wants to leave so he isn't playing NEAFL all year
Yeah that’s fair enough I suppose.

I guess I’d just be reluctant using up a senior list spot on a player constantly injured, who even when fit, may not be best 22 anyway.

Maybe a rookie spot would be better?

Not sure on McCarthy’s contract status though anyway.

Also, you're not guaranteed to get him for free either. Hes an RFA, we would have no problem matching if we thought we could get a better deal that way

Not that I think it would ever happen but in the event of a team matching a rfa, of a trade still can't be worked out that player can go to the draft. If a case ever got to that though both teams should shoot themselves for being incompetent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

going back a few pages to the discussion re: priority picks (page 162). I think our application for a priority pick has more to do with us presenting a case for why the other clubs should not get a priority pick and/or get lesser assistance than some of the reports have suggested.

We would present a case with 'number of wins last 4 years' and have us on the bottom, first round draft picks on the list with us on/at the bottom, % of home state players on list near the bottom, time since last finals appearance near the bottom, number of consecutive bottom 4/less than 5 win season at the bottom, we'd probably even do some sort of 'trade surplus' calculation showing us getting screwed on GH5 and Scache (and even Beams pervesely) as a comparison to Carlton actively trading away Gibbs, Henderson and others for picks.

All of those factors would be pointing out the hypocrisy of ignoring us despite finishing bottom 4 the last 5 season and giving St Kilda a priority pick after winning 11 games last season and 12 2 seasons ago, or Carlton after playing finals in 2012 and 2014 (one of the 4 consecutive seasons we have finished bottom 4!).

We know we aren't a chance of a pick. We just want to minimise the number of teams that do get picks and make them as late in the draft as possible.

going back a few pages to the discussion re: priority picks (page 162). I think our application for a priority pick has more to do with us presenting a case for why the other clubs should not get a priority pick and/or get lesser assistance than some of the reports have suggested.

We would present a case with 'number of wins last 4 years' and have us on the bottom, first round draft picks on the list with us on/at the bottom, % of home state players on list near the bottom, time since last finals appearance near the bottom, number of consecutive bottom 4/less than 5 win season at the bottom, we'd probably even do some sort of 'trade surplus' calculation showing us getting screwed on GH5 and Scache (and even Beams pervesely) as a comparison to Carlton actively trading away Gibbs, Henderson and others for picks.

All of those factors would be pointing out the hypocrisy of ignoring us despite finishing bottom 4 the last 5 season and giving St Kilda a priority pick after winning 11 games last season and 12 2 seasons ago, or Carlton after playing finals in 2012 and 2014 (one of the 4 consecutive seasons we have finished bottom 4!).

We know we aren't a chance of a pick. We just want to minimise the number of teams that do get picks and make them as late in the draft as possible.
We are the bottom for finals appearances after the dees made it this year.

Ch7 news saying Saints Lonie been offered 3 years by Lions.........they also added Lions becoming a destination club.

out of contract and injury prone. although I think a mix of form issues he hasn't played more than 17 games in a season (which was his debut year).

50 games 44 goals 49 behinds.

OK player and fits into that pressure forward category I suppose. 3 years seems generous.

22yo. Footy wire said was ranked 4th for tackles inside 50 per game last season.

If we're pursuing a player like Lonie, it doesn't bode well for Barrett's chance at a new contract.

I'd prefer we target Billings, but Lonie's certainly got something to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back