List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good get for the Hawks, we're a tad hamstrung with list spots and are taking only three picks this year. So for us it was use 47 and turf 50 or give them both to you and our 2020 second rounder.

We've got 26,27 & 30 now which isn't a bad situation for us in 2019. But yes you saw an opportunity and struck a deal, I'm happy with our reasoning as well.

Edit- sorry we kept 47 and that will be used on ex ***** ****** *** ***
Shows clubs like Essendon the benefit of having good relationships when trading

because the perception is that we will be a middle of the road team, i personally believe we'll make finals, so the team we are trading with will be expecting a 2020 pick 10 but will likely get one later imo, which means we can maybe get a bit of a bargain potentially, if this is our plan?
Middle of the road, at best? :straining:🤭

Your 1st generally has the perceived value of your current position which is pick 11 but with all the BS academy picks next years it might take a sweetener to get 15.

I really like this move, it gives ourselves a chance of getting 3 kids in the top 25 this year which would be absolutely fantastic. Even if can't get a pick swap for another top 20 pick this year, it gives us a 2nd rounder next year when all 30 was going to be doing was being used as points for Finn anyways.

Fantastic move by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming their 2nd rounder is pick 40 next year with all the academy and f/s picks, did we come out ahead on points?

Enables us to now trade a future 1st for another top 25 pick this year (deeper better quality draft) it also means we use Norths 2nd rounder next year to get Connor Downie. Gives us much needed flexibility.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Enables us to now trade a future 1st for another top 25 pick this year (deeper better quality draft) it also means we use Norths 2nd rounder next year to get Connor Downie. Gives us much needed flexibility.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes obviously that's why we entertained the trade. My question was whether we came out ahead in terms of points (not flexibility)

Yes obviously that's why we entertained the trade. My question was whether we came out ahead in terms of points (not flexibility)
Well they would need to finish inside the 8 to even get equal with the pick 30 we have up, then the other picks are bonuses on top, so points wise we end up ahead. The compromised draft thing is blown out of proportion next year, and if they are using multiple pics before north’s second it can move us up in the draft

Was a great trade for us today. Gives us a much greater chance of getting another top 20 kid this year.

At worst we have a full complement of picks next year.

30 was going to be eaten up with Finn no matter where a bid comes. Unless it comes top 10, in which event, increases our chances at getting one of Kemp, Robertson, Stephens

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Going hard at snagging basically three first rounders this year. Its perfectly understandable, we missed the boat last year, and we want players who can assist us 2020/21 when we should be contending.

Pick Gould!

I disagree

I think we believe we have the pieces to challenge for the next 2-3 years with a free agent or 2 and this year is about the next era 5 plus years from now.

Not that they won't contribute short term but we shouldn't factor that in when choosing.

I do like Gould tho also, upside is so overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back