List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

im scared that our recruitment team will draft Dylan Williams with pick 11

I know Williams was rated highly last year but his performances this year have been pretty lacklustre. This has been attributed to a reoccurring back problem that hampered him throughout 2019 but at Pick 11 there are other players that have shown superior promise without injury queries surrounding them. I do think if he gets his body right he could surprise a few and could be really good value for a club if he slips from 25 onwards but I'd be fairly upset if we take him at 11.

im scared that our recruitment team will draft Dylan Williams with pick 11

We shouldn't. He could be a very good player but that said he's not much of a Hawthorn player.

What I do expect is that we will potentially trade next year's first rounder to get Williams if he's still on the board a bit later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks top draft players:
#1 2009 - Tom Scully
#1 2011 - Jon Patton
#1* 2011 - Jaeger O'Meara
#6 2011 - Chad Wingard
#7 2016 - Jack Scrimshaw
#9 2007 - Ben McEvoy
#12 2000 - Shaun Burgoyne
#12 2006 - James Frawley

All from other clubs. Impressive trading in anyone's book, but it will be a relief to finally have a couple of our own in a months time.

Respect your opinion but I do not want Ash one bit, I’d be quite disappointed if he was our first pick. He’s like Sam Frost except without the size, strength and defensive 1-on-1 capability... so virtually just a small chaotic mess. He just gets the ball and runs as fast as he can which might look exciting but at AFL level he will be exposed hard and would not fit into a well structured defence like Hawthorn’s. He butchers the ball a lot, as shown even in his highlights because he just runs himself into trouble constantly. Basically, I see his only strength as his weakness which is not a good sign. Happy to be wrong on this though haha.

Great call, as I watched this I witnessed a player trying very hard to be noticed and burning team structures and teammates in the process. Very immature lad.
Billy Hartung MK2

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back