Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarko has no idea vs Richmond he's had 3 years to try something different when we've played them but has gone with the same thing everytime and we have looked clueless, Tigers are a quality team but Hardwick also has his number.

tige19 be great if salaries were made public but the game is so rife with corruption that it'll never happen.

Regarding Brad Crouch, I think you may overrate him slightly if you think he's better than Jager, I'd have them on similar pegging, but think if anyone may have extra gears to go to it would be Jaeger.

Hasn't beaten him since 2016. No doubt.

We just need to be careful with the types we target this offseason. The game is obviously changing.

I’ve been saying it all year- our pressure on the ball carrier- particularly in our forward half but also through the middle of the ground is no where near it.
Poppy is the only one who provides it and he’s nearly cooked. We need to find some pressure players that tackle if we want to even think about matching Richmond...
Agree with this. Tigers formula is a few superstars (including the best in the game) and then manic pressure. We are lacking in both the superstars and the pressure players. The former is hard / expensive to get. The latter can be improved with good targeted recruiting.

Agree with this. Tigers formula is a few superstars (including the best in the game) and then manic pressure. We are lacking in both the superstars and the pressure players.

The other thing you need is speed, we should have gone harder at Bradley Hill, especially with our abundance of cap space.

The other thing you need is speed, we should have gone harder at Bradley Hill, especially with our abundance of cap space.
I mean i love Hilly and would have loved him but the saints are offering stupid money, not much we can do about that.

Yeah well I suppose we have our 2 million warchest to talk about Free agents we won't land in 2020.
So you want to give up 900k a year plus our first round pick plus what ever else the Dockers want?

That is the sort of move shit clubs do.

Clarko has no idea vs Richmond he's had 3 years to try something different when we've played them but has gone with the same thing everytime and we have looked clueless, Tigers are a quality team but Hardwick also has his number.

tige19 be great if salaries were made public but the game is so rife with corruption that it'll never happen.

Regarding Brad Crouch, I think you may overrate him slightly if you think he's better than Jager, I'd have them on similar pegging, but think if anyone may have extra gears to go to it would be Jaeger.

Agreed on salaries..

I’m not 100% on Dimma having Clarkos measure, I think a lot of it has to do with our list.

Yeah you’re probably right on Crouch vs Omera, both went 1-2 in 11 draft and statistically very similar, Jags maybe another level to go but Crouch had the better season.

Just relax and see what GW has up his sleeve mate. Once our list is fully set then critique it then. Paying silly money to anyone but a top 10 player will never work.

Just relax and see what GW has up his sleeve mate. Once our list is fully set then critique it then. Paying silly money to anyone but a top 10 player will never work.

We'll definitely try and trade one of our first round picks this years or next, you don't trade the world for Jaeger and Wingard to then change direction a couple of seasons later, I'm adamant the only way we don't trade one of our 1st round picks will be if we simply fail entice any quality players to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players like other clubs post all the time, some of our hawk players follow every club on insta, means nothing.

coniglio and Whitfield and co will only ever see $$$$ plenty of it up there.....if they want flags they come to Hawthorn

Yeah....nah.

1. they played in a GF yesterday
2. Cogs is playing for less $$$ than he could get elsewhere
3. they are far better positioned heading into 2020 to win a flag than we are.

Yeah....nah.

1. they played in a GF yesterday
2. Cogs is playing for less $$$ than he could get elsewhere
3. they are far better positioned heading into 2020 to win a flag than we are.

positioned to win a flag ...I think otherwise ...Cogs is being paid by Gill and the AFL also

And we are real club with culture history and supporters....they are a nothing franchise

coniglio and Whitfield and co will only ever see $$$$ plenty of it up there.....if they want flags they come to Hawthorn

Care to elaborate on this one ? We haven't won a final since 2015 and I think 5-6 lists are currently better positioned to win a flag in the short term other than Hawthorn.

I think the AFL money conversation bullshit has to stop, we have had players that have had ambassadorships in the past. It is possible that a good player would rather stick with what he knows and his mates from the last half-a-decade then join his U18 mate.

On the topic of hypothetical trades: Dougal looks set to go to the Dons. Whitfield, Frost, Petracca and Elliot I have been convinced are not moving.

Bonar and Cox on the other hand are hugely get-able and I think they could develop in 1-2 preseasons as best 22 players. Cox has some insane defensive nous (think Campbell Brown), playing small pressure forward and back pocket; as well as fresh-faced Poppy closing speed. Closing speed is something we desperately need with Impey out for most of the year.

Bonar is interesting, incredible athlete, spent the last 2 year working on his skills. GWS were thinking he could be a Mitch Robinson type, skinny-side winger with some ability to make an impact in stoppages. But I think with his build he can become a Bateman type, play inside and outside midfield role who can lay a couple inside 50 tackles a game. Bonar would fit perfectly on our list with North and the Dees sniffing around James Cousins.

We could ask the Giants to pack up Bonar with Patton to send him over. And if Birchall wants to get some sun with Hodgey and Fages, we can send him up their for Cox.

That being said our priorities look like they are Magginess and McAsey. Which are extremely get-able if we decide that no big fish are worthy of Wrighty's time and effort

On the topic of hypothetical trades: Dougal looks set to go to the Dons. Whitfield, Frost, Petracca and Elliot I have been convinced are not moving.
Dougal at Essendon when they have Stewart and Gown in reserve is a bit of an odd one. Or is Stewart cooked?

Have you been convinced by someone or is this from your own thoughts?

We'll definitely try and trade one of our first round picks this years or next, you don't trade the world for Jaeger and Wingard to then change direction a couple of seasons later, I'm adamant the only way we don't trade one of our 1st round picks will be if we simply fail entice any quality players to come.
Gut feel is that one of this year’s or next’s first round pick will be out the door in return for 2 top 20 picks this trade period.
Ie, Brisbane currently hold 15 and 19 this year.
Such a deal presents many an option.

Gut feel is that one of this year’s or next’s first round pick will be out the door in return for 2 top 20 picks this trade period.
Ie, Brisbane currently hold 15 and 19 this year.
Such a deal presents many an option.
Would be a disaster to trade pick 10 for 15 with other picks involved and then Finn gets bid on at pick12,13 or 14 thus wiping out 15 when we could have had 10 and Finn

Would be a disaster to trade pick 10 for 15 with other picks involved and then Finn gets bid on at pick12,13 or 14 thus wiping out 15 when we could have had 10 and Finn
I assume in that scenario we would look to trade in players with those picks. Or at least one of the picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back