2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying for one second that Kelly wanted to go home for better family support.

I'm saying it's ridiculous for Geelong to complain about not being able to pay Kelly more money outside the salary cap to support his family (and get him to stay), as if that would help given his overall income
My mistake thought the comment was around Kelly not Geelong👍

I think it's insulting to judge someone else's circumstances, particularly in this area, when you have no idea about them.

I'm not judging Kelly at all.

I'm judging Geelong's whinge to the AFL, effectively blaming them for not being able to keep Kelly, because they wanted to throw more money at Kelly to support his family. They (Geelong) are saying more money would have solved his problems, hence my previous comments on that being insulting.

When actually, it's clear Kelly wanted the support of his family in WA, not simply more money, which is perfectly understandable given Kelly wouldn't have financial issues in his position

I'm not judging Kelly at all.

I'm judging Geelong's whinge to the AFL, effectively blaming them for not being able to keep Kelly, because they wanted to throw more money at Kelly to support his family. They (Geelong) are saying more money would have solved his problems, hence my previous comments on that being insulting.

When actually, it's clear Kelly wanted the support of his family in WA, not simply more money, which is perfectly understandable given Kelly wouldn't have financial issues in his position

That's fair.

That's fair.

Yeah sorry if my original post wasn't clear, I definitely don't want to be judging Kelly's family situation because no doubt that is very challenging for him.

Unfortunately it took Geelong a year longer than it should have to realize the support he really needed was back in Western Australia

Yeah sorry if my original post wasn't clear, I definitely don't want to be judging Kelly's family situation because no doubt that is very challenging for him.

Unfortunately it took Geelong a year longer than it should have to realize the support he really needed was back in Western Australia

No worries.

Nah, Geelong knew he needed to return home. They just didn't give a shit.

So what happened with Fantasia? Guessing he saw Ports offer wasn't going to blow him away like he thought it would and then had to go crawling back to the Bombers.
I'd say so. He probably looked at how Port overpay to bring in talent and saw a big dollar sign hanging over their heads. He probably wasn't counting on Port not having the cap space to get it done.

So what happened with Fantasia? Guessing he saw Ports offer wasn't going to blow him away like he thought it would and then had to go crawling back to the Bombers.
They can’t pay the players they have now - who the **** would want to go to them?

I still don’t get why they’re shifting out their best key position talent in Howard after signing him for another 3 years.

I still don’t get why they’re shifting out their best key position talent in Howard after signing him for another 3 years.
I dont think they will now, they only wanted him gone to use that pick to secure Fantasia now he isnt coming they'll demand he stay as he is contracted.

That's completely f’ed.

As if a player earning $700,000 per year wouldn't be able to support two autistic children financially

Wouldn't Kelly have been playing the last two years on a base AFL salary, plus match payments, as he's been on the initial two-year draftee wage plan?

From next year his salary will skyrocket, absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think they will now, they only wanted him gone to use that pick to secure Fantasia now he isnt coming they'll demand he stay as he is contracted.

I think they were hoping for that or a top 10 pick from North for Dougal; that doesn't seem likely now he's chosen St Kilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back