List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I definitely agree that I would probably prefer the three aforementioned targets. But GWS moving up to Pick 4 is a headache because unless Melbourne bids on Green they will likely take another player + match points on Green. This means that one 'slider' may not get to us. There is a reality in which all of Stephens (to Adelaide), Kemp (to Carlton) and Robertson (to Fremantle) are not available with our selection. In this case I am completely fine with picking up McAsey.

The best case scenario is GWS take Green with 4 (only happens with a Melbourne bid unfortunately) and Fremantle take Henry with 10. If this eventuates I believe we will land Kemp because Serong may be available for Carlton.

This is the worst case scenario other than Finn being bid on in the top 10.

Any trading of our future first surely gets done on the night if Finn hasn't been bid on Richmond does look the likeliest option . We would pay a premium though it would have to include 30 and future first for 19 and future second, Bringing in 3 top 20 talents would be a good result though . I have a feeling Harrison Jones is the player we could be keen on , have been linked to him all year.

Any trading of our future first surely gets done on the night if Finn hasn't been bid on Richmond does look the likeliest option . We would pay a premium though it would have to include 30 and future first for 19 and future second, Bringing in 3 top 20 talents would be a good result though . I have a feeling Harrison Jones is the player we could be keen on , have been linked to him all year.

we will take him cheers

Just watched that little snippet with no sound and got a sniff of the "Toby Greens"
From a small sample there was a bit to like.
I think it's the haircut ;)
Toby kung fu Greene has this kid covered by a fair margin on pure football ability.
On every other matrix Cody has Greene covered, absolutely worked his butt off to get from just a player at 15 to a chance of going top 20 in this years draft, also very likeable young bloke to boot.

Gould will get absolutely torched by quick small forwards. Stratton has been excellent against those types throughout his career.
Not sure I agree though it depends on the role he's given. If he's likened to Hurn then hes unlikely to stand the Betts/Cyril type forwards. I think he's a beauty. Natural footballer with upside.

We need a future second coming in to trade the future first, maybe Pick 19, 2020 second-round and pick 56 for 2020 first-round, pick 30 and pick 63.

Hawthorn in:

Pick 19
2020 second-round linked to Richmond
Pick 56

Richmond in:

2020 first-round linked to Hawthorn
pick 30
Pick 63

Plus for that to happen Hawthorn would need Maginness to fall past pick 19 so this trade would only happen on the night in my opinion.

19 is in that speculative range and not much better than 30 even 40, if we trade our 1st its a top 15 or no go for me.

So does this mean we use the points from all the rest of our picks on Finn AND (assuming we trade 1sts) get two first rounders this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are giving us a future 2nd rounder and 50,73 for our pick 30

So the bigger plan is to trade pick 11 and get two first rd selections this yr?

Is it worth trading this yr pick 11 and 30 for two first rd picks🤷‍♂️

Are we counting on Finn going outside the first 20 or they are not to concerned.

I think

Is it worth trading this yr pick 11 and 30 for two picks in the 20🤷‍♂️

We must be counting on finn going outside the first 20 or they are not to concerned.
My understanding is we are looking at trading a future first for a first rounder this year. Dont think we'd want to drop back in this draft, we are right in the sweet spot.

Is it worth trading this yr pick 11 and 30 for two first rd picks🤷‍♂️

We must be counting on finn going outside the first 20 or they are not to concerned.
Hold 11 and try and trade 2020 first for a 2019 first although I can't see another club wanting to give up their 2019 first for our 2020 first. We have enough points to match any bid for Finn after our first pick.

Based on points North would have to make the GF to win this trade. It's a win win though.

For those wondering Pick 42, 50, 54 & 63 give us enough points to match a bid on Finn from pick 12 onwards. However, I'm beginning to suspect the club believes Finn will not attract a first round bid and are consequently looking for a later first round pick rather than earlier. Something like 2020 First for Pick 18/19. This way we can get two first round picks + Maginness while also keeping some later picks.

It's a risky play which may work in our favour but I can't help feel that everything will collapse if Finn is bid on early and we have to pass.

Hold 11 and try and trade 2020 first for a 2019 first although I can't see another club wanting to give up their 2019 first for our 2020 first. We have enough points to match any bid for Finn after our first pick.

I don't think we would do the trade with North unless we had a deal with another club for our future first.

Recruiter Gary Buckenara reveals types of players every club should be targeting in 2019 draft
Should your club be looking at inside midfielders? Players with pace? Key defenders? A ruckman? Respected recruiter Gary Buckenara reveals what your club’s draft strategy should be ahead of the national draft.

HAWTHORN
The Hawks are positioned well for the draft and definitely have enough points to match a bid for father-son prospect Finn Maginness, who I have ranked in the top 15 players in this draft, it’s just a matter of how early that bid comes. It’s been a long time since the Hawks have had a first-round pick and the club will be hoping no bid comes for Maginness before their first pick, No.11, so they can draft a young gun and then use points from later selections to match the bid and effectively get two top 15-20 talents for the price of one. The Hawks are in need of a quick and clever small forward after losing Cyril Rioli and Paul Puopolo nearing the end of his career.
Draft picks: 11, 30, 42, 54, 63, 87, 92

For those wondering Pick 42, 50, 54 & 63 give us enough points to match a bid on Finn from pick 12 onwards. However, I'm beginning to suspect the club believes Finn will not attract a first round bid and are consequently looking for a later first round pick rather than earlier. Something like 2020 First for Pick 18/19. This way we can get two first round picks + Maginness while also keeping some later picks.

It's a risky play which may work in our favour but I can't help feel that everything will collapse if Finn is bid on early and we have to pass.

I like this idea, i agree we could get caught with egg on our face if some club picks him.

Back our selves in lets be bold and go for it!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back