2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? It went upstairs, no deflection or snicko present, no edge, clear LBW, was very, very lucky it was umpires call given he didn't even consult with Smith who always seems to tell plays not to bother, it doesn't seem like anyone who bats with Smith ever reviews
Wrong.
Why? It went upstairs, no deflection or snicko present, no edge, clear LBW, was very, very lucky it was umpires call given he didn't even consult with Smith who always seems to tell plays not to bother, it doesn't seem like anyone who bats with Smith ever reviews
Wrong.

most to least significant english wickets
1) stokes
2) root
3) burns
4) bairstow
5) denly
6) buttler
7) roy
8) overton
9) leach
10) archer
11) broad
good to get 2) and 3) out already

I Dno, I’d have butler above bairstow and Denly just cos his first innings in this match will give him some confidence, but otherwise agree with the list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reviews shouldnt rest with players for lbw, the umpires should do a 3rd umpire signal and give a soft signal of out or not out on every lbw shout.

Player Reviews should be for knicks/gloves only

Wrong, he was speaking to Smith as he reviewed it.
But it's what you would have expected when he knew he hit it.

He walked down the pitch, said something then reviewed it, that's not consulting with anyone.

If he had hit it he would have reviewed the second the finger went up, not thought about it for 2 seconds

Reviews shouldnt rest with players for lbw, the umpires should do a 3rd umpire signal and give a soft signal of out or not out on every lbw shout.

Player Reviews should be for knicks/gloves only

Draws will skyrocket if you're going to review every LBW shout on the 5th day of a test match! Be lucky to bowl 50 overs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Yeah, saw that.
2) Yeah, but I'm getting very nervous about breaking wind 😭
I saw a Test against the Windies where they broke our team, 1982 maybe but we had about 4 subs on at some point. It was the only time Rod Marsh captained Australia because both Hughes and Chappell were off.

I saw a Test against the Windies where they broke our team, 1982 maybe but we had about 4 subs on at some point. It was the only time Rod Marsh captained Australia because both Hughes and Chappell were off.

The 1980 one where we got our arses handed to us.
Have you been enjoying this series?

Is there general agreement that Warner should be dropped for the next Test.
At the presser, Smith was talking about Warner's next innings at The Oval.
He's either expressing confidence that Warner will be reselected, or it's a done deal.

I'm ok if Warner's dropped, btw. Harris as well, but it's not as if we have good top order batsmen queuing up.
Bring back Burns, I reckon.

The 1980 one where we got our arses handed to us.
Have you been enjoying this series?
Yeah it's been a ripper.
The Melbourne Test against England in that summer popped my Test match cherry. Chappelli got 50 and a bloke ran on to shake his hand and was allowed to run off without being sat on by security.

Easy to say if you support the team who was given their wickets immediately

Lol, we’ve had to use DRS to get heaps of wickets which were given not out on the field.

But of course the Aussie fans don’t remember them, only the close LBW shouts they’ve been unable to overturn because they wasted their reviews.

I think it was Travis Head, backfoot, on the shin in front of middle and off, given not out. But a player sweeping being hit in front of leg stump well forward is the only howler according to BigFooty...

It's not that simple. Plus, we're in a strong position.
Sometimes, a bowler's rhythm is off, or they're trying too hard, or for some inexplicable reason what they're trying to do just doesn't come out of the hand right. No bowler intends to bowl poorly, just like a fieldsman never tries to drop a catch.
Having said that, the Aussie quicks either sprayed the ball (Starc horribly, with the first new ball) or bowled too short (Cummins and even Hazlewood).
I'm happy to read what Cummins said. It means they're aware and determined to fix it.
Actually it is that simple.
You may fail to be accurate but if you bowl 6 short balls in an over then you are making the wrong decisions in what to bowl. Slow down a bit then reset and go again.
Cummins is basically saying they got it wrong. I would say, again

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

WE will win this one. Davie Warner 3 quacks on the trot. Quack Quack Quack. Has to be "rested" for the fifth test. Go back and make some runs in the Sheffield Shield before being recalled. Langer and his left handed policy a complete failure in this series. Lyon gee hasn't he lost confidence quickly. Someone mentioned the arm ball, does not seem to have one would be useful when ball spinning so much. Does not seem to be getting the ball "above" the eye level as often as when taking wickets. Anyway he gets another chance tomorrow needs a 3 or 4 fer to get back some confidence. I did mention I would have been happy to see him not play in this game. Siddle would have done the job here. Happy that Wade got a useful 34 and Archer got a 3 fa.
Failed runput taken a toll I suspect

Actually it is that simple.
You may fail to be accurate but if you bowl 6 short balls in an over then you are making the wrong decisions in what to bowl. Slow down a bit then reset and go again.
Cummins is basically saying they got it wrong. I would say, again

Well that's just not true, a lot depends on who the batsman you're bowling to is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back