2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s also clear daylight the commentary team want the Roosters to win.

cheering for them.

I still can’t believe that refs decision.

He waves on another 6, causing the Canberra player to take the tackle and not keep the ball moving but then calls possession to the Roosters who run it down for the winning try.

Could possibly go down as the worst decision in the history of any Grand Final.

Ricky Stewart is going to kill someone in that presser.

Ruined a great game

I don't follow rugby. What's that the equivalent of in AFL? Blowing the whistle for a high tackle, reversing it, everyone stopping, then paying advantage, go down the field and goal?
I was trying to think of one, but I reckon this sums it up pretty well.

But I think equivalent would be a player deciding not to take the advantage, but had they goaled the 6 points would have been paid, but the ump then awards it to the other team who then play on for a goal.

It was that bad.

There is clear vision of the ref with his arm in the air calling another 6 to Canberra. They were 5 metres from the line.

Punched Lever at half time of the GF did he ?

Wait and see
It’ll all be ok that Daniher wants to go but with us it was culture, low balling or Adelaide can’t retain top players ....

...... and still is

Anyway
Even Essendon fans are amazed at the lack of media on this

View attachment 759731

For someone that lives on the internet I’m surprised you can’t grasp the context of sarcasm

On the other hand I’m not surprised in the slightest

I don't follow rugby. What's that the equivalent of in AFL? Blowing the whistle for a high tackle, reversing it, everyone stopping, then paying advantage, go down the field and goal?
Paying a free 30 out, and calling advantage, then reversing it and paying 50 because they player had kicked the goal instead of giving the ball back, then paying another 50 for talking back, then another for encroaching the protected zone from which the opposition score.

And repeating that for 1/3 of the total game score.

Fair enough the ref overturned his decision, and rightly so, but seriously why would a player ever get expect that to happen?

That was a disaster of a call, even.the sending off of Cronk should've been a penalty try..... ain't nobody stopping Papali that close to the line.

Canberra robbed.

A 21yo Blaine Boekhorst taken out of nowhere at 19 is an all time classic draft pick. Unsurprisingly, he never got very far.

Cook added the club couldn’t do much more to convince Kelly to stay but said there was some regret the Cats weren’t able to convince the AFL to allow them to provide more financial support to his family outside the salary cap.

“We tried to get assistance outside of the cap for the family,” Cook told SEN.

“Unfortunately the Kelly’s have two children who are autistic and need unbelievable support and assistance, and we tried to work with around the AFL and get some compensation.

“And we eventually couldn’t get that, the AFL wouldn’t allow us that.

“The only thing I felt we could have done better was to have got more dollars to do more things to help them in so many more ways but we couldn’t get to that stage.”

:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's completely f’ed.

As if a player earning $700,000 per year wouldn't be able to support two autistic children financially

I didn't read that as needing financial support, i thought along the lines of needing family support

I didn't read that as needing financial support, i thought along the lines of needing family support
"The only thing I felt we could have done better was to have got more dollars to do more things to help them in so many more ways "

Geelong wanted to pay Kelly outside the salary cap because a $700,000 per year player didn't have enough money to support his disabled kids.

It's bullshit

"The only thing I felt we could have done better was to have got more dollars to do more things to help them in so many more ways "

Geelong wanted to pay Kelly outside the salary cap because a $700,000 per year player didn't have enough money to support his disabled kids.

It's bullshit

I missed that bit, that is bullshit, i know people on far less money been able to look after autistic kids

It's bullshit
That’s Geelong though not the Kelly’s.
Money can’t buy everything.

Interesting looking at Gary Buckenara's review of Melbourne's list....Jakey boi won't be too enthused

Here’s the breakdown:
A: Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver
B+: Jack Viney, Tom McDonald
B: Nil
B-: Nathan Jones, Christian Salem, Angus Brayshaw, Michael Hibberd, Kade Kolodjashnij, Jake Melksham, Bayley Fritsch, Steven May
C+: Christian Petracca, Jake Lever, Sam Frost, Aaron Vandenberg, Jayden Hunt, Alex Neale-Bullen, Marty Hore, Josh Wagner, Neville Jetta
C: James Harmes, Billy Stretch, Mitch Hannan, Oscar McDonald, Joel Smith, Corey Wagner
C-: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Braydon Preuss
Developing*: Sam Weideman
Developing: Charlie Spargo, Oskar Baker, Harrison Petty, James Jordan, Tom Sparrow, Toby Bedford, Aaron Nietschke, Austin Bradtke, Kade Chandler
For a team that has had so many top draft picks, for the players not to have elevated themselves and/or received the right development to become very good AFL players or stars of the competition by now is alarming.

Not a great idea to judge the lives or decisions of people with children with disabilities.

I actually think it's insulting to suggest a player on that level of income is unable to support their family financially and requires extra financial assistance when so many families can support their disabled kids on much lower incomes. Or even worse, families on low incomes who would kill for an extra $1,000 for their kids, let alone be on a base salary in the top 5% of Australians

And this is speaking as someone whose family has autistic children

I actually think it's insulting to suggest a player on that level of income is unable to support their family financially and requires extra financial assistance when so many families can support their disabled kids on much lower incomes. Or even worse, families on low incomes who would kill for an extra $1,000 for their kids, let alone be on a base salary in the top 5% of Australians

And this is speaking as someone whose family has autistic children

I think it's insulting to judge someone else's circumstances, particularly in this area, when you have no idea about them.

Read previous post

I'm not denying for one second that Kelly wanted to go home for better family support. That's a perfectly reasonable request

I'm saying it's ridiculous for Geelong to complain about not being able to pay Kelly more money outside the salary cap to support his family (and get him to stay), as if that would help given his overall income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back